U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:27 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,110,100 times

Advertisements

Just turned 57 today. And I am becoming an old and cranky broad.

Against illegal immigration. Against amnesty. Totally for putting all those people that hire the illegals out of business. I support Arizona.

Have nothing against the immigrants. Most, not all, but most are trying to find a way to survive. But they don't have to do it here. We have enough problems. I am sorry their country is so screwed up but that's not our fault. My heart does ache for most of them. Stay home and try and make your country better. We ain't doing so great ourselves and can't take on your problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 09:41 PM

349 posts, read 394,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you need to read more, almost all media supports liberalism.

NIta
You only think so because you're not liberal. I can tell you that my interests and views on issues are rarely played in MSM. It just isn't true. I get frustrated with the news and how it's missing stories or fails to ask follow-ups just like conservatives. I'm being honest here that the right wants its followers to believe that even though it's inaccurate.

I can tell you that some in the MSM do support liberal ideas. Some support conservative ideas. They almost all support corporate interests.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Feel free to write the check to cover the costs of your
Liberal/Progressive views

it's attitude's like this that make a mockery out of our laws
and the people that gave their lives to make this a free country
Please extrapolate because your response doesn't make sense to me.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:50 PM

53 posts, read 21,022 times
Lots of old timers on here, and most are stuck with a 1950's vision of what America should look like.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:15 PM

3,716 posts, read 4,496,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
Please extrapolate because your response doesn't make sense to me.
1. You support ILLEGALS you pay for them.

2. In your support of ILLEGALS your also supporting
breaking the laws of the United States of America.

3.People that make the choice to cross our border in a
ILLEGAL manner must and will face the consequences
of their actions.

It's really that simple

Old 06-03-2010, 10:19 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,110,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you need to read more, almost all media supports liberalism.

NIta
Quote:
You only think so because you're not liberal. I can tell you that my interests and views on issues are rarely played in MSM. It just isn't true. I get frustrated with the news and how it's missing stories or fails to ask follow-ups just like conservatives. I'm being honest here that the right wants its followers to believe that even though it's inaccurate.

I can tell you that some in the MSM do support liberal ideas. Some support conservative ideas. They almost all support corporate interests.

I just did some research for a thread I posted on the Illegal Immigration forum. It took forever to sift through the conservative and liberal media to find something that wasn't biased either way. And I can't even be sure it wasn't biased.

As a moderate that is very frustrating to me. The lack of one independent media outlet that doesn't cater to either side, or their own corporate interests.

I suppose there is always YouTube.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:23 PM

364 posts, read 184,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Creole View Post
Lots of old timers on here, and most are stuck with a 1950's vision of what America should look like.
1950s is when jim crow started to die in tha eyes of tha law
when rosa stood her ground in bama an won
when tha black kids stood there ground in little rock an won
when ike had operation wet back
times were good
much better than now

Old 06-03-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
1. You support ILLEGALS you pay for them.

2. In your support of ILLEGALS your also supporting
breaking the laws of the United States of America.

3.People that make the choice to cross our border in a
ILLEGAL manner must and will face the consequences
of their actions.

It's really that simple
1. I said immigration is complex and not black and white. You are making your own conclusions about more than that.

2. Please describe your understanding of Federal immigration law, specifically the Immigration and Naturalization Act and the myriad types of visas and statuses a migrant may have, remedies within the law, and the various agencies and courts responsible.

3. The crux of my point is that a much bigger problem exists when people advocate killing directly or indirectly unarmed people in the desert. That apparent oversight in your responses is what I was referencing. Unless you somehow believe that one thinking we shouldn't kill people in the desert is making a "mockery of our laws", then your post is absurd.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:01 AM

3,716 posts, read 4,496,089 times
Quote:
1. I said immigration is complex and not black and white. You are making your own conclusions about more than that.

2. Please describe your understanding of Federal immigration law, specifically the Immigration and Naturalization Act and the myriad types of visas and statuses a migrant may have, remedies within the law, and the various agencies and courts responsible.

3. The crux of my point is that a much bigger problem exists when people advocate killing directly or indirectly unarmed people in the desert. That apparent oversight in your responses is what I was referencing. Unless you somehow believe that one thinking we shouldn't kill people in the desert is making a "mockery of our laws", then your post is absurd.
1. Based on your post, yes that was my conclusion.

2. I know the law and it's not my interpretation of it, if your unsure look it up. What your read or hear in the media
is nothing to what is really going on along the border and
I suggest you find out for yourself

3. I never will condone killing of any human unless
my or my families life are being threatened. and for you to
better understand my comment "mockery of our laws" it's
the Liberal/Progressive movement that is making our armed forces weak and unable to do the job and it's their life on the line and too many have paid the ultimate price.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:24 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Creole View Post
I am over 40, anti-illegal, and anti-amnesty. However, I fail to comprehend how wanting foreigners to enter our country through legal channels, and not wanting violators to be rewarded, even remotely compares to life during the 1950’s. Would you care to expound?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration