Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 06:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,658,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Spaceman View Post
I wish they'd come to Philadelphia and drive out the other Spanish speaking immigrants. Having lived in CA for two decades, I'll take the hard-working, well-mannered Mexicans over the car-thieving welfare-sucking Caribbean freeloaders any day. At the very least we'd have more great cheap Mexican restaurants to choose from.
Check out some of the welfare offices here in the SW -- not a Caribbean you hate to be found anywhere. But.... guess what..... there are plenty of non-English speaking freeloaders laying around in them. Try buying groceries on food stamp day sometimes - or see whose using Medicaid cards. No - not those horrid Caribbeans.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 09:32 PM

5,013 posts, read 7,394,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You honestly are going to insist that illegals from Mexico are the only people in the world who work hard and are honest? That is a load of bull -- I'm sorry but you are a racist. There is no "race" that has some genetic hard work gene.
You put words in my mouth and jumped to conclusions. I only used the term "undocumented workers" and never mentioned what country the people working on that farm were from. In fact, I don't know where they are from, it was not part of what I was told. Nor did I tell you what the demographics are of the local population where that farm is located. It's in a predominately white rural area.

So no, I didn't say that illegals (from Mexico or anywhere else) are the only people in the world who work hard and are honest. But they were the hardest-working and most dependable people our friend had to choose from where he lives, hands down.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:47 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
They came to the US to have better lives.
Just like OUR relatives did in the past.
I do not remember OUR relatives, asking the Native Americans for permission to settle here?
My guess is, if the illegals were all Swedes or German's.
You wouldn't have heard a peep out of Arizona.........................................

Steve

You mus have ties to them ?

A little history , when we came here we had to build a nation, no welfare ,no schools, no free medcal or hospitals, no free food . We worked in fieldfs, chopped down trees for lumber to build small shacks, farmed land , tended animals for work and transportation and nothing was given to anyone !

Far as the indians that aen't and never were ' native ' American ,they too came from far away , get your history sraight .

Old 05-31-2010, 10:18 PM

515 posts, read 716,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
States can enforce federal laws. That's not really the issue. The problem is conviction under the Federal law is a misdemeanor, which does not necessarily lead to deportation under current policy. Conviction under the state law is a felony which nearly automatically results in deportation and no chance of ever being allowed back in legally.
That is good to know!

So States which enact (and enforce) laws such as AZ's can save the taxpayers
a boat load of money which would otherwise have to be spent on incarceration and court/legal fees?

Have I got that right?

Old 05-31-2010, 10:31 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
They are leaving here (AZ) in droves. They are moving to NM, CA, CO, TX and Mexico, etc.. I don't blame them. Hopefuly our new law will wake up the nation. I have no idea who will trim my palm trees anymore, but I did see white guys working on my neighbors roof this week. That would never have happened a month or two ago.
Music to my ears.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest liberal View Post
Most of the undocumented immigrants work hard.
And what do people do after they worked so hard? That's right; party hard causing multiple DUIs, untouched. I've seen cases with illegal aliens who has gotten DUIs over a dozen times and they're still driving. Don't come crying to me if your elderly mother got killed walking across the street by an illegal alien as they'll just get away with MURDER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest liberal View Post
What if the shoe was on the other foot and it was you that was born in Mexico? Wouldn't you do everything humanly possible to improve the life for your family?
If I was in that situation, I'd do what I'm supposed to do; GET AN FARKING CITIZENSHIP FORM, NOT A BACKPACK AND A BOTTLE OF WATER!

Old 05-31-2010, 11:04 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,303,261 times
One thing about the article that I don't understand is this reoccuring idea that the school districts will be "losing parent support." Why would there need to be parent support for a student population that is no longer there? It's almost like a way to START FRESH for any area, city and state that imposes strict anti illegal immigration laws. You drive out illegal immigrants and that creates an opportunity for legal residents to come in. Once jobs open up, we have systems of checks in place, people WILL come to those places to work, to live and send their kids to school. The new parents that come in will be the parents that "support." The article even mentions that the state will save money. Great. Imagine, a lesser population that gives room for legal residents, families and children to come in.

That image above is text from the article. But, yea, I don't know why these articles are even written. Do they think people are stupid or something? I mean the authors, the journalists, they try to paint illegal immigrants a certain way, but do their best to not talk about the fact that they are illegal immigrants. For instance, in the above text: who do you all know that would quit their "good paying" job out of fear of being questioned if they are NOT here illegally? He quit because he is here undocumented, but you don't see anywhere in those paragraphs about the father being here illegally. What's the point of talking about it if you won't talk about what's real. And it's not about being a citizen. There are a TON of people here that are working, going to school, have children in school and they are NOT citizens of this country, I don't have a problem with that. They kill me when they make this about citizenship. I don't dislike someone because they aren't a citizen of the U.S.. It's getting to the point or already has been there that we ... just ... don't ... care about your sob stories. No more, we had enough.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:05 PM

Oh, and according to this article, illegal immigrants view New Mexico as a good place to be. We're gonna have to keep an eye on that.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
They are leaving here (AZ) in droves. They are moving to NM, CA, CO, TX and Mexico, etc.. I don't blame them. Hopefuly our new law will wake up the nation. I have no idea who will trim my palm trees anymore, but I did see white guys working on my neighbors roof this week. That would never have happened a month or two ago.
It's wrong that I'm laughing, but that was messed up, lol.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Oh, and according to this article, illegal immigrants view New Mexico as a good place to be. We're gonna have to keep an eye on that.
New Mexico will not able to withstand as it's a poor state right now. They're gonna rape the state...literally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration