U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:04 PM

364 posts, read 184,416 times

Advertisements

i live here in az
the only boycot signes
i see are mor an more ilegals
leavin an much les noisey car stereos
that boycot aint affectin me at all
an i get paid piecewerk
this i wil say
ppl here are lookin at ilegals
with fire in there eyes
if I was ilegal
i woul scat outta here fast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 08:05 PM

69,372 posts, read 53,608,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
The state, which took in $18.5 billion in visitor spending in 2008, has seen its tourism industry struggle in the past couple of years as the U.S. economy sagged...
How did a boycot which just took effect a month ago, have an effect going back a couple of years?

Old 06-03-2010, 09:19 PM

358 posts, read 332,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How did a boycot which just took effect a month ago, have an effect going back a couple of years?
We are talking about today... I still say it's all Obama's fault!! yesterday is of no consequence to today's issues... keep that in mind

Old 06-03-2010, 10:11 PM

555 posts, read 735,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Yes I am the only person in the entire world that thinks the Az law is a poorly writen and ill consived law which will in actuallity do nothing to secure the borders of the State of Arizona. I am the only person in the world that recognizes that SB1070 will do nothing to replenish the empty coffers of a broke[admission by the governor] State. And I alone will stand and notice that if the law EVER goes into effect, it will do little to reduce the number of undocumented aliens in that state.

And on the day the US Supreme court rules this Dog-of-a-law unconstitutional, I alone will pat myself on the back for a job well done.
While SB1070 may not do anything directly to secure the border, it has had an effect on border security since BO has just sent 1,200 National Guard secretaries to relieve Border Patrol Agents from paperwork so they can concentrate on enforcement.

I also heard on Phoenix TV that 100,000 illegal aliens have already left Arizona after passage of this law.

It looks like half the restaurants in Phoenix are Mexican food. The boycott will surely hurt them.

The boycott of Arizona is economic warfare. The next step is real warfare.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:21 PM

3,717 posts, read 4,496,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
We'll know for sure in two weeks

Old 06-03-2010, 10:26 PM

364 posts, read 184,416 times
Quote:
While SB1070 may not do anything directly to secure the border, it has had an effect on border security since BO has just sent 1,200 National Guard secretaries to relieve Border Patrol Agents from paperwork so they can concentrate on enforcement.

I also heard on Phoenix TV that 100,000 illegal aliens have already left Arizona after passage of this law.

It looks like half the restaurants in Phoenix are Mexican food. The boycott will surely hurt them.

tha real warfare in mexico 2010
an getting worse
let that stuff stay in mexico
we dont need tha drug war crap here
in tha use

Old 06-03-2010, 10:30 PM

358 posts, read 332,712 times
Quote:

What you have to keep in mind is that the 1,500 (or is it 1,200?) national guard is more lip service than anything.. bush sent 5,000 national guard and it's debatable if there was any effect on illegal immigration. That was a horse and pony show to make it seem like the Fed's were doing something.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 PM

7,413 posts, read 7,828,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
What you have to keep in mind is that the 1,500 (or is it 1,200?) national guard is more lip service than anything.. bush sent 5,000 national guard and it's debatable if there was any effect on illegal immigration. That was a horse and pony show to make it seem like the Fed's were doing something.
I actually agree with you. The gesture of putting 1200 troops on the border is nothing more than to appease. Until there is real border security the problem of controlling immigrants will continue.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:07 PM

555 posts, read 735,823 times
One more factoid I left out. A Bullhead City business woman said that Memorial Day weekend was the best she had seen in years. Many CA cars here.

I am leaving on a 500 mile roundtrip to Phoenix for the big pro-SB1070 rally on Saturday. Hope some of you can make it and are prepared, like I am, for 107 degrees.

Phoenix Rising - June 5, 2010 - Rally

Old 06-04-2010, 04:36 PM

69,297 posts, read 79,469,982 times
I just have to relay something that happened today in a local grocery store. I was standing at the gourmet cheese dept (yes we do have gourmet items even in hillbilly country) and some guy next to me, mentioned he was about to buy the cheese but realized it was produced in Ca and he wouldn't buy anything from Ca because to the reaction to the AZ law. At that point I choose not to use the 50 cent off coupon I had for Ca cheese as well. You may not think the boycott is spreading and backfiring but it is. So for all of you who think AZ is going to suffer unrepariable damage, you might want to re-think this.. I know I am giving a very small reaction, but if we are seeing some of this here, you can imagine how many other states are feeling the same way.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration