U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 AM
 
Location: Phoenix,Arizona
3,890 posts, read 4,583,869 times
Reputation: 3890

Advertisements

Wow LA County and the people they represent must
have nothing better to do and with all that time and money
I think I'll chip in a few bus fares and some fuel costs
to ensure that their new residents make it to the promised
land rather quickly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2010, 02:22 AM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 7,930,259 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I was thinking about not buying products that are "Made In" or "Distrbuted By" California.
Better turn your television off and not go to movies anymore. Also better not buy fruits and vegetables, wine, cheese, almonds and just about every kind of nut [the list of products that come out of California makes Arizona look like a 3rd world country]. Remember just the state of California is the 8th largest economy in the world. Don't even ask where Arizona stands on that list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 02:56 AM
 
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
17,850 posts, read 19,768,832 times
Reputation: 6480
Looks like my wine will be coming from Arizona's Verde Valley instead of California's Napa Valley. By refusing to end this moronic economic warfare against another State, the "Governator" is giving his tacit approval, and that is going to hurt California economically on a national level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 06:43 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,738,072 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I was thinking about not buying products that are "Made In" or "Distrbuted By" California.
This is not all of California. This is L.A. county--home of the sanctuary city of Lost Angeles.

Don't tar and feather all Californians with the same brush. There are millions of people in the state who are actively fighting against illegal immigration and trying to dump these idiots out of office.

Escondido, California went on record as saying that they support Arizona (with one council person voting otherwise) and Costa Mesa is a rule of law city which doesn't tolerate illegal aliens. The Los Angeles Country Sheriff's Department works WITH ICE and has no problem arresting people simply for being in the country illegally.

Before you all jump on the entirety of California, you should remember that these idiots are acting AGAINST the majority of their constituency and I expect that the ballot box will reflect that in the fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 06:44 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,738,072 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Better turn your television off and not go to movies anymore. Also better not buy fruits and vegetables, wine, cheese, almonds and just about every kind of nut [the list of products that come out of California makes Arizona look like a 3rd world country]. Remember just the state of California is the 8th largest economy in the world. Don't even ask where Arizona stands on that list.
Was.

Now California is merely broke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,388 posts, read 9,262,047 times
Reputation: 10616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
This is not all of California. This is L.A. county--home of the sanctuary city of Lost Angeles.

Don't tar and feather all Californians with the same brush. There are millions of people in the state who are actively fighting against illegal immigration and trying to dump these idiots out of office.

Escondido, California went on record as saying that they support Arizona (with one council person voting otherwise) and Costa Mesa is a rule of law city which doesn't tolerate illegal aliens. The Los Angeles Country Sheriff's Department works WITH ICE and has no problem arresting people simply for being in the country illegally.

Before you all jump on the entirety of California, you should remember that these idiots are acting AGAINST the majority of their constituency and I expect that the ballot box will reflect that in the fall.
Something interesting I found the other day, and wish I could find it again, is that these "sanctuary cities" are actually breaking Federal law. They are "aiding and abetting" illegal immigrants and if citizens can be prosecuted for that why can't cities?

I personally would never blame the people of CA for what their legislators and lawmakers say/do. I have many friends in CA and they have complained for years, just like AZ, that the illegals shouldn't be there. They don't agree with the idiots in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 06:16 PM
 
6,456 posts, read 9,628,924 times
Reputation: 10779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Escondido, California went on record as saying that they support Arizona (with one council person voting otherwise) and Costa Mesa is a rule of law city which doesn't tolerate illegal aliens. The Los Angeles Country Sheriff's Department works WITH ICE and has no problem arresting people simply for being in the country illegally.

Before you all jump on the entirety of California, you should remember that these idiots are acting AGAINST the majority of their constituency and I expect that the ballot box will reflect that in the fall.
The city of Yorba Linda announced today they are drafting a resolution in support AZ SB1070.

[UPDATED:] Yorba Linda Becomes First OC City to Back Arizona's Immigration Law - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

Go Yorba Linda!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, CA
131 posts, read 351,987 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
The city of Yorba Linda announced today they are drafting a resolution in support AZ SB1070.

[UPDATED:] Yorba Linda Becomes First OC City to Back Arizona's Immigration Law - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

Go Yorba Linda!
Orange County!

I expected nothing less from LA county, where it seems like a majority of people speak spanish nowadays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 07:26 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,201,010 times
Reputation: 909
UPDATED!

The Yorba Linda City Council votes 3-0 Tuesday night in favor of a resolution supporting Arizona's SB 1070.

YES!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 07:39 PM
 
5,915 posts, read 4,058,215 times
Reputation: 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
UPDATED!

The Yorba Linda City Council votes 3-0 Tuesday night in favor of a resolution supporting Arizona's SB 1070.

YES!
Good for them, but what does that mean in the big picture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top