U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 09:09 PM

Location: I live in the highly over populated city of Denver where the illegals thrive.
24 posts, read 85,184 times

Advertisements

I am confused about how soooooo many illegals are getting their commercial drivers license. I am a local driver and I personally know that you have to at least be able to read and write english and these illegals don't even know how to drive much less operate a commercial vehicle. Are I.C.E., ploice, and D.O.T. truly that busy that they can't even control who drives commercial vehicles. They are not that hard to find. Just look for the trucks that don't look up to par. Granted, some of them do have a brain and they do keep their trucks lookin good but just take a look at which trucks are broken down on the side of the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 12:27 AM

398 posts, read 1,265,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryfiter View Post
I am confused about how soooooo many illegals are getting their commercial drivers license. I am a local driver and I personally know that you have to at least be able to read and write english and these illegals don't even know how to drive much less operate a commercial vehicle. Are I.C.E., ploice, and D.O.T. truly that busy that they can't even control who drives commercial vehicles. They are not that hard to find. Just look for the trucks that don't look up to par. Granted, some of them do have a brain and they do keep their trucks lookin good but just take a look at which trucks are broken down on the side of the road.

The government always make sure to keep ICE busy in something else...

Old 06-17-2007, 08:35 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,898,769 times
I see that here more than I would like. These dirty, old broken down trucks, very unpredicable drivers, they will put right out in front of you, then slow down to a snail's pace. It's like they don't have any depth perception. And yes, everyone looking the other way.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:09 AM

Location: I live in the highly over populated city of Denver where the illegals thrive.
Default Illegal truckers

Some of these illegals do in fact keep their trucks looking great but if the D.O.T. were to do a level 3 or 4 inspection, then the true condition of the truck will be revealed. These illegals are getting mostly gravel hauling and asphalt jobs so that they can stay just under the gun. No one cares what a gravel truck looks like. You would normally expect a truck that hauls rocks, dirt and things that break our windshields to be a hunk of junk. Well, the D.O.T. requires that all comercial vehicles be in sufficiant condition so as not to create a danger or a hazard on the road. I have personally seen a gravel hauler dump his load all over the road. Not because he intended to but the (very large) pin that holds the ram that raises and lowers the end dump sheared off. That incident could have been avoided just by doing a proper pre trip inspection. If these illegals were to go to school they would know that. Oh, but wait, a federally recognized school cannot enlist an illegal for class because they do a very thorough background check. A CDL is not just a state license it is Federal license permitting you to operate a commercial vehicle anywhere in the U.S.A.. How are these illegals getting a Federal license?

Old 06-17-2007, 09:14 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,898,769 times
This is cotton country, and we have the huge cotton bale trucks here. These guys can't even seem to stay on their side of the road, will drift over the line into my lane!

Old 06-17-2007, 04:31 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,347,992 times
How do illegals get a CDL??? Or are they driving without one? Report their employer, or whoever else hires them. It is illegal to hire them.

Old 06-17-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Trust me I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
How do illegals get a CDL??? Or are they driving without one? Report their employer, or whoever else hires them. It is illegal to hire them.
I have reported numerous times. The hard part about getting them corraled is that they don't stay in one place. These companies are owner operators and the companies that they contract to can come off with "I didn't know they were illegal". When a company contracts another company, the contractor is not liable for the workers of that crew. The contractor is under no obligation to run background checks on a contracted company, or it's workers.

Old 06-17-2007, 05:41 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,347,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryfiter View Post
I have reported numerous times. The hard part about getting them corraled is that they don't stay in one place. These companies are owner operators and the companies that they contract to can come off with "I didn't know they were illegal". When a company contracts another company, the contractor is not liable for the workers of that crew. The contractor is under no obligation to run background checks on a contracted company, or it's workers.
Oh good grief! I swear, it gets worse everytime I turn around. It's not just illegal aliens, it's criminals period. Criminals have more rights than the rest of us, so why should I be surprized to find out that illegal aliens (by definition they are criminals) should also have more rights and know the way around our laws?
What about State Troopers or highway patrol, can they pull them over for saftey/overload/something and at least run a license check?

Old 06-17-2007, 06:09 PM

Exclamation Yes and no

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Oh good grief! I swear, it gets worse everytime I turn around. It's not just illegal aliens, it's criminals period. Criminals have more rights than the rest of us, so why should I be surprized to find out that illegal aliens (by definition they are criminals) should also have more rights and know the way around our laws?
What about State Troopers or highway patrol, can they pull them over for saftey/overload/something and at least run a license check?
They can pull them over, but, they still face the ever advancing problem of there's too many. I am sure, if you do any traveling, that you have seen the weigh stations that use a pre pass system. If not, it is a system that is in place approximatly 1/4-1/2 mile before a weigh station. It is a plate installed in the road that quickly gives the weigh station your approximate weight. There is also radar communicator positioned above the plate that communicates with a box that you stick to the windshield that tells the driver if they need to pull into the weigh station or not. If the driver ignores the signal they will go under another communicator that tells a camera to take a picture of the truck. A good system but when these illegals don't subscribe to it, it won't work.

I think that in order to get a CDL you must be a legal resident of America for a minimum of 20 years before. Also you must enroll in a legit truck driving school and sucessfully graduate in order to even be considered for a CDL. This may be a little tough, but remember that a commercial driver hauls anywhere from 26,001lbs-80,000lbs down the road.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:30 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,006,882 times
Pretty soon if Bush gets his way Mexican truck drivers will be driving all the way up to Canada on the superhighway. Mexican truck drivers, with Mexican licenses, putting Americans out of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or