U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:08 AM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,031,175 times
Reputation: 265

Advertisements

"details in media reports depicted the slain 17-year-old football star as throwing up gang signs, claiming “IM A Tru G SABG” (True Gangsta, Second Avenue Bloods Gang) and threatening rivals (as a “Crip Killer,” “18 Street Killer,” “Rollin 30’s Killer”): Jamiel Shaw Jr., allegedly slain by an illegal immigrant and then elevated to the status of clean-cut young black man,

someone called “earl5sponge” assembled 900 pictures in an album with an animated logo of the Neighborhood Bloods — N and B dripping blood. That online album contains tributes to Shaw, photos of his friends throwing gang signs next to Shaw’s sidewalk memorial, children brandishing weapons and a shot of a teenager pointing a handgun at another child’s head.

To me, he’s a gang member,” says retired Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department Sergeant Richard Valdemar, a gang expert. After reviewing Shaw’s MySpace antics, he says, “He’s throwing up a two with one hand and a zero with the other, so that’s [Rollin’] 20’s

nickname Deuces Wild. when he was shot and killed, he was wearing a red belt with black skulls and the number 20 associated with the gang. "

Fury Over Jamiel's Law - Page 1 - News - Los Angeles - LA Weekly

A different portrait of Jamiel Shaw II | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:26 AM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Reputation: 22514
Nice try.

-Shaw's son was killed March 2 while walking home -- allegedly by Pedro Espinoza, who had been released from County Jail just hours earlier. Police say Shaw was picked at random -- perhaps as part of a gang loyalty test.

Ask and deport, family urges - Los Angeles Times

-Los Angeles police officials described the killing as random and senseless, cutting down a youth who had been doing everything right in his life -- from hitting the books to never missing church to inspiring the Los Angeles High Romans to last year's Southern League title.

A police spokeswoman said two Latino men pulled up in a car, jumped out, asked Jamiel if he belonged to a gang, and shot him when he didn't answer. She said Jamiel was not affiliated with a gang and that detectives had no suspects.

A youth 'on track' until fatal gunfire - Los Angeles Times

What you are doing by trying to defame someone who cannot even defend himself to further your agenda is quite frankly, disgusting.

BTW - I didn't see anything about "anti immigrant zealots" in either of your posted links. Would you care to elaborate on how you came up with this title and assertion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:30 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
"Anti-"immigrant" zealots? Who would they be? Sounds like someone trying to blur the lines between legal and illegal again. So typical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:32 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
Reputation: 47449
anyone that opposes illegal immigration gets named called.
thats ok, you can do that, but do it in your own country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,731 posts, read 5,935,503 times
Reputation: 1328
Is it Anti-Immigrant Zealot or Anti-open border chaos/Amnesty???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,131,214 times
Reputation: 5685
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Nice try.

-Shaw's son was killed March 2 while walking home -- allegedly by Pedro Espinoza, who had been released from County Jail just hours earlier. Police say Shaw was picked at random -- perhaps as part of a gang loyalty test.

Ask and deport, family urges - Los Angeles Times

-Los Angeles police officials described the killing as random and senseless, cutting down a youth who had been doing everything right in his life -- from hitting the books to never missing church to inspiring the Los Angeles High Romans to last year's Southern League title.

A police spokeswoman said two Latino men pulled up in a car, jumped out, asked Jamiel if he belonged to a gang, and shot him when he didn't answer. She said Jamiel was not affiliated with a gang and that detectives had no suspects.

A youth 'on track' until fatal gunfire - Los Angeles Times

What you are doing by trying to defame someone who cannot even defend himself to further your agenda is quite frankly, disgusting.

BTW - I didn't see anything about "anti immigrant zealots" in either of your posted links. Would you care to elaborate on how you came up with this title and assertion?
Well how low can the media go? Pretty low I guess when they start to paint a good kid as a gang banger simply because he is black. Wonder when the leadership will wake up to the fact that not only are the illegals pushing for turf, they are pushing to take over your country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 AM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,031,175 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
She said Jamiel was not affiliated with a gang and that detectives had no suspects.

A youth 'on track' until fatal gunfire - Los Angeles Times
From the same source you provided, months later, after some investigation. I don't know if Jamiel, aka, Deuces Wild, was a member of the Bloods, what is a fact is that he associated with them, displayed gang signs, and wore gang paraphanelia. At the very least he had sympathy for the thug life and portrayed himself as one. If I had a nickel for every time the parent of a gangbanger denied her son being in a gang.

Quote:
In recent weeks, some have questioned whether Jamiel's alleged gang associations may have had more to do with the killing than race.

When he was killed, Jamiel Shaw II, 17, was wearing a red belt emblazoned with black skulls and a crudely written "20," used by the Rollin' 20s, a Bloods gang, a police officer testified during a downtown Los Angeles court hearing. The officer, a gang expert, said images kept on Jamiel's iPod also included symbols associated with the same gang and other signs disparaging its rivals.

But police claim that Shaw's alleged killer, undocumented immigrant Pedro Espinoza, 19, has ties to the 18th Street gang, a rival of the Bloods.

Last edited by Holdencaulfield; 06-03-2010 at 11:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 12:37 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Reputation: 22514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
From the same source you provided, months later, after some investigation. I don't know if Jamiel, aka, Deuces Wild, was a member of the Bloods, what is a fact is that he associated with them, displayed gang signs, and wore gang paraphanelia. At the very least he had sympathy for the thug life and portrayed himself as one. If I had a nickel for every time the parent of a gangbanger denied her son being in a gang.
Your quoted article was written by - wait for it - Jesus Sanchez.

Gee, I never saw that one coming....

You still have not explained where the tie in to "anti immigrant zealots" is - good luck with that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 12:39 PM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,031,175 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Your quoted article was written by - wait for it - Jesus Sanchez.

Gee, I never saw that one coming....

You still have not explained where the tie in to "anti immigrant zealots" is - good luck with that too.
Why does the race or ethnicity of the author matter? You guys keep bring ethnicity and/or race up. Why?

By the way the first article was written by Annette Stark, which I presume is more credible because she is White.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 02:29 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Why does the race or ethnicity of the author matter? You guys keep bring ethnicity and/or race up. Why?

By the way the first article was written by Annette Stark, which I presume is more credible because she is White.
Naw, I put both racist ethnocentrics and far left liberal whites and other races in the same catagory. None of them give a damn about this country. They have their own agendas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top