U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 06:41 PM

Location: I live in the highly over populated city of Denver where the illegals thrive.
24 posts, read 85,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Pretty soon if Bush gets his way Mexican truck drivers will be driving all the way up to Canada on the superhighway. Mexican truck drivers, with Mexican licenses, putting Americans out of work.
Ya know I think that's one of the clauses in S. 1348.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 06:50 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,347,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryfiter View Post
They can pull them over, but, they still face the ever advancing problem of there's too many. I am sure, if you do any traveling, that you have seen the weigh stations that use a pre pass system. If not, it is a system that is in place approximatly 1/4-1/2 mile before a weigh station. It is a plate installed in the road that quickly gives the weigh station your approximate weight. There is also radar communicator positioned above the plate that communicates with a box that you stick to the windshield that tells the driver if they need to pull into the weigh station or not. If the driver ignores the signal they will go under another communicator that tells a camera to take a picture of the truck. A good system but when these illegals don't subscribe to it, it won't work.

I think that in order to get a CDL you must be a legal resident of America for a minimum of 20 years before. Also you must enroll in a legit truck driving school and sucessfully graduate in order to even be considered for a CDL. This may be a little tough, but remember that a commercial driver hauls anywhere from 26,001lbs-80,000lbs down the road.
Tough laws don't bother me, especially when it come to public safety.

So they don't have CDL's, they are driving without them. A law they feel they don't have to obey apparently. Well, another law - cuz we all know they have already broken the law just by being here.

And another law that is just too much trouble to enforce. I think I'm getting a little tired of hearing that our laws can not be enforced!

Old 06-17-2007, 07:07 PM

Location: I live in the highly over populated city of Denver where the illegals thrive.
24 posts, read 85,179 times
Default They can be

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Tough laws don't bother me, especially when it come to public safety.

So they don't have CDL's, they are driving without them. A law they feel they don't have to obey apparently. Well, another law - cuz we all know they have already broken the law just by being here.

And another law that is just too much trouble to enforce. I think I'm getting a little tired of hearing that our laws can not be enforced!
Our laws can be enforced, we just need to stay on congress' a@@. We also need to keep reporting. We as civilians may not be able to enforce them but if we flood law enforcement they will eventually have to do something.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:13 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,005,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post

That's the way it's worked for the last thirty years. They pick and choose which laws they'll obey all while our congressmen sit up on Capitol Hill slapping themselves on the back as they give these illegals more rights than American citizens themselves have.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:37 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,347,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
That's the way it's worked for the last thirty years. They pick and choose which laws they'll obey all while our congressmen sit up on Capitol Hill slapping themselves on the back as they give these illegals more rights than American citizens themselves have.
And these are the "hard working people that come here only to improve their lives" that we are supposed to feel sorry for and let them?? NOT.

Why is it so hard for our government to do what is right for our country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or