U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:34 PM

3,810 posts, read 4,538,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
maybe they can trash the big mall.....lots and lots of strollers filled with triplets eating chorizo !
But it's the change they wanted !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 03:04 PM

244 posts, read 734,404 times
All of these boycotts of AZ is absolutely ridiculous. What is so wrong with trying to enforce a law? We have many laws protecting us from criminal activity. Should we protest those laws too?

Old 06-04-2010, 03:05 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,872,063 times
I think we should send them a couple of million illegals.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:39 AM

346 posts, read 617,695 times
Quote:
Kruzan said it's unlikely Bloomington will end any existing contracts. A subsidiary of Phoenix-based Republic Services provides Bloomington's trash service.
this is lolztastic.
But Bloomington, I thought you wanted to boycott Arizona?? Surely you could boycott your trash service, right? I mean, stay true to your cause.

All these boycotts are weak and lame. They are only passed to "Look good" to liberals, but have no actual threat to them, and I couldn't be happier. Stay strong, Arizona!

Old 06-24-2010, 08:12 AM

1 posts, read 506 times
Bloomington Mayor Kruzan and his council DO NOT reflect the views of all the folks in Indiana. I doubt anyone in any state wants to make sure "illegals" get free health care, free Social Security benefits, fill up the police reports (they seem to drink and drive in my area) and take US dollars back to a country that doesn't want them. I'm personally with Arizona. Don't count on your government to be there for you in your old age. They've made it clear that the US will take care of everybody as long as the working class will put up with it. Go Arizona!!! Remember to Vote in November. Just say "no" to lifer lawmakers.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:42 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,373,161 times
Boy that should make a difference'Bloomington.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:33 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,247,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
(they are aware AZ's law is only following the federal law, right?)
Most liberals don't know that because their preferred news choices refuse to report that

Old 06-25-2010, 01:16 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,965,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I think we should send them a couple of million illegals.
yes.....each one teeming with nasty microbes.....

Let's go to the mall !!!

Old 06-25-2010, 02:09 PM

57 posts, read 70,468 times
Indiana? That's flyover country. Nobody cares about Indiana. Do they even have electricity there, or is it like Mexico?

Old 06-25-2010, 05:40 PM

10,658 posts, read 11,387,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Now even a city fro somewhat conservative states like Indiana has joined the boycott of Arizona:

Bloomington joins Arizona boycott over new law

"BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Elected officials in the city that hosts the main campus of Indiana University plan to boycott Arizona businesses over that state's new Immigration law.

In a recent letter to Arizona's governor, the city of Bloomington said it will not purchase goods or services from businesses headquartered in Arizona or send city officials to conferences there. The letter was signed by Mayor Mark Kruzan, the city clerk, and eight city council members."

Bloomington joins Arizona boycott over new law - chicagotribune.com

Bloomington is hardly a conservative town. It is a very liberal college town with Indiana University. John Mellencamp lives not to far from there and was a big Obama supporter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration