Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 06:01 PM

5 posts, read 5,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
"Want" is not a good enough reason to let every person on the planet live here in the US.
Well it depends...

Instead of people who:
WANT to come here legally but are denied for no reason
WANT learn English
WANT integrate
WANT pay taxes
WANT to build business & build greater economy
WANT to share/use/learn new skills

you have people who:
DO NOT come here legally
DO NOT learn English
DO NOT integrate
DO NOT pay taxes (just maximize their income and send it home)
DO NOT feel like US is their new home

Your argument would make a lot of sense if gov. would deny entrance to everyone equally, but situation is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I think you created your own problems by creating a business. If you had a sponsor you could have done it right. I know, we hire lots of legal Immigrants.
I don't see it that as a problems, its just a stage and building my business gave me opportunity to learn, grow and sharpen my skills, which I use somewhere else now, making about the same money.

You mentioned sponsor?... hmm....did you tried that? I did. ....If you not in US, nobody will talk with you, but you can't enter until you have a sponsor...and circle is closing. And I'm talking about high demand industry job not gardening or construction. Everyone want to invite you for interview in person. It's hard to get sponsor interest when you are few thousand miles away.

Even if you super-lucky and manage to get tourist visa and travel to find a sponsor,... once you overstay your term (which happens often, because finding good job/sponsor takes time) you need to go back to your country and most of the time you got punished / denied re-entry with result of loosing your sponsor interest.

This is how US authorities make legal immigration process "easier".
If skilled people face issues like that, what do you think happen with average people? Whats are their chances for legal immigration?

It's easy to say ... there are legal ways... really? stay in the line just to hear NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 06:19 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,274,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ocrates View Post
Well it depends...

Instead of people who:
WANT learn English
WANT integrate
WANT pay taxes

you have people who:
DO NOT come here legally
DO NOT learn English
DO NOT integrate

Your argument would make a lot of sense if gov. would deny entrance to everyone equally, but situation is different.

I don't see it that as a problems, its just a stage and building my business gave me opportunity to learn, grow and sharpen my skills, which I use somewhere else now, making about the same money.

You mentioned sponsor?... hmm....did you tried that? I did. ....If you not in US, nobody will talk with you, but you can't enter until you have a sponsor...and circle is closing. And I'm talking about high demand industry job not gardening or construction. Everyone want to invite you for interview in person. It's hard to get sponsor interest when you are few thousand miles away.

Even if you super-lucky and manage to get tourist visa and travel to find a sponsor,... once you overstay your term (which happens often, because finding good job/sponsor takes time) you need to go back to your country and most of the time you got punished / denied re-entry with result of loosing your sponsor interest.

If skilled people face issues like that, what do you think happen with average people? Whats are their chances for legal immigration?

It's easy to say ... there are legal ways... really? stay in the line just to hear NO.
Tough! If there isn't a legal avenue for everyone to come here then they can just stay home or migrate somewhere else where it is easier. We aren't the only country who allows legal immigration.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is interesting to note that most if not all pro-illegals dwell on the racists on the anti-illegal immigration side to make their points though, isn't it? Very odd when the majority of Americans who oppose illegal immigration are not racists. So, the hypocricy is pretty apparent on the pro-illegal side, isn't it? PC and lack of logical thinking by far too many is what is ruining this country.
Yes you are correct.
What is even more ironic I, as illegal immigrant (at the time) I was against illegal immigration. I completely understand the point against illegal immigration, especially when you look at the issue from the perspective of people living closer to the border.
But as I wrote before, there are few groups of illegal immigrants, and many argument would have solid grounds if government would really provide legal options (something that works).

As far as race...race got nothing to do with it, but they way illegal immigrants act, do.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Tough! If there isn't a legal avenue for everyone to come here then they can just stay home or migrate somewhere else where it is easier. We aren't the only country who allows legal immigration.
Are you serious?

Sure ...if you want to have better quality of live, there are countries with better standards, but when you think to run business, North America is the best shot.

If you want to do serious company you need to target the biggest consumer market, and as far as combination of business structures and consumer base, North America is in the lead (for now)

Well, you can open offices in Russia or China (thinking volume-wise) but then you have a problem with your customer base affordability. And this will not change overnight.

Luckily thanks to internet, things are changing. You can easily set up production base outside of US while selling products / services to this market.
But at the end , thanks to this stupid regulations / blocking legal immigration ...average US citizen will become nothing but a consumer of foreign production. Instead of importing skilled people to grow economy inside the country you import products.

this is result:

http://www.natallnews.com/images/tea...e-in-china.jpg

Old 06-01-2010, 08:03 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,274,071 times
Quote:
Are you serious?

Sure ...if you want to have better quality of live, there are countries with better standards, but when you think to run business, North America is the best shot.

If you want to do serious company you need to target the biggest consumer market, and as far as combination of business structures and consumer base, North America is in the lead (for now)

Well, you can open offices in Russia or China (thinking volume-wise) but then you have a problem with your customer base affordability. And this will not change overnight.

Luckily thanks to internet, things are changing. You can easily set up production base outside of US while selling products / services to this market.
But at the end , thanks to this stupid regulations / blocking legal immigration ...average US citizen will become nothing but a consumer of foreign production. Instead of importing skilled people to grow economy inside the country you import products.

this is result:
We take in as many legal immigrants as we can accomodate. If you think No. America is the answer to your business profits then migrate to Canada.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:04 PM

364 posts, read 243,027 times
Quote:
Well it depends...

Instead of people who:
WANT learn English
WANT integrate
WANT pay taxes

you have people who:
DO NOT come here legally
DO NOT learn English
DO NOT integrate

we dont owe ielgals nothin
they all need to go home
or feel tha boot in tha butt
by usa cops

Old 06-01-2010, 08:22 PM

1,908 posts, read 2,527,879 times
Quote:
Quote:
Are you serious?

this is result:
Too bad that there are those whose applications to migrate legally are denied. We cannot let just anyone enter.

We have plenty of Americans who would LOVE to open a business. Instead of helping out struggling Americans, our government puts their focus on allowing foreigners in and allows them loans. We have enough already!

This is the United States of America and we need to begin to put the needs of our citizens before the needs of any foreigners.
We DON'T need the illegals and
right NOW
we DON'T need any more legal immigrants.
Once we get rid of 20+ million illegals then we can again think about letting in more legals.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:57 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,596,095 times
Go Arizona!!!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,470,334 times
Quote:
Yes you are correct.
What is even more ironic I, as illegal immigrant (at the time) I was against illegal immigration. I completely understand the point against illegal immigration, especially when you look at the issue from the perspective of people living closer to the border.
But as I wrote before, there are few groups of illegal immigrants, and many argument would have solid grounds if government would really provide legal options (something that works).

As far as race...race got nothing to do with it, but they way illegal immigrants act, do.
That's not all that ironic. One of my illegal neighbors is smart enough to realize that even though he's willing to work for lower wages than most Americans are, there are plenty of people who'll go even lower.

He feels that only Mexicans should be allowed to come here illegally and stay because like he said, Mexicans have some standards but Central Americans do not. He said they would work for just $2 an hour. He wants them deported if they come because like he says -- someone would do his job cheaper and he would never advance if too many come and compete.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,470,334 times
Quote:
Are you serious?

this is result:
There is a much better way and one that improves the lives of many more people.

Illegals are actually very self-centered and self-serving. They insist they have a right to a "better life" which means they come here, they make it in and to hell with the rest of "their people", those left behind in their own countries can starve to death for all they really care. Most illegals have the "Abandon ship!!" attitude, every man for himself and they see the USA as the lifeboat to jump and grab hold of.

The much better way is work to improve the political system and economic system back home. Care something about your people, your country and strive to make it better.

Mexico for example has a growing middle class - people who didn't jump ship, people who care about their country, who work hard, are proud and will be the future of their country.

Those who stay do the building, they create the jobs that allow others to stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration