Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 03:07 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
It's a forum about illegal immigration, and people like you claim that the only reason people want the law enforced is because of racism against Hispanics and a mischaracterization of the innocent illegal (get it?) Hispanics. As a result, there are a lot of posts about Hispanics. There are certainly some here that are racist, but the majority are not. You feel free to lob cries of racism to anyone that disagrees with you, the latest being over a mistake about the identity of two performers. Some people just disagree with you regardless of race.
Fair enough and I might have jumped the gun regarding the mix up with R Kelly and Kayne West. After reading dozens of posts about race wars being waged by Latinos, and how virtually all of Hispanics are all the same, it's easy to start seeing racism in places where it is not.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:24 PM

131 posts, read 420,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Fair enough and I might have jumped the gun regarding the mix up with R Kelly and Kayne West. After reading dozens of posts about race wars being waged by Latinos, and how virtually all of Hispanics are all the same, it's easy to start seeing racism in places where it is not.
No offense really taken here, but I used to respect your difference in opinion. But your lack of intelligent responses, unaltered citations, and ability to twist the words of people on this board have convinced me that you are just a foul human being.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:26 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekygisela View Post
No offense really taken here, but I used to respect your difference in opinion. But your lack of intelligent responses, unaltered citations, and ability to twist the words of people on this board have convinced me that you are just a foul human being.
I try, thank you.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:31 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times
Hot Topic SB-1070

Rappers looking for some media time...

I can't wait to see their comments on the Gulf oil spill

OH that will be next month when this media frenzy cools off

Old 06-03-2010, 03:34 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Low IQ's or not, these musicians have hundreds of thousands of fans with income. If they refuse to have concerts in AZ and hold them in neighborhing states this will have a negative impact on AZ. Anyone with an average IQ would see this.
Conversely, fans with income who support the AZ law can stop buying their records and attending their concerts throughout the whole US, not just the state of AZ. Who do you think will suffer a greater loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Kanye "Imma Let You Finish" West at his best:

I'mma Let You Finish.com

Old 06-03-2010, 03:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
You know i am just sick and tired of the atmosphere, with these Celebrities, and Musicians alike, they think that their opinions, IS SACRED, and that all must listen to them are suppose to automatically agree with what their stance on the issues are Wrong, we are each individuals with our own minds, and just because i happen to like a group or a celebrity, does not mean that what comes out of their mouth, i am suppose to agree with, as it is with some. And just what makes any of them EXPERTS!

Old 06-03-2010, 03:39 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times
Quote:
They will be joined by other rockers such as Sonic Youth, Kanye West, Cypress Hill, Conor Oberst, Massive Attack, Tenacious D, Ozomatli, Joe Satriani, Rise Against, etc..

Kanye West, Tenacious D part of Arizona boycott - USATODAY.com

OMG LOL who cares!

Old 06-03-2010, 05:05 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You know i am just sick and tired of the atmosphere, with these Celebrities, and Musicians alike, they think that their opinions, IS SACRED, and that all must listen to them are suppose to automatically agree with what their stance on the issues are Wrong, we are each individuals with our own minds, and just because i happen to like a group or a celebrity, does not mean that what comes out of their mouth, i am suppose to agree with, as it is with some. And just what makes any of them EXPERTS!

Celebrities should stick to appearing on celluloid.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
And when other states pass laws that are similar what then? Will they only play in a few, or a dozen or 2 dozen states?

Old 06-03-2010, 05:51 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
They will be joined by other rockers such as Sonic Youth, Kanye West, Cypress Hill, Conor Oberst, Massive Attack, Tenacious D, Ozomatli, Joe Satriani, Rise Against, etc..

Kanye West, Tenacious D part of Arizona boycott - USATODAY.com
Let's see, Rage Against the Machine held a benefit concert for a cop killer and racist Kanye West. If they're against the law, you know the law can't be all bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration