U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:00 PM

4,023 posts, read 6,264,581 times

Advertisements

Look at that:

Schools: Immigrant families leaving Arizona because of new immigration law

You think latinos from AZ will come to Texas ?

Last edited by Bo; 06-01-2010 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: Moved from the Texas forum. This is a controversial topic that shouldn't be discussed in a state forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 01:22 PM

15,989 posts, read 29,784,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Look at that:

Schools: Immigrant families leaving Arizona because of new immigration law

You think latinos from AZ will come to Texas ?
That or California and New Mexico.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:35 PM

12,521 posts, read 22,337,052 times
Geez I hope not...that's the last thing Texas needs is more illegals.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:51 AM

10,171 posts, read 12,182,445 times
I recently read a book about why California's housing market crashed and I am very astonished. I just shared what I read with my cousin from San Jose, California today, and he confirmed that the state made some really bad choices.

Apparently illegal immigrants working for 25,000-30,000$ a year salary were able to go to loan companies and get loans for homes that cost 750,000$ without having to worry, and when the economy took a large toll and jobs were cut, those people found themselves unable to pay for their home, and loan companies lost a great deal of money.

My cousin told me that California has been changing that in the past year, and that it will become stricter on loans and banking.

That's part of the reason why California was hit very hard. Arizona put forth the immigration law to reduce crime and drug cartels. I hope Texas has plans for that too, because right on the other side of El Paso is the notorious murder capital Ciudad Juraez.

Look, I'm fine with people moving in, but I believe those that want to live here should respect the states laws and should contribute to a healthy environment, not just Mexican illegal immigrants, but Chinese, Indian, Polish, Russian, etc.. all of them.

Everyone here remember the murder of Elizabeth Pena and Jenny Ertman? Two innocent lives lost, and it changed law enforcement in Houston drastically because of how the murder took place. It was one of Houston's most notorious murders and lots of regulations changed after that murder. The gang members went to death row and smiled and stated they had no regrets, that's how sickening it was. I remember hearing that on the radio a two years ago when I was in the car driving to school in the morning. The people said those murderers smiles and laughed in the courtroom and said they never regretted what they did. One of them had regrets but the rest didn't.
Anyways my point is, that murder brought up a lot of controversy, because some member were illegal immigrants who committed and took a role in the murder but when sentenced to death row, they contacted Mexico to get out of it. And this is where I respect Rick Perry immensely for following regulations and ignoring orders from DC and Mexico that day. I mean you can't just kill people, and then expect to get away with it because you're "not a legal resident". That's totally bogus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabe...d_Jenny_Ertman

You can read about it there, read under sentencing, execution and incarceration, it'll tell you about the international controversy.

My whole point is, I think immigrants coming in is cool, as long as they're willing to be a healthy representation to society not a pain like those that murdered the two innocent girls. That's why I don't agree with California's system where "it's just cool to be an illegal immigrant and go about your business", I think they should be given a chance to be legalized citizens, but there should also be an extensive background check first, IMHO. Many illegal immigrants have done great things for our state, and we thank them for that and they should be given the right to become legal residents, however, many have also harmed the innocent here, which is why I think Texas should be strict on background checks. It doesn't have to go as extreme as Arizona, but it shouldn't be as liberal about it as California. There needs to be a middle ground.

If immigrants want to call Texas home, Texas is more than welcome to call you a Texan, but you have to be a positive influence on society/neutral, you can't just go around selling hardcore drugs and shooting people and things like that while you're still an illegal immigrant. It's like why did you come here in the first place then? Haha.

Just my $.02 on this. Lol.

Last edited by DANNYY; 06-01-2010 at 01:12 AM..

Old 06-01-2010, 02:19 AM

4,023 posts, read 6,264,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I recently read a book about why California's housing market crashed and I am very astonished. I just shared what I read with my cousin from San Jose, California today, and he confirmed that the state made some really bad choices.

Apparently illegal immigrants working for 25,000-30,000$ a year salary were able to go to loan companies and get loans for homes that cost 750,000$ without having to worry, and when the economy took a large toll and jobs were cut, those people found themselves unable to pay for their home, and loan companies lost a great deal of money.

My cousin told me that California has been changing that in the past year, and that it will become stricter on loans and banking.

That's part of the reason why California was hit very hard. Arizona put forth the immigration law to reduce crime and drug cartels. I hope Texas has plans for that too, because right on the other side of El Paso is the notorious murder capital Ciudad Juraez.

Look, I'm fine with people moving in, but I believe those that want to live here should respect the states laws and should contribute to a healthy environment, not just Mexican illegal immigrants, but Chinese, Indian, Polish, Russian, etc.. all of them.

Everyone here remember the murder of Elizabeth Pena and Jenny Ertman? Two innocent lives lost, and it changed law enforcement in Houston drastically because of how the murder took place. It was one of Houston's most notorious murders and lots of regulations changed after that murder. The gang members went to death row and smiled and stated they had no regrets, that's how sickening it was. I remember hearing that on the radio a two years ago when I was in the car driving to school in the morning. The people said those murderers smiles and laughed in the courtroom and said they never regretted what they did. One of them had regrets but the rest didn't.
Anyways my point is, that murder brought up a lot of controversy, because some member were illegal immigrants who committed and took a role in the murder but when sentenced to death row, they contacted Mexico to get out of it. And this is where I respect Rick Perry immensely for following regulations and ignoring orders from DC and Mexico that day. I mean you can't just kill people, and then expect to get away with it because you're "not a legal resident". That's totally bogus.

Murder of Jennifer Ertman and Elizabeth Peña - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can read about it there, read under sentencing, execution and incarceration, it'll tell you about the international controversy.

My whole point is, I think immigrants coming in is cool, as long as they're willing to be a healthy representation to society not a pain like those that murdered the two innocent girls. That's why I don't agree with California's system where "it's just cool to be an illegal immigrant and go about your business", I think they should be given a chance to be legalized citizens, but there should also be an extensive background check first, IMHO. Many illegal immigrants have done great things for our state, and we thank them for that and they should be given the right to become legal residents, however, many have also harmed the innocent here, which is why I think Texas should be strict on background checks. It doesn't have to go as extreme as Arizona, but it shouldn't be as liberal about it as California. There needs to be a middle ground.

If immigrants want to call Texas home, Texas is more than welcome to call you a Texan, but you have to be a positive influence on society/neutral, you can't just go around selling hardcore drugs and shooting people and things like that while you're still an illegal immigrant. It's like why did you come here in the first place then? Haha.

Just my $.02 on this. Lol.
I'm agree

Old 06-01-2010, 04:01 AM

14,806 posts, read 18,805,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Geez I hope not...that's the last thing Texas needs is more illegals.
FYI, "Latinos" is not the same as "illegals".
Unless you think like Arizona's governor.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:11 AM

5,010 posts, read 12,810,577 times
I hope they do come here.

Pleasant, friendly people typically.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:07 AM

816 posts, read 1,622,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Have you read the details of Arizona Law like everything in there? I'm curious.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:22 AM

12,521 posts, read 22,337,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Are you saying its not ok to check for valid US ID's? I have to provide it all the time at the airport, bank, store, etc. "Latino's" should be no different.

Its not about skin color or how you look like, its about keeping this country safe from crime & disease.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:44 AM

76 posts, read 70,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Are you saying its not ok to check for valid US ID's? I have to provide it all the time at the airport, bank, store, etc. "Latino's" should be no different.

Its not about skin color or how you look like, its about keeping this country safe from crime & disease.
I agreed. I've been showing my ID or Passport to identify myself whether I am in the country or in another country. Does not matter who are these illegals or any other ethnic they have to follow the trend.

The article is a completely trying to manipulate the issue. It tries to made people think, AZ is causing national issue or bring trouble to neighbor states. NO and NO. HELLO, AZ is trying to fix its problem and National problem if you will. The If the Hispanic spills over to CA, Texas or other state, it's other state issue for not apply the given law or solve the border.

Last edited by ph0ngvu; 06-01-2010 at 11:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or