U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 05:16 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,178,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I also assume they didn't pay CASH for that house, nice that illegals can get loans for martgages.
They either bought a run-down house in the worst section of OKC with cash, or Bank of America lent them a mortgage.

Bank of America is known to give out money to illegals. I closed my BOA account as soon as I learned that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 05:23 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
As much as i am sure there are more families as his, I cannot help, not feeling sorry, why aren't their gripes with their own Government, why don't the Mexican people make a stance in their own HOEMLAND, you know why, such a corrupt Government, and they don't think, before the murdering of someone, who gets in their way, or starts trouble for them. I have friends who live there, do you know the murders that do happen their, that we do not here about, and almost everyday. Graves of those who have been murdered. The mexican People need to do something about their Corrupt Government, what i don't know, but we cannot have so many illegals crossing our borders, illegally, it is just not right, we could not do this in any other Country, but the good old USA.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:07 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Why is not some of their work and energy spent on attempting to make Mexico a better place to live?
Because it's too easy to come to the USA and demand a nice living be handed to them.

Why stay and build their own country when the USA has welfare handouts?

It's also a lie that they can't have their better life in their own country because they can but in order to have a middle class lifestyle in Mexico, one must finish school, delay the start of a family until that and some job skills are obtained and limit family size -- in other words, it requires some personal responsibility to make it in Mexico. The USA has food stamps, free health care, WIC, free school lunches, free government housing. And it's all so very easy to get.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:13 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Also why don't the young men of this article join their own country's military and fight for it's freedom? Why don't they work to improve things for all their countrymen? That's what American men and women do.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:39 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times
Everyone wants America, NOW. We've done all the hard work, stayed up the late hours, first to send to the moon, best military, etc. And they call us lazy.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:46 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,657,730 times
How have Mennonites in Mexico done well. If they can make it so can other Mexicans.

YouTube - Menonitas de Chihuahua, Mex

Mennonites in Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-31-2010, 06:49 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
They either bought a run-down house in the worst section of OKC with cash, or Bank of America lent them a mortgage.

Bank of America is known to give out money to illegals. I closed my BOA account as soon as I learned that.
Don't forget that it was the Federal Reserve that URGED these financial institutions to give loans to the "untapped niche market" of illegals.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:06 PM

358 posts, read 332,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
ALL the right things - like his son driving without a valid license (and only caught for that because he was SPEEDING), like his wife working on a bogus SS card (poor thing, paid into SS and will never be able to collect? - give me strength) like his jiob at a construction firm where I assume he also used a fake SS card.

Hopefully that means TWO jobs freed up for legal citizens or residents, but what's the bet they just hire yet more illegals?

Yet somehow these poverty stricken illegals managed to find $50k to pay a ransom for the sister?

This country is seriously broken.
Here is the thing about that.. .him and his wife can get all the social security money back, the only way is if they self deport or are deported (otherwise the fed's will deport them) their employers can also get that money back, as long as they did not know they hired illegal immigrants. Was this story supposed to jerk on my heartstrings? am I supposed to feel bad about them breaking the law like millions of their countrymen do every year? suppressing wages, commit crimes, take away jobs, use safety nets that are taxpayer funded? I am so tired of the sob stories, for those of you old enough I am sure you remember similar stories in the 80's when the IRCA was passed... look how much good it did us...

Old 05-31-2010, 08:09 PM

358 posts, read 332,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Because it's too easy to come to the USA and demand a nice living be handed to them.

Why stay and build their own country when the USA has welfare handouts?

It's also a lie that they can't have their better life in their own country because they can but in order to have a middle class lifestyle in Mexico, one must finish school, delay the start of a family until that and some job skills are obtained and limit family size -- in other words, it requires some personal responsibility to make it in Mexico. The USA has food stamps, free health care, WIC, free school lunches, free government housing. And it's all so very easy to get.
Don't forget free medical, cash aid, more rights than they have in the homeland...

Old 05-31-2010, 08:28 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
Here is the thing about that.. .him and his wife can get all the social security money back, the only way is if they self deport or are deported (otherwise the fed's will deport them) their employers can also get that money back, as long as they did not know they hired illegal immigrants. Was this story supposed to jerk on my heartstrings? am I supposed to feel bad about them breaking the law like millions of their countrymen do every year? suppressing wages, commit crimes, take away jobs, use safety nets that are taxpayer funded? I am so tired of the sob stories, for those of you old enough I am sure you remember similar stories in the 80's when the IRCA was passed... look how much good it did us...
I also (along with many many others) are tired of these stories that are designed to make THEM the victims of a choice THEY made knowingly and willingly.

Enough already - where are the stories of those here legally, citizens and legal immigrants, who have had our rights edroded and usurped by these illegal interlopers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or