U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-31-2010, 06:43 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,677 times
Reputation: 453

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
Once again, I asked for a source that would show that hispanics are involved in 90% of the crimes in the United States. This assertion is from the article YOU PROVIDED. You have provided no source because it's a blatant lie.

Again, you claim to have all the facts but you provide no evidence to support this ridiculous claim (i.e., hispanics commit 90% of crime in the USA).

So I wait for real evidence/data to back up this B.S. I won't be holding my breath!!
And like I told you, do the work yourself. I provided a link to a published story. You want more facts, look them up! Do your own work.

And you'll find plenty of links right here in CD, there's a hint so you don't have to strain yourself.

 
Old 05-31-2010, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
787 posts, read 1,623,944 times
Reputation: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Of course it's not 90% of the crime in the United States; however, in AZ, illegal immigrants most likely are committing a disproportionate share of crime.
Yes, thank for being intellectually honest. The article posted by the OP is anything but honest. And of course, the sources you've provided show that is NOT EVEN close (as any reasonably informed person would know).
 
Old 05-31-2010, 11:02 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
787 posts, read 1,623,944 times
Reputation: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
And like I told you, do the work yourself. I provided a link to a published story. You want more facts, look them up! Do your own work.

And you'll find plenty of links right here in CD, there's a hint so you don't have to strain yourself.

You posted the gabage...not my job to clean up after you. I ALREADY KNOW the facts....I was hoping YOU MIGHT want to educate yourself.
 
Old 05-31-2010, 11:29 PM
 
Location: TEXAS
378 posts, read 357,110 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
You posted the gabage...not my job to clean up after you. I ALREADY KNOW the facts....I was hoping YOU MIGHT want to educate yourself.
HA! That's what people say when they don't want to do their own homework OR when they cannot prove what they claim.
 
Old 05-31-2010, 11:38 PM
 
Location: TEXAS
378 posts, read 357,110 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
I am doing my best not to laugh.....you make the claim that the illegal immigrants and their supporters are the true racists.

From the article . . . uh, and also from what we see on the news:

"I do not see any American citizens burning the Mexican flag or condemning the Hispanic race in any rally's in support of Arizona's SB 1070 law or at any other anti Illegal Immigration gathering, but I see the burning of the American flag, racist remarks, and anger at Caucasian Americans in most all rally's and gatherings in support of Illegal Immigration. Thus it is those who are here illegally and those who support them who are the true racists."

There may be some Americans who've burned the mexican flag or made racial comments, but overall, it IS hispanics and their supporters who fling racial slurs, burn the American flag, turn the American flag upside down and place it underneath the mexican flag, and engage in violent actions against white Americans.

Now tell me that is NOT racist!
 
Old 06-01-2010, 12:08 AM
 
70 posts, read 227,452 times
Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
When we are little babies we learn that "CRYING" gets us what we want. Through proper parenting we learn that, really, if we want things we must learn to get them ourselves. Some, parents, give their babies anything they want just to shut them up. When these babies never learn the (through lazy parents) lessons of "independence" they grow up to be BIG babies. They still believe that CRYING gets them what they want and to some extent it does. But the cry changes to whining and other things like the race card. (I would rather hear a fat man fart than a grown man cry)These are nothing more than big babies that still cry to get their milk from mommy. The supporters of illegal immigrants more than likely have never had to earn the things they have in life (such as friends) so they feel like if they can MAKE you like the illegals by telling on you at the local congressman's office.
"GIVE ME WHAT I WANT OR I'M TELLING!"
"IF YOU DON'T TREAT ME SPECIAL I'LL CALL YOU A RACIST!"
"YOU SHOULD GIVE ME ALL THE THINGS YOU WORKED FOR, I DESERVE IT TOO!"
"YOU OWE ME!"
Good Post, and good thread, I'm glad somebody came out and said it. The bottom line is the supporters are a big chunk of the problem and these illegal aliens are a huge burden on OUR country. If you are not legally in the country, you do not belong here, I do not see what some people don't understand about this.
 
Old 06-01-2010, 08:21 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17694
Check out this thread if you need so see some proof of their racist mentallity. They are concerned only with the Hispanic population.

Detained illegal immigrants' views on Census participation.
 
Old 06-01-2010, 09:02 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Check out this thread if you need so see some proof of their racist mentallity. They are concerned only with the Hispanic population.

Detained illegal immigrants' views on Census participation.
What's surprising about this? I came of age in the 60's..(I'm a Viet Nam-era vet). Along about that time in history, "we" decided that we wanted to be a "multicultural society". It was never explained all too clearly exactly what this meant, but most of us thought it sounded pretty 'cool'...new food, new music, new art...that sort of thing.

Essentially, this (the illegal immigration debate) is an example of multiculturalsm...i.e., a huge cultural 'bloc' within our society, either unwilling or unable to put their 'country' above their 'culture'...and so it goes. These are people who feel STRONG loyalty to those who share some sort of historic cultural ties ('tribe'), and very WEAK loyalty toward their fellow American citizens.

It's not a GOOD situation..(and the future undoubtedly holds many more such conflicts)...but to me, it's perfectly logical. You can't have a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, multi-religious society of 330 million individuals, without emphasizing SOME sort of 'common bond'. Get rid of that 'common bond', and you have what we have today....culture vs culture, engaged in endless conflicts, because each feels more connected to its members than to our society at large.

Multiculturalism? Great fun at a picnic or a street fair...but as a way to run a society?...I'm not sure. I suggest next time we as a society feel the need to pursue a goal, we take the time to define the possible after-effects. Today, after 40 years or so of "celebrating our differences", we can no longer even have a rational discussion of who we "are"...(and, of course, any outsider can sense our divisiveness, and use it to his/ her advantage).

Illegal immigration shouldn't be a 'racial' issue, nor a cultural one....but that's what we've made it.
 
Old 06-01-2010, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Don't be a cry baby!
1,310 posts, read 1,145,391 times
Reputation: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1angrytaxpayer View Post
check out this thread if you need so see some proof of their racist mentallity. They are concerned only with the hispanic population.

Detained illegal immigrants' views on Census participation.
hey, that's racist!
 
Old 06-01-2010, 09:14 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,677 times
Reputation: 453
It does amaze me how blatantly racist this lot of illegal aliens are, as well as their advocates yet scream racism when Americans try and save our own Country from being destroyed by Third World lifestyles, living and lawlessness. Wanting to defend MY home does not make me racist. Knowing the only ones screaming for rights undeserved are those from SOB and calling it as it is, does not make one racist.

It amazes me, it's as though they say: "I can tell you what I am doing and what I want. But if YOU tell others it is me, you are racist"???

Insanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top