U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
I really wanted to name the thread "This scares the crap out of me" but decided to show some decorum.
hahahhahahhaha plus 1 for the laugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 09:22 PM

220 posts, read 191,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Gov. Brewer Says She, Obama Agree to Work Together - AOL News

This is what's bothering me most:

Sorry about it being an AOL story. That was the only http address.

Anyway, it looks like Obama is going for amnesty as soon as he can get the votes after this November.

And I don't know about any of you, but I am having trouble finding out where some of the Republican candidates in my state stand on the issue. Seems some, not all, are playing it pretty safe right now.

ahhh, this explains it all. The author is a CONservative with an agenda: http://www.conservativeblogwatch.com...ne-superville/
a bit bias.

Just very frustrating.......

The president favors a comprehensive approach that would both tighten access to the border and help millions of illegal immigrants in the U.S. become citizens

notice how the author of this article does not use quotes? A bit misleading if you ask me.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:23 PM

358 posts, read 332,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post
The president favors a comprehensive approach that would both tighten access to the border and help millions of illegal immigrants in the U.S. become citizens

notice how the author of this article does not use quotes? A bit misleading if you ask me.
I believe the author is going off of Obama's platform of "comprehensive immigration reform".. unless it's another lie by Obama.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:24 PM

220 posts, read 191,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
I believe the author is going off of Obama's platform of "comprehensive immigration reform".. unless it's another lie by Obama.

ahh, now lookie here. The author is a CONservative with an AGENDA.

Darlene Superville | Conservative Blog Watch

Old 06-03-2010, 09:28 PM

358 posts, read 332,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post
ahh, now lookie here. The author is a CONservative with an AGENDA.

Darlene Superville | Conservative Blog Watch
OH NO!!! The author would NEVER dream of holding Obama to campaign promises.. that would make them another ignorant tea bagger or...or...RACIST!!! Lol.. I was just pointing out the obvious (In terms of Obama's immigration reform) but hey... has Obama not promised amnesty as part of his reform? please show me where I am wrong on that point.. thanks

Old 06-03-2010, 09:40 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,109,579 times
The authors are writing for the AP. And I didn't see any quotes either. But Obama has said that amnesty is an option.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/09/us...s/09immig.html

Although this article is from last year, it spells out his agenda.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:49 PM

378 posts, read 356,941 times
You know what the BOTTOM LINE is on this?

It is outrageous, insane, and just plain WRONG to give ANY illegal alien a free pass.

It is REWARDING A CRIMINAL.

It amazes me how many people seem willing to overlook the FACT that once a person crosses that border, they become an instant CRIMINAL.

And being in this country as an ILLLEGAL, means they are a criminal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

So . . . if they give amnesty to the millions upon millions of illegals in this nation, then what happens to the boundaries for respecting the rule of law?

Can a bank robber then say, oh, I lost my job, no one else would hire me, my family needed food, so I robbed the bank so that my family could have a better life . . .

Can ANY criminal behavior be somehow excused now for the right reason?

Think about this:

In corporations where they have a strict set of company policies as well as claiming to be a "zero-tolerance" company . . . ok, zero tolerance means just that . . . and if one policy is enforced, ALL policies must be enforced and there can be no deviation from the zero-tolerance.

But how many corporations selectively enforce their policies? A lot.

So now, our laws are becoming a mockery, a set of principles which can be twisted and construed for individual, self-serving purposes.

And for the POTUS to engage in this is unconscionable.

REWARD 20 million criminals who KNOWINGLY violated the law by coming into this country, but threaten to fine legal citizens because the government claims they didn't get their census forms in the mail.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:54 PM

3,717 posts, read 4,494,215 times
Well he has two weeks to decide if he works for America

Most likely it takes two weeks for the behind the scene
policy makers to get together and tell him what to do

He's such a embarrassment to the United States of America
and I'm sure Harvard is very proud of how he's using his
education

Actions speak in a 'Misguided' way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration