Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 07:42 PM

515 posts, read 716,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
From the article:

While Daisy has automatic U.S. citizenship and lives full time with her parents, her 9-year-old sister, July, has not been so lucky. July was left behind with her grandparents when her parents moved to the United States to escape poverty.

The two sisters met for the first time last year when Daisy spent a month visiting her grandparents in the working-class San Juan de Lurigancho district of Lima.

But July misses her parents, who are unlikely to visit Peru because of their illegal status in the U.S.

July has only seen them in photographs and in video chats with a webcam.

"She cries," Juica said.

What pathetic people would do this? Never see their other daughter - because they can't use her for food stamps or for staying illegally in the USA.

The abandoned daughter is the only sympathetic figure in this whole case.
You are absolutely right! What contemptible parents!

How many more of the criminal invaders are heartless opportunists?

And we are supposed to be swayed by all the sob stories of parents being "wrenched" from their anchor babies when these child abandoning monsters are finally deported?
Not me!

And of course Calderone and other Central and South American "leaders" are encouraging the criminal invaders...for the money.

Exactly how many millions of our dollars are flowing back to those countries each month?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 07:58 PM

378 posts, read 424,390 times
Quote:
From the article:

While Daisy has automatic U.S. citizenship and lives full time with her parents, her 9-year-old sister, July, has not been so lucky. July was left behind with her grandparents when her parents moved to the United States to escape poverty.

The two sisters met for the first time last year when Daisy spent a month visiting her grandparents in the working-class San Juan de Lurigancho district of Lima.

But July misses her parents, who are unlikely to visit Peru because of their illegal status in the U.S.

"She cries," Juica said.

What pathetic people would do this? Never see their other daughter - because they can't use her for food stamps or for staying illegally in the USA.

How long until you think she will be over here, too?? Probably with the help of our government.

These kinds of people are despicable.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:59 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,988,654 times
I live in San Diego. If some of you posters in other parts think it's bad there, come down here.

I hate the fact that I have to wait in the Emergency Room when I have a large laceration from a dog bite because an illegal has a cold and doesn't have insurance!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
I live in San Diego. If some of you posters in other parts think it's bad there, come down here.

I hate the fact that I have to wait in the Emergency Room when I have a large laceration from a dog bite because an illegal has a cold and doesn't have insurance!
Many times, I've asked illegal alien supporters how supportive they'd be if their child had to go to the ER and WAIT IN LINE behind illegals . . .

Old 05-31-2010, 08:26 PM

358 posts, read 394,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
You are absolutely right! What contemptible parents!

How many more of the criminal invaders are heartless opportunists?

And we are supposed to be swayed by all the sob stories of parents being "wrenched" from their anchor babies when these child abandoning monsters are finally deported?
Not me!

And of course Calderone and other Central and South American "leaders" are encouraging the criminal invaders...for the money.

Exactly how many millions of our dollars are flowing back to those countries each month?

well.. at last count it was about 28 billion U.S. dollars per year for Mexico in remittance payments, you are off in the millions part. It's billions per month counting all the south american countries. Really really sad... alot of money that could be spent here to bolster the economy.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:33 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,980 times
Disgusting parasites who abandoned their first born to "escape poverty", but no doubt if they were detained for deportation we'd have yet another story of how our laws were "ripping families apart". Please, enough already, when will the govt agencies and elected officials of OUR country start protecting OUR rights?

Old 05-31-2010, 10:17 PM

I want to add some things to this discussion . . .

From the article, this jumped out:

"I'm really proud that a young girl of Peruvian origin is highlighting the enormous problem with Latin American immigration in the United States," President Alan Garcia told reporters last week.

He said it would be scandalous if her parents were deported.

"Do you know how much President Obama and Mrs. Michelle Obama would stand to lose?" he said. Garcia called the Arizona law a "completely irrational response" to the illegal-immigration question, and said he would express his thoughts on the matter to President Obama during his visit to Washington.

(1) He refers to the enormous PROBLEM with Latin American immigration - but he is NOT referring to it as being ILLEGAL, eh?

Our government, once again, is openly DEFYING the law.

(2) But the line I have bold highlighted is what jumped out most:

Doesn't that sound like BLACKMAIL??

Doesn't that sound like a THREAT??

Just WHAT is he suggesting would happen if they are deported?

If the POTUS had any . . . uh, COURAGE, he would deport them immediately because (1) IT IS THE LAW and (2) just to see what this Peruvian jerk would do about it!

To everyone reading this, think about it: Say you have a friend who broke a law and could/should be punished in some way for it by authorities, and YOU decided to write or call the White House and say: "do you know how much President Obama would stand to lose if he enforces this law and punishes this person?"

WHAT do you suppose might happen? I think you might get a knock on the door from some form of law enforcement authority, to interrogate you about making a threat.

(3) And then this guys says he will "express his thoughts on the matter" during his visit to Washington.

Oh, so yet another leader from a foreign nation is going to come into our country and rake the government over the coals for our laws (that aren't even being enforced!) . . . huh.

WHAT IS HAPPENING IN AMERICA????!!!!

(4) Seems to me, there ought to be some way that we legal citizens could file some kind of class action lawsuit against ICE, Obama and whoever else for violating OUR rights by not enforcing the law.

(5) And JUST by virtue of the government OPENLY NOT enforcing the law by refusing to deport JUST THIS ONE case of illegals . . . doesn't that give ANYONE the right to claim discrimination if they are punished by the law for committing any kind of crime?

And then where does it end? It would be anarchy.

It's a case of "if you are going to enforce one law, you have to enforce ALL laws, and if you don't enforce one, then you CAN'T enforce ANY."

Wow, what a tangled web they are weaving . . .

Old 05-31-2010, 10:42 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,622 times
Yea, I had a weird feeling about his comment on what the President and First Lady had "to lose." For these countries that can't even take care of their own nationals to continue to come here and tell us about our country or to make comments like this is ridiculous. It also makes you question their view on our illegal immigration situation. Are they trying to take advantage of us? We already know the answer to that though, yea, they are and their comments show it. Is he saying that the President and The White House will lose support? Votes? Seriously, the media, the administration and The President need to stop putting so much emphasis on the illegal immigrant vote and opinion. Yea, that is asking a lot because millions of them are here, but if all the "Oh, we need their vote" attitude was eliminated, no one would really be so concerned with pleasing them. Basically, the politicians who are trying to gain their trust need to be stopped in their path as they try to use illegal immigrants for their power and position.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:55 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,705,960 times
Quote:
From the article:

"She cries," Juica said.

I wonder how long it will be before the abandoned daughter is given fast pass access to legal immigration?

Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
The worst thing about that whole story is that the parents left their older daughter behind in Peru. I don't think good parents would do that. Since the mother was already pregnant when they were in the US one might think they planned the whole thing, knowing their daughter would be a US citizen when born in the US.
I think the daughter should be allowed to stay in the US and when she turns 18, her parents should have to return to Peru, which by the way is not all that poor a country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration