U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 PM

2,731 posts, read 5,955,780 times

Advertisements

Your last post about "Racists" in the anti-illegal movement was one guy that..
Alipac turned their back on once they found out about him.
All the Anti-Illegal Groups i have heard about will kick out someone found to be racist.
They dont tolerate it.Are there racists in the movement?Sure just like there would be if..
You put 200 people in the same room.
You never make any real points for your open-border pro amnesty viewpoints.
All these threads are look i found a racist!!!
Why dont you back up your views with something besides the race card.
75% of Americans are against Illegal Immigration are they ALL racist???

Old 06-03-2010, 08:45 PM

364 posts, read 185,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
All the Anti-Illegal Groups i have heard about will kick out someone found to be racist.
They dont tolerate it.Are there racists in the movement?Sure just like there would be if..
tha ilegal lovers think that
never mind la raza is racsist
nasty cretures

Old 06-04-2010, 08:16 PM

65 posts, read 178,647 times
I have friends that do things, and believe things that I wouldn't in a million years. This is a tendency of a person who is plastic A.K.A fake. They tell others, if you want to be my friend, you have to act like this, talk like this, believe this, and don't do that. I'm gay and I have a grip of str8 friends, and them being my friend has nothing to do with their sexual orientation. This is one of those guilty by association things, but I respect people who can give a rats tail about who's gonna accuse them of being associated with another person. It's a good sign to me because it shows they can actually hold their own. I'd rather support a person who is up front about who all they are associated with and what they have going on, rather than them being secretive and careful about it worrying about what people will say. That's the problem with politics today, it's too much media and fame involved. YOU ARE NOT 16 YEAR OLD CELEBRITIES, YOU ARE GROWN ADULTS WITH A JOB TO DO. IF YOU CAN'T DO IT STEP DOWN. IF YOU WANNA PLAY A GAME, TRY OUT FOR THE OLYMPICS, BUT THIS IS NOT A GAME, OUR COUNTRY'S WELL BEING IS AT STAKE. I'VE SEEN KINDERGARDENERS GET MORE DONE THAN OUR POLITICIANS HAVE IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME, AND WERE TEN TIMES MORE SERIOUS ABOUT IT. YOU PEOPLE BETTER BE GLAD IM NOT PRESIDENT.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:29 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,103,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I would think most[more than 75%] are agaisnt illegal immigration. The question most[majority] Americans do not agree on is on how America handles aliens that are now here.

Most Americans are not anti-immigrant, or disrepectful of human beings regardless of their immigration status. Most do not devalue a person because of their immigration status. and I know most Americans would want "illegal aliens" to be extended common humanity no mater what they believe should happen to "illegals".

Old 06-05-2010, 07:51 AM

2,471 posts, read 2,030,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Arizona, the state that refused to celebrate Martin Luther King day.
That's not true....it's not a question of celebrating it......they didn't want it to replace a paid holiday and they didn't want to add another paid holiday to the list that state, county and city employees already enjoyed. It didn't matter what the holiday was, who it was for, what race they were or what they did, they just didn't want to add another holiday. It was a question of government employees being paid for a holiday that employees in the private sector don't get paid for.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:31 PM

5,362 posts, read 7,094,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I would think most[more than 75%] are agaisnt illegal immigration. The question most[majority] Americans do not agree on is on how America handles aliens that are now here.

Most Americans are not anti-immigrant, or disrepectful of human beings regardless of their immigration status. Most do not devalue a person because of their immigration status. and I know most Americans would want "illegal aliens" to be extended common humanity no mater what they believe should happen to "illegals".
I agree with your statement that most Americans are empathetic and it's hard to imagine that there is not one person in America who doesn't have their own sad story to tell (from some point in their lives), whether they are of English, German, Italian, Mexican, Iraqi, Chinese descent, etc...or born in Gary, IN. Americans as a whole are not against immigration which is definitely different from being against illegal immigration. Let's not confuse the two. Immigrants do the proper work necessary to migrate. Illegal immigrants could care less whether the proper work is done, and in many cases cry racism when they do not get their way, or only refer to themselves as "American" when there is a threat of them being deported.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:32 PM

5,362 posts, read 7,094,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
That's not true....it's not a question of celebrating it......they didn't want it to replace a paid holiday and they didn't want to add another paid holiday to the list that state, county and city employees already enjoyed. It didn't matter what the holiday was, who it was for, what race they were or what they did, they just didn't want to add another holiday. It was a question of government employees being paid for a holiday that employees in the private sector don't get paid for.
Thank you for clarifying that for some.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:16 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,377,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Frankly I could care less who or how illegal immigrants are forced out of this country as long as they are.

What did Hoover, Truman, and Eisenhower have in common?

Here is something that should be of great interest for you to pass around.

I didn't know of this until it was pointed out to me.

Back during The Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the

Deportation of ALL illegal aliens in order to make jobs available to American

Citizens that desperately needed work..

Harry Truman deported over two million Illegal's after WWII to create jobs for returning veterans.

And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13 million

Mexican Nationals! The program was called 'Operation Wet Back'. It was

Done so WWII and Korean Veterans would have a better chance at jobs.

It took 2 Years, but they deported them!

Now... If they could deport the illegal's back then - they could sure do it today.

If you have doubts about the veracity of this information, enter Operation

Wet Back into your favorite search engine and confirm it for yourself.
Wow! We need another Truman and we need one NOW. So far, the only politician I can think of that actually cares about enforcing the laws so Americans can have jobs and a safe place to live is Jan Brewer. Too bad she isn't running for President.

Right now, we have a bunch of politicians in Washington who don't give a crap about the American people or helping the unemployed AMERICANS who need work.

I get so tired of the liberals who are making this about race. I wonder if the liberals have seen how illegals treat their own children. They basically make babies and don't take care of them. I know because I taught in a school with a high illegal alien population. I wonder if some these pro-illegals care about the folks who have died at the hands of an illegal. I wonder if the pro-illegals care about the out-of-work Americans who lost a job to an illegal or the American whose life has been totally messed up because his or her identity was stolen just so an illegal can get a job. I wonder if liberals care about the Americans who have had vehicles, electronic items, barbeque grills, bicycles, and other items stolen by an illegal.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:28 PM

100 posts, read 203,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
"Senate Majority Leader and Arizona law supporter, Chuck Gray's Twitter account is drawing a lot of attention this week. It's not for what he's said/tweeted: it's for whom he's elected to follow. Gawker, a New York-based gossip site, looked through the Mesa Republican's Twitter followers and found StormfrontWPWW (for White Power WorldWide), a white-supremacist organization started by Don Black, a former KKK Grand Wizard and member of the American Nazi Party."

Anyone familiar with twitter knows that in order to follow a person or site, you have to seek them out and agree to follow them. I wonder how apologists will defend this action. Will they bring up Rev. Wright or claim that Gray didn't know?

azcentral.com blogs - Political Insider - PoliticalInsider - Atwitter about Sen. Chuck Gray's twitter feeds

This all came from the obvious lies of Brown supremeist and racial bigot congress person Linda Sanchez from Orange County. She was caught yelling this racial nonsense at a Democrat Meeting in Cali.

So I guess it is linda sanchez and the po-illegal movement that are the true Racists!!

Old 06-06-2010, 09:04 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,983,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
So what? Are you trying to say anyone who supports SB1070 must support white-supremacist organizations? The illegal alien scum who murdered Jamiel Shaw Jr I suspect is against SB1070, so by your logic am I to come to the conclusion tha those who oppose SB1070 supports this type of criminal activities?
100% of the Mexican drug cartels want the border to remain wide open and have no immigration law in the USA enforced.

I think that means all who oppose the Arizona law are part of the Mexican drug cartels. Oh - and let's not forget the Mexican drug cartels are murdering Mexicans right and left and La Raza does not mind at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration