U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2010, 04:10 PM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,031,800 times
Reputation: 265

Advertisements

Every article that is presented is screened to make sure the author is Hispanic, and if it is a common response is, "What do you expect" Why does that person's surname or ethnicity matter? As if being Hispanic means you don't have any credibility.

 
Old 06-03-2010, 04:11 PM
 
683 posts, read 323,851 times
Reputation: 231
Stop trolling this forum.
 
Old 06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
 
Location: Fort Wayne
470 posts, read 960,553 times
Reputation: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Every article that is presented is screened to make sure the author is Hispanic, and if it is a common response is, "What do you expect" Why does that person's surname or ethnicity matter? As if being Hispanic means you don't have any credibility.
Blacks too.
Not just Hispanics.

I think that this forum allows people to vent their wacky and racist views w/o the threat of having their views (and possible noses) rearranged.
Which IS freedom of speech.
 
Old 06-03-2010, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, CA
131 posts, read 349,658 times
Reputation: 57
 
Old 06-03-2010, 07:49 PM
 
364 posts, read 184,558 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Every article that is presented is screened to make sure the author is Hispanic, and if it is a common response is, "What do you expect" Why does that person's surname or ethnicity matter? As if being Hispanic means you don't have any credibility.
mexican names
now have a bad rap
bummer since not all ppl
with them names are traiters
 
Old 06-03-2010, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,952,618 times
Reputation: 3083
There is ? Sorry, must be your point of view (maybe you could remove your you know what from your you know where so you can see better)
 
Old 06-03-2010, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,731 posts, read 5,938,786 times
Reputation: 1328
Lets ignore all these posts about "racism" from the OP.
I wont respond to any more of his threads.
 
Old 06-03-2010, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 7,833,147 times
Reputation: 1802
I get nasty comments because I am Latino. It is racism plain and simple.
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,361 posts, read 7,057,322 times
Reputation: 3973
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I get nasty comments because I am Latino. It is racism plain and simple.
Oh please! Is it not possible that people can get nasty responses because they are nasty to begin with? That seems pretty cut and dry to me, or as you put it, plain and simple. I'm frankly tired of some people blaming everything wrong with their lives on some silly notion that it is based solely on others' perception of them because of their race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Every article that is presented is screened to make sure the author is Hispanic, and if it is a common response is, "What do you expect" Why does that person's surname or ethnicity matter? As if being Hispanic means you don't have any credibility.
What is it with you and absolutes???

Last edited by AZLiam; 06-03-2010 at 10:57 PM..
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:38 PM
 
53 posts, read 21,035 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I get nasty comments because I am Latino. It is racism plain and simple.
Most discussions about immigration are bound to attract the Ku Klux Klan faction, I see this in virtually every blog, even newspaper blogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top