Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 08:58 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,262 times

Advertisements

Even anti immigration groups admit that he has Nazi ties and recognize that this will bring bad press and decide to back out of rally.

Quote:
"We have worked diligently behind the scenes to try to resolve this situation with the knowledge that our political opposition does have strong evidence of neo-Nazi supporters being involved with the event still going forward on the 5th," ALIPAC said Thursday in a written statement

Arizona immigration law rally loses group due to neo-Nazi links

Last edited by Holdencaulfield; 06-02-2010 at 10:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 09:22 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Anti immigration groups admit that this will bring bad press and decide to back out of rally.

Arizona immigration law rally loses group due to neo-Nazi links
What anti-"immigrant" groups?

Old 06-02-2010, 09:22 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,581,431 times
From the article:

"Out of the 2,200 friends on my Facebook page, two apparently had or have some association with groups that do NOT represent my beliefs, particularly regarding illegal immigration," Smeriglio wrote. "When this was brought to my attention I immediately removed and blocked the two individuals in question, because I stand against illegal immigration with no hatred in my heart for any person, race or religion."

Read more: Arizona immigration law rally loses group due to neo-Nazi links

Keep trying.

I love that Obama's personal links should not be questioned, but two people on a facebook page characterize the millions of supporters of this law.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
From the article:

"Out of the 2,200 friends on my Facebook page, two apparently had or have some association with groups that do NOT represent my beliefs, particularly regarding illegal immigration," Smeriglio wrote. "When this was brought to my attention I immediately removed and blocked the two individuals in question, because I stand against illegal immigration with no hatred in my heart for any person, race or religion."

Keep trying.

I love that Obama's personal links should not be questioned, but two people on a facebook page characterize the millions of supporters of this law.
So are you saying ALIPAC are liars?

Old 06-02-2010, 09:48 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,293 times
"allegations are without merit"

Old 06-02-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
"allegations are without merit"
Are you saying that ALIPAC is spreading lies and making false allegations?

Quote:
We have worked diligently behind the scenes to try to resolve this situation with the knowledge that our political opposition does have strong evidence of neo-Nazi supporters being involved with the event still going forward on the 5th," ALIPAC said Thursday in a written statement

Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
So are you saying ALIPAC are liars?
No. The word liar seems to have lost its meaning in recent political discourse. There can be differences in perspective without someone being a liar. They saw it as strong evidence and didn't feel comfortable going forward - completely up to them. He offered an explanation which seems plausible as well.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:00 AM

11,240 posts, read 11,017,223 times
Quote:
This fits holdencaufields agenda, so it is OK to point it out. Should we expect any less?

Quote:
He offered an explanation which seems plausible as well.
Seems a lot more plausible than Obama's connections to Rev. Wright and Bill Ayers.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
From the article:

Keep trying.

Good job of deflecting and derailing. If you have an issue with Obama's ties make a thread about it. This thread is about a Neo Nazi who is organizing a rally. Even the staunchest supporters of the Arizona bill admit he is a Nazi and have refused to attend the rally. Of course he will deny that he has ties to Nazi groups. Aside from the facebook page, there is also a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqlYOmU7iew

from ALIPAC, strong opponents of illegal immigration

Quote:
Unfortunately, we found out yesterday that Dan Smeriglio is still involved with the Facebook effort to support the June 5 event, even though the neo-Nazi rock group and friends and their comments have been sanitized from his Facebook pages.

ALIPAC will not work with any group or event that is working with or supportive of neo-Nazis or anyone working with them.

Unfortunately, our plans to get the skinheads out and away from the Phoenix effort was thwarted, when retired Congressman Tom Tancredo, who had self titled himself as the 'key note speaker' at the June 5 event started telling leaders and candidates to come back to the June 5 rally. Tancredo even claimed that ALIPAC's concerns about Dan Smeriglio were false, when he had not reviewed the video and screen shots which we find to be fairly conclusive

Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Good job of deflecting and derailing. If you have an issue with Obama's ties make a thread about it. This thread is about a Neo Nazi who is organizing a rally. Even the staunchest supporters of the Arizona bill admit he is a Nazi and have refused to attend the rally. Of course he will deny that he has ties to Nazi groups. Aside from the facebook page, there is also a video

YouTube - Neo-Nazis at anti-immigration rally as organizer plays dumb

from ALIPAC, strong opponents of illegal immigration
Try to get the point. It wasn't about Obama's ties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration