U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 AM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times

Advertisements

Fremont teen and mother face deportation to Russia - SignOnSanDiego.com

In the service people relocate all over the World and they get by fine even without knowing the language of the Country they might be living in. In most cases they pick up the local language by being immersed into it.

I keep reading that the kids don't speak whatever language the language is in the home Country. Well, most Illegals (and many legals) that come here don't know English until at some point they learn it. How do they communicate with the child until that phase of many years is over? Sign language? Sorry, I am not buying into this sob story. I'm betting she taught Russian to the child and it is still spoken in her household. It sounds like it is her last card to play before deportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 09:20 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,320 times
I find the article misleading. She's not being forced to leave her daughters behind. She has the option of taking them with her.

Apparently she's one of those who didn't think it important to apply for citizenship, but thought she could slip by with just being married.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:09 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I find the article misleading. She's not being forced to leave her daughters behind. She has the option of taking them with her.

Apparently she's one of those who didn't think it important to apply for citizenship, but thought she could slip by with just being married.
True. And where is the boy's dad? Most likely back in Russia so there's a good chance that by this family returning home that he can reunite with his father and other relatives back home.

Family unity ONLY matters if the family can use it to all make it to the USA. All the millions of illegals who have left children behind in their homelands don't count until it comes to bringing their long-lost children to the USA. Children taken from biological parents and other relatives to the USA don't count either.

The open borders crowd will never celebrate when a father returns home to his wife and children, the only thing that matters is bringing the whole bunch of them to the USA whether or not the low income can support the family - there's welfare handouts for that of course.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:11 AM

And notice - this Russian student here illegally is another honor's student. They can never find an illegal here attending schools at taxpayer expense who belongs to a gang or has dropped out - even though illegals have higher drop out rates. They mysteriously can only find all honors students. Just those students who have straight As and now will demand their free college provided by the taxpayers.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:45 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,950,538 times
Not a lot of details in the article (as usual) - "overstayed her marriage visa", what does that mean exactly? She came here legally on a spousal or fiancee visa but never completed the conditions to become a LPR? Or what? What happened to the husband she presumably came here to marry?

Wouldn't she/they be able to apply to adjust staus?

Old 05-31-2010, 03:15 PM

3,674 posts, read 5,853,934 times
If the boy came here at 3, he spoke Russian first. I can't imagine that he forgot it all.

Sounds like the couple got divorced. I think that would kill the marriage visa if she did not apply for citizenship for herself and her son during the marriage.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:35 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,950,538 times
Divorce doesn't negate a marriage visa, so long as the marriage was "in good faith", but it sounds like they never proceeded with the correct requirements for her to be a legal permanent resident.

As I said, it's hard to tell when these articles give such scanty information, easier to slant the article to be "the poor illegal" that way.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:00 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,786 times
What a lack of details.

However if they decided the family has no legal basis to stay, then that's that.

People need to do the work to remain legal citizens. You're not a citizen just because you landed on American soil.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:01 PM

Well - it's just like the girl in the Michelle Obama question. It turns out her parents were more than glad to leave her sister of only 2 years of age behind in Peru. No problem abandoning the child in the old country. Imagine dumping a 2 year old baby just to get the big money.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:38 PM

526 posts, read 412,388 times
My grandparents immigrated to this country legally from Italy. They left EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY behind to come here. They didn't complain because they had to "leave" their parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, etc behind. They came here of their own free choice. They never looked back and never went back. In one generation my family became American. But now, there is absolutely no incentive to become American. Just come here and reap all the benefits, and all the while we are the ones that need to change and accomodate them.

How can someone come here of their own free will and then complain that their family is torn apart????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration