U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:03 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Well, I guess I'm a racist then and I'm okay with that. When I need a job done I always hire hispanics who are "possibly" here illegally. I don't ask and they don't tell. Why? Because they are happy to work for $25.00 an hour; they are consistently hard workers who take pride in what they do and they continually remind me how lucky I am to live in the U.S. As far as crime goes, I have had hispanic workers in my home alone, unsupervised for years and never experienced any theft or other problems. There are those who argue that I should be hiring people I know to be U.S. citizens who deserve the work. I will tell you that every job I hired out for skilled or unskilled labor (paying the same rate of $25.00 an hour) who were obviously from the U.S., I was disappointed with. Either the work was done sloppily or, the job was never completed--or, hallfway through a project the price goes up. So much for "hard working American values". Bottom line, if I lived in a country where there was no opportunity to provide for myself and my family I would do the same thing--go where there is opportunity. I have yet to meet the criminal element that everyone objects to. The folks that have worked for me have been polite, diligent and trustworthy; regular people...
I just love the steretyping to justify illegal activity that people like you do. People like you are part of the problem when you don't follow the law of determing whether your workers have a right to work in this country. No, law breakers are not "regular" people regardless of how "nice" they appear to be. It just baffles me that one's conscience and respect for our nation's laws doesn't even enter into the equasion in all of this by like minded individuals.

 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Texas or Cascais, Portugal
3,043 posts, read 2,882,659 times
Reputation: 7254
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I just love the steretyping to justify illegal activity that people like you do. People like you are part of the problem when you don't follow the law of determing whether your workers have a right to work in this country. No, law breakers are not "regular" people regardless of how "nice" they appear to be. It just baffles me that one's conscience and respect for our nation's laws doesn't even enter into the equasion in all of this by like minded individuals.
"Stereotyping"? Hardly. I could post pictures here of work I have had done by "honest U.S. citizens" and work done by hispanic workers. There is NO comparison. Work done by local "legit" businesses is an embarrassment; work performed by hispanic workers looks like something out of a magazine. Maybe when more U.S. citizens start taking pride in what they do, there will be less of a market for outside labor.
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:22 AM
 
364 posts, read 184,272 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
"Stereotyping"? Hardly. I could post pictures here of work I have had done by "honest U.S. citizens" and work done by hispanic workers. There is NO comparison. Work done by local "legit" businesses is an embarrassment; work performed by hispanic workers looks like something out of a magazine. Maybe when more U.S. citizens start taking pride in what they do, there will be less of a market for outside labor.
maybe balto is diferent
here in az
ilegal aliens work is junk
freind of mine had his roof worked on
ilegals did it first an messed up bad
americans came in an redid tha job
an it was done right
 
Old 06-04-2010, 08:24 AM
 
364 posts, read 184,272 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Well, I guess I'm a racist then and I'm okay with that. When I need a job done I always hire hispanics who are "possibly" here illegally. I don't ask and they don't tell. Why? Because they are happy to work for $25.00 an hour; they are consistently hard workers who take pride in what they do and they continually remind me how lucky I am to live in the U.S. As far as crime goes, I have had hispanic workers in my home alone, unsupervised for years and never experienced any theft or other problems. There are those who argue that I should be hiring people I know to be U.S. citizens who deserve the work. I will tell you that every job I hired out for skilled or unskilled labor (paying the same rate of $25.00 an hour) who were obviously from the U.S., I was disappointed with. Either the work was done sloppily or, the job was never completed--or, hallfway through a project the price goes up. So much for "hard working American values". Bottom line, if I lived in a country where there was no opportunity to provide for myself and my family I would do the same thing--go where there is opportunity. I have yet to meet the criminal element that everyone objects to. The folks that have worked for me have been polite, diligent and trustworthy; regular people...
if find that are to believ
25 an hour is very good money
lotsa americans would kil to have that
even in balto
 
Old 06-04-2010, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Texas or Cascais, Portugal
3,043 posts, read 2,882,659 times
Reputation: 7254
I didn't say there aren't americans who will work for $25.00 an hour, there are plently of individuals here who will. It's the quality of the work that is at issue. As for local businesses that do similar jobs, they ARE charging significantly more than that for labor in this area. I don't believe in paying hispanics less than what I would pay anyone else.
 
Old 06-04-2010, 10:11 AM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,031,175 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I have not heard one slution either without always amnesty. It ain't gonna happen.


Honesty cannot be refuted.


ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND SUPPORTERS ARE THE TRUE RACISTS - TheCypressTimes (http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/News/Opinion_Editorial/ILLEGAL_IMMIGRANTS_AND_SUPPORTERS_ARE_THE_TRUE_RAC ISTS/30541 - broken link)
How is burning the American flag racist? If Illegal immigrants are racist, why do they migrate to a country that is majority White. That's like a Klan member migrating to Jamaica. The OP doesn't make sense.
 
Old 06-04-2010, 10:20 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
How is burning the American flag racist? If Illegal immigrants are racist, why do they migrate to a country that is majority White. That's like a Klan member migrating to Jamaica. The OP doesn't make sense.
It isn't racist to burn the American flag it is disrespectful. It is obvious that illegal aliens migrate here for money. If Africa were above Mexico they would still be doing the same thing. However, there are many Mexicans who hate the gringo because they think he stole their land and seeking revenge and to re-claim it.
 
Old 06-04-2010, 10:21 AM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,031,175 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It isn't racist to burn the American flag it is disrespectful. It is obvious that illegal aliens migrate here for money. If Africa were above Mexico they would still be doing the same thing. However, there are many Mexicans who hate the gringo because they think he stole their land and seeking revenge and to re-claim it.
Source
 
Old 06-04-2010, 10:23 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
"Stereotyping"? Hardly. I could post pictures here of work I have had done by "honest U.S. citizens" and work done by hispanic workers. There is NO comparison. Work done by local "legit" businesses is an embarrassment; work performed by hispanic workers looks like something out of a magazine. Maybe when more U.S. citizens start taking pride in what they do, there will be less of a market for outside labor.
Funny, in my neck of the woods it has been proven that many illegals and even legals do inferior work and are always taking time off to go back to Mexico for some supposed ill or dead relative so they aren't reliable.

Doesn't matter anyway, the point is that they are here illegally and you have no right to hire them. You are breaking the law!
 
Old 06-04-2010, 10:24 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Source
Are you kidding me? You never heard of the reconquista movement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top