U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:39 AM

3,951 posts, read 3,584,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If you did'nt know it, Edu983 is a redneck Okie. Uless he's Hispanic on OK, and
doesn't claim to be a patriotic American.
I have no idea what a redneck Okie is.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:42 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,209,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I have no idea what a redneck Okie is.
Oklahoma.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:52 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,952,618 times
There's enough NEW $%^& coming up on illegals every day without dredging up "news" that's 3 years old - Can we get real ?

Old 07-18-2010, 12:58 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,516 times
A lot of them come here willingly, having been promised jobs as waitresses, or hotel maids. Once they get here, they're forced into prostitution. I'd give the underage girls a break, and send them home to their familes. The adult women should be prosecuted though, because even if they were promised a job, they know they're crossing the border illegally, and should know better than to move to a foreign country on the word of a stranger.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:15 AM

684 posts, read 1,255,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You do realize that some of the cities you named have nothing to do with Latin culture or the Hispanic background right? They are named like that because of LATIN language, the language that all of the romantic languages are rooted in and even English has roots in Latin. For instance, "Carolina," it was named that because the latin word for Charles is "Carolus." Hence, the name "Carolina.

The USA is a Hispanic country? That is the dumbest thing you could say. The USA is a country made up of A LOT of different backgrounds and cultures, from English to French. What are your motives for saying something like that? What kind of sense are you trying to make with what you are saying about "you people" refering to other Americans as Hispanic? I'm black, other people are white, other people are Asian, since when could we not refer to someone as Hispanic?
the USA is formed by the former colonies of Britain, Spain, and France.

The USA is Anglo+Hispanic+French mainly due to its history and culture.

Hispanic is not a race.

Hispania is Espana. Hispanic is someone from Europe (Iberian peninsula) or someone from the former Spanish colonies, and that includes many states of the USA, and Puerto Rico.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post

Hispanic is not a race.

Hispania is Espana. Hispanic is someone from Europe or someone from the former Spanish colonies, and that includes many states of the USA, and Puerto Rico.
So, how is it a Hispanic country? You know what you meant. You wrote your post as if the USA was rooted in Hispanic culture which is completely off. Also, you listed all those state and city names as if to say that meant the US is built on Hispanic culture. I think you are just trying to find a way out of looking like you don't know what you are talking about. You just basically said what I told you. LOL

I'm not the one that needs to be taught about what "Hispanic" is. Or to have you tell me what the USA was formed from. Come on now, you're giving me history lessons when you listed Carolina as a reason for why the US is a "Hispanic country?"

Old 07-18-2010, 01:21 AM

Oh, Edu, where is your link saying that Mexican ancestry is the second largest ancestry amongst US residents at this moment? I'm curious. I posted the lastest official list that I saw available.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:11 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,088,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The USA is a hispanic country? There are only a little over 40 million hispanics in this country compared to over 260 million non-hispanics. Do the math!
which means illegas are using far more non-hispanic ho's in Tennesse... by far. Way way far.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:30 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,691,681 times
Why--are they ALL visiting brothels?

This thread is a part of the walking dead. It should be sent back to the crypt where it belongs.

http://www.hamtechtalk.com/photos/zombie-thread.png (broken link)

Last edited by Kele; 07-18-2010 at 08:35 AM..

Old 07-18-2010, 08:33 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post

Hispanic is not a race.

Hispania is Espana. Hispanic is someone from Europe (Iberian peninsula) or someone from the former Spanish colonies, and that includes many states of the USA, and Puerto Rico.
Did anyone say that Hispanic is a race? No, they didn't. Hispanic is a culture and it is only practiced in larger numbers in the southwest not the entire nation. Our nation in identity is not of the Hispanic culture and our language is not Spanish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or