U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:14 AM

20,014 posts, read 20,509,618 times

Advertisements

Over 40.
I fully support AZ and hope for other states to follow their lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 06:40 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post
Coming from a liberal, liberals do not support illegal immigration. We just feel the Az law is unconstitutional.

But carry on with your own beliefs.
Quote:
Arizona's controversial new immigration law probably would withstand legal challenges on constitutional grounds, according to a panel of three University of San Diego law professors. Professor Lawrence Alexander, who teaches constitutional law at USD, said that argument would fail because the Arizona law does not conflict with federal immigration law. The state law is only seeking to enforce the federal law, he said.

"I don't see anything in this law that is going to fail a challenge on the grounds of federal supremacy," Alexander said. Alexander was a panelist along with professors Donald Dripps, a scholar on criminal law, and Maimon Schwarzschild, who specializes in constitutional law.
REGION: Three USD professors say Arizona law is constitutional

Old 06-03-2010, 08:47 AM

349 posts, read 393,999 times
Under. Homeowner, parent, taxpayer, resident of a border state, and my family has been hit with property crimes perpetrated by migrants.

I oppose most of the current legislation because it tramples constitutional rights. Immigration is very complex and I don't see it as a purely black and white issue.

I do believe in the humanity of all persons.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:26 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
I am curious about something, as most posters on this particular forum are definitely "anti" illegal (alien) immigration (you know where I stand on the issue), would you all mind telling me if you are under or over 40 years of age?

Not a scientific poll or anything, just wondering if most people who feel very strongly about this illegal immigration topic are more from one particular generation or if it tends to be equally divided among all age groups.

Thanks.

Over 60 want illegal immigration to stop
kids over 40, all 3 of them are appalled at the number of illegals in our country
grandkids 20-30 all want to see the borders secure and illegals returned to thier country.

Does that answer your question?

Nita

Old 06-03-2010, 09:29 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post
Coming from a liberal, liberals do not support illegal immigration. We just feel the Az law is unconstitutional.

But carry on with your own beliefs.
gunner, hate to tell you this, but there are many liberals that are not oppossed to the AZ law. Can you explain what is unconstitutional about it?

Nita

Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
Under. Homeowner, parent, taxpayer, resident of a border state, and my family has been hit with property crimes perpetrated by migrants.

I oppose most of the current legislation because it tramples constitutional rights. Immigration is very complex and I don't see it as a purely black and white issue.

I do believe in the humanity of all persons.
Being human has nothing to do with our right to have and to enforce our immigration laws.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:49 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Being human has nothing to do with our right to have and to enforce our immigration laws.
Over. Against illegal entry to this country no matter what country you are coming from. Pro legal immigration providing you are skilled, educated, healthy and have a job in place.

3 children who are under 30, over 30, and who feel the same way.
Sidebar: Just because you are a liberal, you don't have to lock step in line with the media. We know many liberals who are in favor of this law.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:52 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
easy, young people are dumb they will let you do anything.
they figure mom and day will always be there to bankroll them.
illegals please go home we need jobs.
look for a better life in your own country.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:08 AM

2,731 posts, read 5,936,312 times
Early 30s here.Against Illegal Immigration.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:10 AM

349 posts, read 393,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I'm referring to the nerve, audacity, and unmitigated gall of some that express a desire to militarize our borders and shoot to kill those crossing unarmed and defenseless. Also, those that would withhold humanitarian aid when they suspect one is an undocumented migrant, effectively choosing death for those individuals. To me that is beyond the pale, immoral, and unethical. I find it disgusting and far worse than someone crossing a border in terms of societal problems.

Quote:
Sidebar: Just because you are a liberal, you don't have to lock step in line with the media. We know many liberals who are in favor of this law.
I'm a proud liberal/progressive. I do not care if "many liberals" or no liberals support SB 1070. The media is not liberal. It is corporate and supports corporate interests. I am an independent thinker and make up my own mind. In contrast, I see many on both sides that parrot talking points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration