U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,731 posts, read 5,941,922 times
Reputation: 1328

Advertisements

Heres another pro-illegal article and photo essay.http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...icent_migrants
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2010, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Don't be a cry baby!
1,310 posts, read 1,146,277 times
Reputation: 612
Hey, he looks like an illegal! GET HIM!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 12:48 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,090,306 times
Reputation: 957
He sends home $500.00 a week. Impressive.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,731 posts, read 5,941,922 times
Reputation: 1328
I wonder how you live in NYC make min wage and manage to send so much back home?
Government help maybe?Many americans in NYC struggle to get by on better wages.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 02:18 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,695,138 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
He sends home $500.00 a week. Impressive.
Indeed, because American dollars belong in Mexico's economy--not America's.

Oh brother.

Money sent to Mexico from America is listed as Mexico's third largest revenue stream, right after exports and oil sales. Mexicans sent over $20 billion American dollars out of the country to Mexico in 2005 and that amount continues to rise.

That's $20 billion dollars taken out of the United States and invested into Mexico with NO return for American citizens. If you couple that amount with the total amount of money spent on services and incarceration for illegal aliens, we could pay a substantial chunk into our National debt.

I bet that the millions of unemployed Americans in this country would have been overjoyed to receive even a fraction of that $20 billion.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Miami / Florida / U.S.A.
684 posts, read 1,256,249 times
Reputation: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Indeed, because American dollars belong in Mexico's economy--not America's.

Oh brother.

Money sent to Mexico from America is listed as Mexico's third largest revenue stream, right after exports and oil sales. Mexicans sent over $20 billion American dollars out of the country to Mexico in 2005 and that amount continues to rise.

That's $20 billion dollars taken out of the United States and invested into Mexico with NO return for American citizens. If you couple that amount with the total amount of money spent on services and incarceration for illegal aliens, we could pay a substantial chunk into our National debt.

I bet that the millions of unemployed Americans in this country would have been overjoyed to receive even a fraction of that $20 billion.
I disagree...

These people are free to do whatever they want with the money they earned. Nothing was given to them for free.

And BTW, show some respect to the people of mexican ancestry. They are the second largest ancestry in the U.S. .If you live here, you better show respect to your fellow compatriots, many of them have mexican roots.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 03:02 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,826 posts, read 30,101,014 times
Reputation: 17698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
I disagree...

These people are free to do whatever they want with the money they earned. Nothing was given to them for free.

And BTW, show some respect to the people of mexican ancestry. They are the second largest ancestry in the U.S. .If you live here, you better show respect to your fellow compatriots, many of them have mexican roots.
Excuse me but this is the Illegal Immigration forum, not the forum about Mexico or Latino Americans. Kele is not falsifying any data and I didn't see any slur or comment that comes close to being negative.


What we are talking about are Mexican and Guatemalan (for the most part) criminals that make up the majority of people coming here Illegally and living off tax dollars in a parasitic manner.

If you don't care to partake in the discussion, that's fine.

If you wash someone's car and get paid with stolen money do you think the Govt will let you keep it? If an Illegal gets paid using a stolen ID should they be allowed to keep it? Should an Illegal Mexican be allowed to keep wages he's not paying taxes on?

I vote no on all counts.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Don't be a cry baby!
1,310 posts, read 1,146,277 times
Reputation: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Indeed, because American dollars belong in Mexico's economy--not America's.

Oh brother.

Money sent to Mexico from America is listed as Mexico's third largest revenue stream, right after exports and oil sales. Mexicans sent over $20 billion American dollars out of the country to Mexico in 2005 and that amount continues to rise.

That's $20 billion dollars taken out of the United States and invested into Mexico with NO return for American citizens. If you couple that amount with the total amount of money spent on services and incarceration for illegal aliens, we could pay a substantial chunk into our National debt.

I bet that the millions of unemployed Americans in this country would have been overjoyed to receive even a fraction of that $20 billion.
Yeah, they (illegals) suck our American blood to feed their family the whole while crapping and pissing in our yards for my family to see, yet we're suppose to have sympathy for these creators. (Act like a man and then I'll treat you like one, act like a freaking animal and I'll do my darnest to throw you out.)
I have a place they can try to get blood out of!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 03:10 PM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,661,184 times
Reputation: 690
According to this article, Mexicans To Be Majority of Latino New Yorkers By 2024. But lets be honest. The vast majority arrive illegally.

Mexicans To Be Majority of Latino New Yorkers By 2024, Study Predicts | Feet in 2 Worlds · Immigration news · Immigration reform · Immigrant communities
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 03:15 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,826 posts, read 30,101,014 times
Reputation: 17698
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
According to this article, Mexicans To Be Majority of Latino New Yorkers By 2024. But lets be honest. The vast majority arrive illegally.

Mexicans To Be Majority of Latino New Yorkers By 2024, Study Predicts | Feet in 2 Worlds · Immigration news · Immigration reform · Immigrant communities

If they are born here they are Americans that happen to be Latino. If they are from Mexico and here illegally they are still Mexicans.

Those here legally from Mexico many times either want to be called Mexican or take serious offense to it and want to be called American. Just the ones I've met of course.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top