U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 05:52 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You are correct that feelings\ opinions vary quite a bit within both the Republican and Democratic parties. Personally, I am glad that the National Guard are deployed on the border. The uncontrolled flow has to stop. Both parties seem to agree about that. The issue is the Arizona law that may be a violation of constitutional rights. If Arizona would drop the law all the boycotts would end and the nation would expect the federal government to take control of the situation [not Arizona].
Yeah, not like they are currently doing such a good job at it or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 11:42 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
If Arizona would drop the law all the boycotts would end and the nation would expect the federal government to take control of the situation [not Arizona].
Yes, because that has been working so well up until they wrote the law in AZ. Duh! Hasn't 'the nation' been expecting the feds to do their job in keeping illegals out of our country? What a farce.

AZ is not going to drop the law - they are going to reap billions in money saved by purging their state of illegals - these pathetic "boycotts" are not going to have the effect that the hispandering ethnocentric tribalists are hoping for. And poll after poll, the evidence is that the majority of Americans are FOR the AZ law, and AGAINST boycotts of AZ.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 PM

125 posts, read 180,825 times
I just heard on Fox news that the California legislature just voted to boycott Arizona over the immigration law that they,(Arizona) passed.
Well Arizona sells California electricity and by law they cannot refuse to sell the electricity to California, but they can set the price.
I think if Caliweirdo wants to boycott Arizonia's immigration law, they,(Arizonia) should charge Caliwierdo $1,000,000 a kilowatt for it and see how long all of those ILLEGAL ( put in caps as some do not understand the meaning) aliens enjoy swealtering in the heat.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:18 PM

2,731 posts, read 5,938,044 times
The thing i really like about the law,isnt the actual law its the fact that..
Other states are now pushing laws concerning immigration.
My state needs to get on board.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:19 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,685,960 times
Let's hope they start putting their money and their votes where there mouths are! Otherwise, I think free transportation should be provided from Arizona to the public Malibu Beaches in front of all those Hollywood Homes, where tents can be put up for the Illegals that the Hollywood Set are so prone to defend. Second stop - Sacramento!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:08 PM

1,150 posts, read 991,320 times
It's amazing the poll got as high a number as it did in support of the law, considering it was taken by the Los Angeles Times, and the University of Southern California, both very liberal.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:07 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,138,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmud123 View Post
I just heard on Fox news that the California legislature just voted to boycott Arizona over the immigration law that they,(Arizona) passed.
Well Arizona sells California electricity and by law they cannot refuse to sell the electricity to California, but they can set the price.
I think if Caliweirdo wants to boycott Arizonia's immigration law, they,(Arizonia) should charge Caliwierdo $1,000,000 a kilowatt for it and see how long all of those ILLEGAL ( put in caps as some do not understand the meaning) aliens enjoy swealtering in the heat.
I am not sure I would want them to put hospitals at risk, but I agree with you that AZ should raise the price to the roof for our electricity. We do have to make up for the boycotts and income lost to AZ. Right? Great post.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:08 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,138,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
Let's hope they start putting their money and their votes where there mouths are! Otherwise, I think free transportation should be provided from Arizona to the public Malibu Beaches in front of all those Hollywood Homes, where tents can be put up for the Illegals that the Hollywood Set are so prone to defend. Second stop - Sacramento!
My wish would be for Tom Hanks to go out to get his morning paper and step in a pile of poop and look upon the sight of those campers on his lawn.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:53 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,889,300 times
Hey, that's interesting that some of the Californians who came to AZ were left-wing too. I knew that many right-wing Arizonans came (partly because they were fed up with California)

I do think that in a fiscal sense, Arizona would be better off if it had passed less contentious or less contestable anti-illegal immigration legislation or at least legislation that had been well-designed to the start (the last-minute changes that were made after the bill was announced told me that the Arizona government members did not give proper preparation to the bill). For instance there's a thread about Massachusetts passing anti-illegal legislation, and I don't see a lot of controversy in the media about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
That is not entirely true as there are more people who come from California who "ride the middle". One of the reasons Arizona almost became a blue state this past election is because of the many California transplants who are not all conservative. Phoenix came close, while both Tucson and Flagstaff are generally considered left-leaning. If McCain had not been from AZ and had not run for president, AZ most likely would've become a blue state. In addition, "Texas conservative" is much different from "Arizona conservative" as Arizona is more of a fiscally conservative state with a live-and-let-live environment. The issue with illegal immigration in AZ has more to do with common sense (reducing crime, tired of flipping the bills for illegals, securing the borders) rather than being a state that doesn't encourage any types of immigrants (legal that is).

Old 06-02-2010, 09:05 PM

17,850 posts, read 19,599,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Poll: California voters favor Arizona law Don Surber (http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/14974 - broken link)

Amazing really, considering California is taking the brunt of the infiltration of illegals and all they do to destroy a state.
Not so amazing really. As long as the "Governator" gives his tacit approval for the political sub-divisions of his state to wage economic warfare against another state by doing nothing to quash this stupidity, then the entire state of California must suffer the brunt of his inaction. What the people want is irrelevant. It is what the State does, or fails to do, that matters.

California may have the economic clout to harm Arizona, but I can assure you the nation will make a much bigger economic dent on California. I, for one, will not be spending well over $1,000/year in California on fruits, vegetables, TV, movies, or wine. I have recently learned that Arizona's Verde Valley makes decent wine, so I will give it a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration