U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,083,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
It should be taken more seriously then. Border security needs to start doing a better job. Like I said, right across the border from El Paso, is Ciudad Juarez the 2nd deadliest city in the world right now...

In my opinion we need about 100k Border Patrol agents backed by US Troops all along our Southern and Northern border. Along with this there should be massive fines and/or jail time for anyone caught hiring them.

But I agree, the drug war is dragging the US side of the border into it and it's only going to get worse. They just found a well in Mexico that had 25 bodies in it stashed over time from drug deals gone bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 03:26 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,302,180 times
Let me make myself perfectly clear then, No i am not ok with anyone being in Our Country by illegal means period, NOT ALLRIGHT WITH IT, if you are in this Country illegally, we do not want you here, by legal means is a different story, but most of us know better with what illegals want don't we! Try doing what they do here in their Country, if you live to tell about it, good for you, Such a corrupt Government they have, and the things we do not here that go on down there, i do, because i know People who live there, it is not easy being a legal Citizen living there, i understand illegal immigrants wanting a better life, but come on now, if you have gripes, take them up with your own Country, your own Government. I guess they cannot let their voices be heard there can they! Again, i have said over and over many times, what is not to understand, don't want you in Our Country, if it is by illegal means. Something clearly needs to be done about this issue, all around the board, every State, should be in agreement on this pesky, expensive, corrupt issue.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:36 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,200,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Let me make myself perfectly clear then, No i am not ok with anyone being in Our Country by illegal means period, NOT ALLRIGHT WITH IT, if you are in this Country illegally, we do not want you here, by legal means is a different story, but most of us know better with what illegals want don't we! Try doing what they do here in their Country, if you live to tell about it, good for you, Such a corrupt Government they have, and the things we do not here that go on down there, i do, because i know People who live there, it is not easy being a legal Citizen living there, i understand illegal immigrants wanting a better life, but come on now, if you have gripes, take them up with your own Country, your own Government. I guess they cannot let their voices be heard there can they! Again, i have said over and over many times, what is not to understand, don't want you in Our Country, if it is by illegal means. Something clearly needs to be done about this issue, all around the board, every State, should be in agreement on this pesky, expensive, corrupt issue.
Yeah well I'm not really trying to point fingers, but your state has a lot of work to do in this category. More than Texas, and definitely more than Arizona.

Texas is still in moderate zones about this issue overall, Rick Perry (our governor) has done little about it. The next Governor will take this more seriously though. Border security over the years has gotten more strict here in Texas, but not all that it can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
In my opinion we need about 100k Border Patrol agents backed by US Troops all along our Southern and Northern border. Along with this there should be massive fines and/or jail time for anyone caught hiring them.

But I agree, the drug war is dragging the US side of the border into it and it's only going to get worse. They just found a well in Mexico that had 25 bodies in it stashed over time from drug deals gone bad.
That's harsh, 25 dead bodies in a well. Imagine going to the local store, getting abducted and killed and having your body dumped in the well, I can imagine how terrible families must feel there.
That's why I don't want any of that here in Texas. I mean if you read my first post, it's not cool murdering someone in a country your not legally here in, and then when you are sentenced by the state, you call upon Mexico to try to bail you out. I do not support that kind of mentality.

I'm all for diversity, love the diverse climate in the big cities, but I'm not cool with innocent people being shot for nothing by someone who doesn't belong here. What I mean by doesn't belong, meaning someone who can't respect the laws of this land or it's people. A lot of illegal immigrants really do live safe and happy lives here, I have no complains with that. But a lot at the same time are trouble for the society, a lot of crime in Texas comes from illegals.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:25 PM

12,521 posts, read 22,358,750 times
Quote:
You kind of have to be a legal resident of the USA to have a valid US/State ID.

You have to either be a citizen, or here on a Visa or on Green Card or something to prove you're here legally.
Exactly!

My gf is Fillipina & she's here on a working visa.

Do it legal or go back to where you came from.

She has the same stance on illegal immigration too. Even though she may look Asian she still has a Spanish sounding last name, Garcia. I'm sure she wouldn't mind in the least bit showing here ID to prove she's here legally.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:00 PM

364 posts, read 184,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Exactly!

My gf is Fillipina & she's here on a working visa.

Do it legal or go back to where you came from.

She has the same stance on illegal immigration too. Even though she may look Asian she still has a Spanish sounding last name, Garcia. I'm sure she wouldn't mind in the least bit showing here ID to prove she's here legally.
kudos to your lady
for doin tha right thing

Old 06-01-2010, 07:34 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,302,180 times
Quote:
Yeah well I'm not really trying to point fingers, but your state has a lot of work to do in this category. More than Texas, and definitely more than Arizona.

Texas is still in moderate zones about this issue overall, Rick Perry (our governor) has done little about it. The next Governor will take this more seriously though. Border security over the years has gotten more strict here in Texas, but not all that it can be.

That's harsh, 25 dead bodies in a well. Imagine going to the local store, getting abducted and killed and having your body dumped in the well, I can imagine how terrible families must feel there.
That's why I don't want any of that here in Texas. I mean if you read my first post, it's not cool murdering someone in a country your not legally here in, and then when you are sentenced by the state, you call upon Mexico to try to bail you out. I do not support that kind of mentality.

I'm all for diversity, love the diverse climate in the big cities, but I'm not cool with innocent people being shot for nothing by someone who doesn't belong here. What I mean by doesn't belong, meaning someone who can't respect the laws of this land or it's people. A lot of illegal immigrants really do live safe and happy lives here, I have no complains with that. But a lot at the same time are trouble for the society, a lot of crime in Texas comes from illegals.
And i am the first one to point fingers at my State for being TOTALLY IGNORANT MORONS on the illegal situation that we face. But being here illegally still means that ILLEGAL, where do we pull the plug, it is fine that there are some, that have good intentions, that is great, but along with those that are here for the right reasons, there are just as many, that come across our Borders for the very wrong reasons. I do not think it is acceptable to have it be both ways, so along with all those that want a good and safe life, there are just as many, that come across our borders, to commit crimes, heard last night of the illegal that raped a girl, we do not this crap going on here, we have our own problems in this Country, without illegals adding to them.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:42 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,200,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And i am the first one to point fingers at my State for being TOTALLY IGNORANT MORONS on the illegal situation that we face. But being here illegally still means that ILLEGAL, where do we pull the plug, it is fine that there are some, that have good intentions, that is great, but along with those that are here for the right reasons, there are just as many, that come across our Borders for the very wrong reasons. I do not think it is acceptable to have it be both ways, so along with all those that want a good and safe life, there are just as many, that come across our borders, to commit crimes, heard last night of the illegal that raped a girl, we do not this crap going on here, we have our own problems in this Country, without illegals adding to them.
I understand your frustration, Chicago is the 2nd largest Spanish speaking city in USA only after LA, yes I know it's shocking, right? Most of the gang violence here has started destroying Chicago's reputation, people all across the country think this city is a battle ground now. And most of the members in the gang are illegal immigrants from Mexico. It's drastically hurting Chicago more than Houston for some odd reason.

I live in both cities, and I can see the tension in both when it comes to illegal immigrants.

The city's crime rate is getting lower by the year (Chicago) but it's becoming more violent. There's nearly 430 people slain every year, and a lot by Mexican gangs that have a lot of illegal immigrants in them. Imagine how much that's got to hurt.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 PM

378 posts, read 357,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
FYI, "Latinos" is not the same as "illegals".
Unless you think like Arizona's governor.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:30 PM

378 posts, read 357,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
Why should the illegal immigrants be legalized when the legal immigrants already came here and had to do all these papers to become an American citizens? That doesn't sound fair.
Illegals who are already in this country should NOT be legalized. What they've done is not only CRIMINAL, but it is cheating when there are so many who follow the legal path.

ILLEGALS should be deported.

All this talk about how we need to "help the ones already here become legal citizens" is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:23 PM

2,857 posts, read 5,852,626 times
Quote:
You kind of have to be a legal resident of the USA to have a valid US/State ID.

You have to either be a citizen, or here on a Visa or on Green Card or something to prove you're here legally.
Visas and Green Cards expire. Once you have a valid driver's license, you can renew indefinitely without providing any additional proof of legal status. Many illegals came here legally and overstayed their visas. Many of them have valid driver's licenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or