U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:34 AM

349 posts, read 393,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
1. Based on your post, yes that was my conclusion.

2. I know the law and it's not my interpretation of it, if your unsure look it up. What your read or hear in the media
is nothing to what is really going on along the border and
I suggest you find out for yourself

3. I never will condone killing of any human unless
my or my families life are being threatened. and for you to
better understand my comment "mockery of our laws" it's
the Liberal/Progressive movement that is making our armed forces weak and unable to do the job and it's their life on the line and too many have paid the ultimate price.
So, you have no basis in fact. I live closer to the border than you do and have land literally at the border where USBP patrols routinely. My experience isn't media related. You're speaking from ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 07:38 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Creole View Post
Lots of old timers on here, and most are stuck with a 1950's vision of what America should look like.
You mean like when PC wasn't tolerated? You mean like when the rule of law was respected? You mean like when our sovereign borders use to mean something? You mean like when our population was at reasonable number? You mean like when there was plenty of resources for everyone? You mean like when our government used to listen to us? Wow, who would want to be stuck back then?

Old 06-04-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
1. I said immigration is complex and not black and white. You are making your own conclusions about more than that.

2. Please describe your understanding of Federal immigration law, specifically the Immigration and Naturalization Act and the myriad types of visas and statuses a migrant may have, remedies within the law, and the various agencies and courts responsible.

3. The crux of my point is that a much bigger problem exists when people advocate killing directly or indirectly unarmed people in the desert. That apparent oversight in your responses is what I was referencing. Unless you somehow believe that one thinking we shouldn't kill people in the desert is making a "mockery of our laws", then your post is absurd.
Are you competely ignoring my comments about shooting people in the desert because you can't refute what I said? Have you ever heard of the words "stop or I'll shoot"? That is what LE says when they don't want you approaching any closer and they have no idea if you are armed or not. It would be the same thing on the border. You get a warning not to continue forward and if you are dumb enough to do it anyway then you run the risk of getting shot. I see nothing unreasonable or inhumane in that.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:29 AM

13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Under 40 - and diametrically opposed to illegal aliens. They are the worst affliction on this great nation and need to be expelled at all cost.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Are you competely ignoring my comments about shooting people in the desert because you can't refute what I said? Have you ever heard of the words "stop or I'll shoot"? That is what LE says when they don't want you approaching any closer and they have no idea if you are armed or not. It would be the same thing on the border. You get a warning not to continue forward and if you are dumb enough to do it anyway then you run the risk of getting shot. I see nothing unreasonable or inhumane in that.
No your point is baseless. First, the test for use of lethal force is not "stop or I'll shoot". Second, you seem unaware of posters advocating militarizing the border and killing migrants. Third, I wouldn't necessarily expect you to know this, but some in AZ advocate criminalizing humanitarian aid and bills have been proposed.

There are those that place water in the desert to prevent dehydration and death. You can search the archives for those that express no sympathy for those that perish during the trek and believe those helping should be punished as criminals. These actions are also tacitly approving of the death of migrants.

So, it seemed a prima facie case to me.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
No your point is baseless. First, the test for use of lethal force is not "stop or I'll shoot". Second, you seem unaware of posters advocating militarizing the border and killing migrants. Third, I wouldn't necessarily expect you to know this, but some in AZ advocate criminalizing humanitarian aid and bills have been proposed.

There are those that place water in the desert to prevent dehydration and death. You can search the archives for those that express no sympathy for those that perish during the trek and believe those helping should be punished as criminals. These actions are also tacitly approving of the death of migrants.

It would probably only take one or two deaths or maybe even none for illegals to get the message with a military presence at our border. The point you are missing is that militarizing our border would be a huge deterrant to illegal entry. I really don't care about the fringe element who suggest that basic humanitarian gestures like giving water to an illegal should become a criminal act nor should you. Most Americans are humane within reason but I find that the pro-illegals use the fringe element of our society to justify non-enforcement of our immigration laws. You fit the bill nicely.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:58 PM

364 posts, read 184,272 times
Quote:

it needs to b tuff for ielgals
tryin to come here
if some die
for being stupid
maybe other ilegals
wil think twice
an stay home
alive with there familys

Old 06-05-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It would probably only take one or two deaths or maybe even none for illegals to get the message with a military presence at our border. The point you are missing is that militarizing our border would be a huge deterrant to illegal entry. I really don't care about the fringe element who suggest that basic humanitarian gestures like giving water to an illegal should become a criminal act nor should you. Most Americans are humane within reason but I find that the pro-illegals use the fringe element of our society to justify non-enforcement of our immigration laws. You fit the bill nicely.
Again, you're without merit. Is this the best one can expect from you? Please READ my original post where I clearly state that immigration status is too complex for a simplistic "for or against". That kind of approach shows a critical lack of understanding of immigration law.

You, finally, agreed with me. You yourself introduced the idea of a "fringe element" with respect to some that advocate for the death of migrants. I stated that those who hold these views are a bigger problem than undocumented migrants. Frankly though, too few take too long to distance themselves from these positions.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Again, you're without merit. Is this the best one can expect from you? Please READ my original post where I clearly state that immigration status is too complex for a simplistic "for or against". That kind of approach shows a critical lack of understanding of immigration law.

You, finally, agreed with me. You yourself introduced the idea of a "fringe element" with respect to some that advocate for the death of migrants. I stated that those who hold these views are a bigger problem than undocumented migrants. Frankly though, too few take too long to distance themselves from these positions.
Immigration status is too complex? I don't understand immigration law? What part of you are either here legally or you are not, don't you get? We are talking about militarizing the border here not about internal enforcement. Immigrants should come here through legal ports of entry on the border if they don't do that then they are obviously coming here illegally and that is where the military can stop them.

No, who I think are the bigger problem in this country than illegal aliens are their supporters.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-05-2010 at 08:36 AM..

Old 06-05-2010, 07:10 AM

27,236 posts, read 40,261,063 times
Uh, I turn 40 this year. I don't like any sort of immigrants, even from one state to another. Florida has a terrible problem with people coming here from another state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration