U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2010, 09:44 AM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,031,486 times
Reputation: 265

Advertisements

"Since a peak in 2000 of more than 600,000 illegal crossers apprehended, the number fell to 241,000 in 2009, Tucson Sector Public Affairs Officer Mario Escalante told CNN. "We've seen a steady decline," he said.

According to FBI statistics, violent crimes reported in Arizona dropped by nearly 1,500 reported incidents between 2005 and 2008. "

Crime stats test rationale behind Arizona immigration law - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,731 posts, read 5,937,199 times
Reputation: 1328
The act of sneaking across the border=Crime.
Using fake papers and someones SS#=Crime.
Commiting fraud to get more government assistance=Crime.

Try as an american citizen to use someone's SS# and see how much time you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:14 AM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Reputation: 22525
I see the Newspeak word for illegal has switched from "undocumented" to "unauthorized". And as long as any media source is going to play word games and create new euphemisms for lawbreaking in this debate I am rejecting whatever they are presenting.

To top things off, they didn't even cite the "facts" they presented. Kidnapping in Phoenix is still leading the nation and probably the world. Let me guess - the article was written by a Latino? What do I win, Charlie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:15 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Reputation: 47455
yes its called law enforcement. it works. we of couse dont believe in it here, here its go to your room, time out and counseling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:21 AM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,031,486 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I see the Newspeak word for illegal has switched from "undocumented" to "unauthorized". And as long as any media source is going to play word games and create new euphemisms for lawbreaking in this debate I am rejecting whatever they are presenting.

To top things off, they didn't even cite the "facts" they presented. Kidnapping in Phoenix is still leading the nation and probably the world. Let me guess - the article was written by a Latino? What do I win, Charlie?
I don't look at the ethnicity and race of journalists when I read articles. I fail to see how the article would be more valid if it was written by a White guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:27 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
I don't look at the ethnicity and race of journalists when I read articles. I fail to see how the article would be more valid if it was written by a White guy.
Hispanic or far left liberal white guy....same thing in regards to the illegal immigration issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 12:05 PM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,031,486 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Hispanic or far left liberal white guy....same thing in regards to the illegal immigration issue.
So being Hispanic means someone is not credible when it comes to this issue. Got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Reputation: 2086
I am sure it has decreased in Az, but seems many have left the area, and gone to other states. Like here in Wa, where 3 illegals that have been deported and have come back to murder and rape. You think illegals are just in Az, NOT. LA is a cess pool of crime as is many other cities where illegals have gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,860,628 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
"Since a peak in 2000 of more than 600,000 illegal crossers apprehended, the number fell to 241,000 in 2009, Tucson Sector Public Affairs Officer Mario Escalante told CNN. "We've seen a steady decline," he said.

According to FBI statistics, violent crimes reported in Arizona dropped by nearly 1,500 reported incidents between 2005 and 2008. "

Crime stats test rationale behind Arizona immigration law - CNN.com

So what? Let me guess: you are trying to imply that SB 1070 isn't needed.

FAIL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 12:13 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
So being Hispanic means someone is not credible when it comes to this issue. Got it.
It means that they want amnesty/legalization for illegal aliens because most are ethnically like themselves. They fight any attempt at immigration enforcement, tooth and nail. They insult anyone with names like xenophobe, racist, white supremist, etc. who don't share their views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top