U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 02:20 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,946,342 times

Advertisements

If any of you are catholics out there and disagree with the church's stance on immigration, just stop donating to their cause. The church is already providing transportation, organization for the demonstrations, all at taxpayer expense due to their tax-exempt status. There are plenty of other worthwhile organizations to donate to. The American Cancer Society comes to mind, but don't donate to an organization that is taking resources away from the american citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 02:29 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
If any of you are catholics out there and disagree with the church's stance on immigration, just stop donating to their cause. The church is already providing transportation, organization for the demonstrations, all at taxpayer expense due to their tax-exempt status. There are plenty of other worthwhile organizations to donate to. The American Cancer Society comes to mind, but don't donate to an organization that is taking resources away from the american citizens.
Why not donate to a worthy anti-illegal immigration organization such as Numbers USA, U.S. Border Patrol or Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee (ALIPAC)?

Old 06-16-2007, 02:32 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,946,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Why not donate to a worthy anti-illegal immigration organization such as Numbers USA, U.S. Border Patrol or Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee (ALIPAC)?
Good idea.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:41 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,004,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Good idea.

+1

Old 06-16-2007, 04:57 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,376,904 times
Frankly I wouldn't donate money to any organization who has done so much to shield pedophiles AND give them more victims...

Old 06-16-2007, 06:11 PM

Personally, I think they should lose their tax exempt status for doing all this.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:19 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,541,977 times
Being a Catholic myself I'm pretty much distanced myself from the Catholic church because of such things.

The church I did attend has special services just for the immigrants, who I know don't donate much. I stopped attended because of the "special treatment" they got.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:04 AM

2,267 posts, read 2,376,904 times
I have been seeing on the news that churches are even giving illegal immigrants shelter in order to keep them from being deported...in the mistaken idea that a church constitutes sancuary...thinking immigration officials will not come in the church and drag these people away.

I am not aware if this is only Catholic churches though.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I have been seeing on the news that churches are even giving illegal immigrants shelter in order to keep them from being deported...in the mistaken idea that a church constitutes sancuary...thinking immigration officials will not come in the church and drag these people away.

I am not aware if this is only Catholic churches though.

ICE won't go into a church and drag these criminals out. The Bush Administration won't let them. So even if it's not a legal sanctuary, it's a defacto one. Look at Elvira Arellano, she's still hiding in that Chicago church declaring herself a community activist. Well, I guess hiding is the wrong word, she isn't hiding at all, everyone knows where she is. When in reality she's a criminal, she was already deported once. She then sneaked back in three days later. She was caught during a sweep of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago. She has now been convicted of using a false social security card. But instead of deported her immediately, she was given four one year extensions to stay because of her anchor baby. I guess that was dumb. They should have tossed her out when they had her in court.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:27 AM

185 posts, read 319,512 times
I have a bunch of these at home and stuff them in solicitaions that come through the mail from churches, B of A, etc.

http://www.firecoalition.com/docs/Wo...ly%2020052.pdf

Trt it, very fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or