U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,090,724 times

Advertisements

man, you are just mixing way too many issues here... obama? really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
My apology for not being more clear...

No it's not! My point is that black folk keep supporting this President no matter what he does! Hopefully even the eyes of blacks will open up to this! Obama's policies are coming home to hurt even them!

I guarantee you that this family probably voted for the Big O!

Wonder how they feel now???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 05:33 PM

10,657 posts, read 11,368,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
man, you are just mixing way too many issues here... obama? really...

Yes Obama....really. He's the Chief protector of this country. At least, he's suppose to be.

However....this is what we get:

YouTube - President Barack Obama In Ottumwa Iowa
A total misrepresentation of the law!!

He's so busy protecting illegals instead of protecting his own citizens!!

Old 06-02-2010, 05:37 PM

i remember when this happened. many tried to make it into a black versus brown or brown on black issue. it is a GANG issue. jamiel was walking around sporting RED. red belt, red laces. red cap. he looked like a gang member. even his myspace was decorated in red. this guy espinoza targetted him for being a gang member. jamiel wasnt. he just looked like one. like in this other case:

Dion Miles Jr., 19 - Homicide Report - Los Angeles Times

as for what jamiels law does... i am unsure. i visited the website and i could only ask HOW DOES THIS TARGET ILLEGAL GANG BANGERS?

LA already has injunctions against most gangs. any infraction (curfew, drinking, associating) lands them in jail. and inmates citizenship status is verified upon being processed. what will J's law do?

Old 06-02-2010, 05:46 PM

5,938 posts, read 6,377,709 times
Quote:
i remember when this happened. many tried to make it into a black versus brown or brown on black issue. it is a GANG issue. jamiel was walking around sporting RED. red belt, red laces. red cap. he looked like a gang member. even his myspace was decorated in red. this guy espinoza targetted him for being a gang member. jamiel wasnt. he just looked like one. like in this other case:

as for what jamiels law does... i am unsure. i visited the website and i could only ask HOW DOES THIS TARGET ILLEGAL GANG BANGERS?

LA already has injunctions against most gangs. any infraction (curfew, drinking, associating) lands them in jail. and inmates citizenship status is verified upon being processed. what will J's law do?
The problem is turning illegals over to ICE is not mandatory and the sheriffs department never followed up or knew and still let the scum out of jail.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:57 PM

its is now. several CA counties have adopted 287g

if that wasnt the policy then well thats unfortunate. there isnt much you could do about it.

you cant argue that the cops didnt do their job (check and detain illegals) when it wasnt in their job description to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The problem is turning illegals over to ICE is not mandatory and the sheriffs department never followed up or knew and still let the scum out of jail.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:

Fact: Esperanza was here illegally!!
Fact: He has a wrap sheet 3000 miles long!
Fact:He was arrested a day before he shot Jamiel
Fact: I.C.E. was not called and he was released.
Fact: If the law was followed, Jamiel would be alive today, heading for Stanford!!

Sure we have gang problems. But THIS case has an illegal alien element involved. We cannot jam them all together.....

Old 06-02-2010, 06:11 PM

what law are you talking about? there was no policy regarding illegals. and what will J's law do?

Quote:
Fact: Esperanza was here illegally!!
YES, we know that NOW
Fact: He has a wrap sheet 3000 miles long!
exageration, stick to the ummmm... "facts"
Fact:He was arrested a day before he shot Jamiel
i thought he was RELEASED the day before?
Fact: I.C.E. was not called and he was released.
were they supposed to?
Fact: If the law was followed, Jamiel would be alive today, heading for Stanford!!
what law? ill give the kid the benefit of the doubt, but this is NOT a fact.

Sure we have gang problems. But THIS case has an illegal alien element involved. We cannot jam them all together.....

Old 06-02-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
what law are you talking about? there was no policy regarding illegals. and what will J's law do?

Quote:

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:
  • Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
  • Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
  • Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
has committed a federal crime.
You're kidding right?
They just choose not to enforce it.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:55 PM

exactly. federal crime. the cops deal with other crimes.
and there was no policy in place to ascertain citizenship status. how would they (sheriffs) know the guy was in the country illegally?
now they have special deputies assigned to these duties (verifying status). they didnt before.

Quote:
You're kidding right?
They just choose not to enforce it.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:59 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Quote:

Oh I see. Illegals are allowed to profile.

Where is the source that the illegal killed him because of his myspace page? Shaw was killed because he was black and the illegal belonged to a gang that targetted blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or