Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 09:27 AM

582 posts, read 2,038,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
The simple response to this article is......if they are illegal then they deserve to be deported as well. Worksite/ immigration enforcement is needed for the Irish as well...

The key word here is "illegal", not "hispanic", not "irish".....a point intentionally overlooked by the pro-illegal faction in their continual weak attempt to blur the issue..
I am not disagreeing with illegal immigration.I am just making sure "ilegal is ilegal" no matter where the F you are from...Let's not forget our "white illegals" that for some very strange reason get a "free pass" on this forum.
Maybe somebody can clear that up for me...And i don't want to hear "because there are more of them" That has got to be the most "moronic" excuse i have ever heard.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:29 AM

53 posts, read 29,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
For the record: I am Hispanic American, and support America's immigration laws. I do however notice a trend amongst my people that tend to favor illegal immigration. It's not bias, it's more "expected" now. Any article by a Sanchez or Gonzalez will usually denounce America as racist or post a SOB story.

This is the last topic you post that I am replying to, because race is all you seem to be infatuated with and it's getting old and tired.
Not quite, there is still quite a few Uncle Juans, especially in Texas and Southwestern states. They seem to be growing in numbers. Some of the most racist statements against Latinos come from Mexican Americans. Many even deny their roots and claim that they are really Europeans (Spanish) whose ancestors ended up in Mexico. Doesn't matter that they look like stone cold Mexicans, even with the fake blond hair and tinted contact lenses.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Every article that is presented is screened to make sure the author is Hispanic, and if it is a common response is, "What do you expect" Why does that person's surname or ethnicity matter? As if being Hispanic means you don't have any credibility.
What are you talking about and where did you get this crazy idea? What makes you think there is a bias against them?

Nita

Old 06-05-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus View Post
Blacks too.
Not just Hispanics.

I think that this forum allows people to vent their wacky and racist views w/o the threat of having their views (and possible noses) rearranged.
Which IS freedom of speech.
and you think most on here are racists? Can you give all of us some idea as to why you are saying that? Are you a racist and against who?

Nita

Old 06-05-2010, 11:15 AM

358 posts, read 395,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I know you treat people fairly, AZLiam but that doesn't mean others don't go out of their way to call me names [ie "beaner"] especially private messages. But I don't complain because racists are fools who must resort to name-calling because they lack in so many other areas.
Whaaaaat? Who on here has ever needed to resort to the race card to refute your arguments? could you please post examples? it's just that I find it very very hard to believe, and if someone is calling you racial slurs they need to be banned.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:24 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times
Some people seem to want to continue to associate Hispanics and racial prejudice .TWO different issues my friends,, I say let the people here LEGALLY stay and the other 98% of the hispanics can be rounded up and deported. TWO different issues my fine feathered friends...Legals and ILLEGALS

Old 06-05-2010, 11:25 AM

358 posts, read 395,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
I am not disagreeing with illegal immigration.I am just making sure "ilegal is ilegal" no matter where the F you are from...Let's not forget our "white illegals" that for some very strange reason get a "free pass" on this forum.
Maybe somebody can clear that up for me...And i don't want to hear "because there are more of them" That has got to be the most "moronic" excuse i have ever heard.
Easy enough. Studies show Hispanics do not assimilate or thrive in the United States, but do worse off at least for the first four generations. We have immigration laws in place to balance out the supply and demand, and these are ignored by Hispanic's on a huge scale.. couple that with the approx. 80% of illegal immigrants being from Mexico and Latin America... well it's no big secret Americans are fed up. The only "moronic" thing would be to ignore the facts and huge glaring problem of illegal migration.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:44 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times
I say we go get some rope and chains and start roundin these invading law breaking illegals up......

Old 06-05-2010, 11:46 AM

364 posts, read 244,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Creole View Post
Not quite, there is still quite a few Uncle Juans, especially in Texas and Southwestern states. They seem to be growing in numbers. Some of the most racist statements against Latinos come from Mexican Americans. Many even deny their roots and claim that they are really Europeans (Spanish) whose ancestors ended up in Mexico. Doesn't matter that they look like stone cold Mexicans, even with the fake blond hair and tinted contact lenses.
yup
if i was a american chicano
i would be a uncle juan
if it ment flippin off
ilegal aliens an there pals
ilegal mexicans hurt tha rep
of americans specialy latino ppl

Old 06-05-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Some people seem to want to continue to associate Hispanics and racial prejudice .TWO different issues my friends,, I say let the people here LEGALLY stay and the other 98% of the hispanics can be rounded up and deported. TWO different issues my fine feathered friends...Legals and ILLEGALS
Exactly and that is what so many do not seem to understand. Most of us are not racists, we do not refer to anyone on this board or anywhere else in any negative way because they happen to be black, brown, hispanic, or anything else. We do dislike illegals and those who defend illegals.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration