U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 03:41 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,011,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekygisela View Post
He's a comedian whose political angle allows him to tackle more viewers. I've met him in person, and he really isn't half as bad as he seems.

Personally, I don't care really what others think about the issue. I've read the bill myself, and decided for myself which is the "right" thing to do.

He's not talking about the bill. He says that we should be nice to the illegals.
In other words he wants to keep the border open.
And somehow that will benefit us in the future.
Does that make sense to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 03:41 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,492,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Who cares what Bill Maher has to say....he is irrelevant to the lives of the majority of Americans.
Exactly

Just another "I want some media time"

I'd really love to hear what Billy Boy, Jessie Jackson and
BIG Al Sharpton would say after a weekend camp out
along the border

Old 06-03-2010, 07:35 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
Wow, that is really ignorant of him to say. None of what he says takes into consideration those who ARE affected by illegal immigration. He talks about "real threats" needing to be addressed, but it is illegal immigration that is hurting budgets all over the country. Wow, how can someone be allowed to go on television and spew stuff like that?

Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 PM

364 posts, read 184,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
He's not talking about the bill. He says that we should be nice to the illegals.
In other words he wants to keep the border open.
And somehow that will benefit us in the future.
Does that make sense to you?
being ince to ilegals
thre hots an a cot
before they are booted
out of tha usa
an they need to take there anchors
back home

Old 06-03-2010, 10:09 PM

5,361 posts, read 7,050,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
How is the opinion of any member on here more important than his? Doesn't change the facts. Attack the message not the messenger.
Bill Maher's facts seem to be a little blurred, unless they're your facts...could say the same. I've noticed that he also likes speaking in absolutes. I'll remember that you said to attack the message, not the messenger...

Old 06-03-2010, 10:28 PM

706 posts, read 795,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Exactly

Just another "I want some media time"

I'd really love to hear what Billy Boy, Jessie Jackson and
BIG Al Sharpton would say after a weekend camp out
along the border
Is there a Hilton in either Ciudad Juarez or Nuevo Laredo ? These guys are as likely to camp out as they would be to wear jeans rather than a $500 suit...

Old 06-03-2010, 10:52 PM

53 posts, read 21,015 times
Bill Maher is mart enough to see the writing on the wall.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:02 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,492,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Creole View Post
Bill Maher is mart enough to see the writing on the wall.
yep all the wanna be gang's that can't spell

Old 06-03-2010, 11:34 PM

7,413 posts, read 7,824,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
How is the opinion of any member on here more important than his? Doesn't change the facts. Attack the message not the messenger.
Totally agree. Maher is looking deeper beyond the surface. Corporate America wants cheap labor and wants the border wide open only to fill their own pockets. Most Americans have nothing to worry about when it comes to illegal immigrants but must be very aware that middle-class America is on a decline because of corrupt capitalism.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:42 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Totally agree. Maher is looking deeper beyond the surface. Corporate America wants cheap labor and wants the border wide open only to fill their own pockets. Most Americans have nothing to worry about when it comes to illegal immigrants but must be very aware that middle-class America is on a decline because of corrupt capitalism.
"Most Americans have nothing to worry about when it comes to illegal immigrants?" Do you write that with a straight face?

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-04-2010 at 09:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or