Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:17 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Maybe a single male that is employed with a tax id. Everyone else is either bilking the govt by getting paid under the table or has children getting free meals and a free education and medical. Once you factor those in it's impossible NOT to see how the US tax payers are getting fleeced.

Once you include the fact that most Illegals paying taxes have committed id theft the laundry list of broken laws starts to grow.
Exactly, a single male maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 03:50 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
FAIR does not have an excellent reputation for anything other than furthering their agenda.

The nature of the data makes it likely to be incomplete. At this point I don't trust any of the statistics on the cost or benefits of undocumented migrants because it's unreliable.
I lived in an area with a high concentration of illegal immigrants and worked in a school with a high concentration of illegal immigrants. The illegals were a drain on the school system. I would always worry that I would get RIFFed because the school struggled with finances due to the lack of tax dollars coming in. A good portion of my students' parents would refuse to apply for free lunch or bring lunch money to school. My school owed thousands in unpaid lunches because it is law that schools have to feed everyone. Eventually the principal decided to deny access to report cards if the students owed lunch money. I had one student who owed over $100.00 in unpaid lunches. This was also a major problem in other classrooms. Many teachers had to buy supplies for their students because the parents thought that supplies should be free.

The unemployment rate of this area is the highest in the country. I have actually met Americans who have been out of work for three years because the illegals in this town take the jobs. One town in this county had a pre-recession unemployment rate of 20%. The town I lived in had a pre-recession unemployment rate of 12%.

When I lived in this area, my doctor told me that illegals would bring Third World diseases into this country. He said that wooping cough, measles, and mumps were common. This area was the first in the country to see swine flu cases.

My friend got her $400 bike stolen. You couldn't leave anything outside late at night without worrying about the item getting stolen. I have known people who have had grills, motorcycles, campers, and RVs stolen. I knew a single mom who had her car stolen.

I think anyone who doesn't think that illegals put a drain on this country needs to go live in a bordertown for awhile.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:20 AM

341 posts, read 678,935 times
The Benefits of Illegal Immigration: Taxes, Consumption, and Labor Dynamism (http://americanaffairs.suite101.com/article.cfm/illegal_immigration_by_the_numbers_part_2 - broken link)

As evidenced in the article above, illegal immigration has had an overall positive effect on the American economy.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:28 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
I say send them back to their home land and then we'll see. I would wager it would be to America's economic benefit. There are too many studies that have proved illegal immigration a detriment to this Country far out weighing a "positive" article here and there.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:36 AM

8,626 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
The Benefits of Illegal Immigration: Taxes, Consumption, and Labor Dynamism (http://americanaffairs.suite101.com/article.cfm/illegal_immigration_by_the_numbers_part_2 - broken link)

As evidenced in the article above, illegal immigration has had an overall positive effect on the American economy.
Did you even bother reading the entire article? Here, let me help you:

Quote:
A previous article laid out the ambiguities plaguing the debate over illegal immigration, as each side fields numbers that bolster their side and not the other. This article shows that there are indeed benefits from illegal immigration, but the question of whether they outweigh the costs remains.

Read more at Suite101: The Benefits of Illegal Immigration: Taxes, Consumption, and Labor Dynamism The Benefits of Illegal Immigration: Taxes, Consumption, and Labor Dynamism (http://americanaffairs.suite101.com/pages/article.cfm/illegal_immigration_by_the_numbers_part_2#articleC ommentForm#ixzz0pcG4LjpB - broken link)

Old 06-01-2010, 10:59 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Quote:

Here's just ONE State:

YouTube - True Cost of Illegal Immigration

Old 06-01-2010, 11:36 AM

492 posts, read 1,149,929 times
Quote:
Actually, most statistics show that the average undocumented immigrant pays more in taxes than than he or she uses in services.
I agree with you and so do most of the elite economists. Former Federal Reserve Chairman A. Greenspan reiterated and reinforced the fact that the undocumented have always been a net gain to the economy.
Most cities with little or no undocumented such as Detroit, Philadelphia and St Louis and compare them to Houston or Dallas where there are more than a million undocumented living in each city. Who is doing better?
The vast number of the undocumented come here to work and they do work hard. They work for less but create wealth for everyone. If it wasn't for them houses here in Houston would cost triple or more. (If we had to pay whitetrash workers who would of course demand higher wages, vacation, workers comp. unions etc, etc. With the money the undocumented have save me with the cost of my house I was able to buy new cars and took several trips to Europe. Now that's wealth creation.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:57 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
I agree with you and so do most of the elite economists. Former Federal Reserve Chairman A. Greenspan reiterated and reinforced the fact that the undocumented have always been a net gain to the economy.
Most cities with little or no undocumented such as Detroit, Philadelphia and St Louis and compare them to Houston or Dallas where there are more than a million undocumented living in each city. Who is doing better?
The vast number of the undocumented come here to work and they do work hard. They work for less but create wealth for everyone. If it wasn't for them houses here in Houston would cost triple or more. (If we had to pay whitetrash workers who would of course demand higher wages, vacation, workers comp. unions etc, etc. With the money the undocumented have save me with the cost of my house I was able to buy new cars and took several trips to Europe. Now that's wealth creation.
First off, what the hell is an undocumented? As for illegal aliens they have no right to come here to work without the necessary papers. It is utter BS that illegals have kept costs down. It is the employers who are pocketing the extra profit from cheap, illegal labor and the taxpayer who is having to subsidize their social costs. Get your facts straight.

Whitetrash workers? Wow! So all whites are trash, hey? No racist statement there, right? There are black Americans out there needing a job also but I am sure you don't give a damn about them either.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:01 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:

How can anything with the word "illegal" in it be a benefit to any society?
All I care about is the rule of law bottom line and you have no viable argument against that, do you?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:04 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
This guy is the proof why they want to keep the illegal immigrants...so you can take a trip to Europe. Talk about selfish and unpatriotic. Shame on you, cjester. Shame! Shame! Shame!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration