U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 02:44 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i think the problem lays in generalizing that to the whole lot. generalizations never work. i liken it to the generalizations i have read here about black folk and crime. they say "well such and such people are incarcerated in high numbers, therefore bla bla bla" thats where the problem is. not necessarily in pointing out facts, but in assuming that this represents the whole of hispanics. i oft said, "blacks are not a monolith" "latinos are not a monlith" a simple last name(or skin pigmentation) does not indicate any political leaning or feeling towards illegals. people here like to present a latino last name, while never mentioning the strong coalitions between blacks and other liberal folk (many white).

it would be better to keep the conversation free of idiotic generalizations(like the ones about "mexican culchur" and "ppl").
I know for a fact that many Hispanics do not support illegal immigration. However, the fact that groups that purport to represent “Hispanics” are threatening to vote against any politician who supports border security, enforcement of immigration laws, and deportations, doesn’t help the image of Hispanics in general.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:47 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,971,872 times
Geek And Poke: The History Of Social - Chapter 1

Old 06-04-2010, 02:52 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,090,724 times
and what of those black leaders and orgs siding with these hispanic orgs. do they also do a disservice to the black community and its image? or the asians in alliance? them too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I know for a fact that many Hispanics do not support illegal immigration. However, the fact that groups that purport to represent “Hispanics” are threatening to vote against any politician who supports border security, enforcement of immigration laws, and deportations, doesn’t help the image of Hispanics in general.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:56 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The Supreme Court, The Federal Government, and State's Legislatures are Hispanic? cool.
The illegals hide in the homes of judges? State legislators? Oh they hide in the closets in fed court houses. Judges sneak them food between trials.
Okay I stand corrected.
Its not family members or friends who provide shelter, feed and find them jobs when they first arrive.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:59 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,033,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You mean like the pro-illegals calling us anti's xenophobes and racists? Pot, kettle, black.
If the hood fits

Old 06-04-2010, 06:44 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
If the hood fits
It doesn't for the most part but that doesn't stop the pro-illegals from hurling unfounded insults anyway. The one that really cracks me up is calling any anti-illegal a "xenophobic" when that means a fear of strangers. We have just about every race and ethnicity living in this country and have since its founding so who the hell is xenophobic and what does that have to do with ILLEGAL immigration?

Old 06-04-2010, 06:48 PM

364 posts, read 184,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
If the hood fits
if tha brown beret fits
la raza ppl are racsist
many times

Old 06-04-2010, 06:54 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,094,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The illegals hide in the homes of judges? State legislators? Oh they hide in the closets in fed court houses. Judges sneak them food between trials.
Okay I stand corrected.
Its not family members or friends who provide shelter, feed and find them jobs when they first arrive.

LOL...now that's funny.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:50 PM

378 posts, read 357,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And don't forget the countless groups and organizations, including La Raza and LULAC and MALDEF waiting in the wings to help run interference for anyone in THEIR race.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:57 PM

706 posts, read 797,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It doesn't for the most part but that doesn't stop the pro-illegals from hurling unfounded insults anyway. The one that really cracks me up is calling any anti-illegal a "xenophobic" when that means a fear of strangers. We have just about every race and ethnicity living in this country and have since its founding so who the hell is xenophobic and what does that have to do with ILLEGAL immigration?

That's a typical response from the "guilty white liberals who would prefer to ignore the rule of law and sit singing kum-hay-ah while saving the whales and reading saul alinsky...And of course, the race card is the only arguement left in the deck for the racist ANGLOPHOBIC race baiters.....

Of course, this is only my opinion.

Borderlord
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration