U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:01 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Creole View Post
Bright enough to know that legal immigrant = resident ALIEN, past or present. Be careful the words you throw around, they might apply to you.
you are correct - resident registered LEGAL alien, with emphasis on the legal part LMAO and oh yeah, I have the documentation to back it up.

Sorry boyo, you're not winning this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 01:14 AM

706 posts, read 797,344 times
Quote:
The first Amendment of the Constitution explicitly prohibits the state from establishing any religion. Anyone with a half a brain understands this to mean separation of Church and state.
Well then, you are certainly qualified to make your incorrect/ false statements.

Third Yawn......

out

Old 06-04-2010, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus View Post
There was a war..and a series of laws in the 1960's that handled that.
Perhaps you missed the memo...
Did you by chance mean 1860s ? Perhaps you're the one that missed the memo

Old 06-04-2010, 09:10 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,094,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Here is a perfect example of today's typical person of U.S. origin; an arrogant sheep who takes it laying down and like it.

Kid, I'm a red-blooded American. I don't run when things get tough unlike you, I stay on my ground and fight for it. That's the difference between you wimps and us true Americans.

Spanish? English, mothafuker, I speak it.

Say What?

Old 06-04-2010, 11:47 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
If they are not immigrants than they are native.
Who is "they"?

Old 06-04-2010, 12:56 PM

The kid's just another one claiming anyone that's not a native American is an "immigrant"

As BL said - yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Old 06-04-2010, 01:18 PM

10,543 posts, read 11,703,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
How DARE these other states (or even the POTUS for that matter) seek to bring down another state's sovereign rights to govern as they see fit?

It is up to the Arizona legislature to make laws to govern their own citizens. It is not up to other states to do this (all federal/state conflicts being equal yada yada) and these protests and so called boycotts just serve to make those states look foolish in the extreme.

Perhaps Az should start telling oh, let me think, Ca and others how to run THEIR states?

I agree with your big picture thoughts on this one. The President and other local and state governments feeling free to declare economic war on another state is a dangerous practice lacking in foresight.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:39 PM

32,911 posts, read 30,173,166 times
Quote:
How DARE these other states (or even the POTUS for that matter) seek to bring down another state's sovereign rights to govern as they see fit?

It is up to the Arizona legislature to make laws to govern their own citizens. It is not up to other states to do this (all federal/state conflicts being equal yada yada) and these protests and so called boycotts just serve to make those states look foolish in the extreme.

Perhaps Az should start telling oh, let me think, Ca and others how to run THEIR states?

Great post and here is an equivalent. There is the 2nd amendment and then all States have different laws governing the ownership, handling and sales of firearms.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:31 AM

exactly.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:56 PM

470 posts, read 962,875 times
Quote:
Did you by chance mean 1860s ? Perhaps you're the one that missed the memo
No..
I meant 1960's.
Civil Rights Act.
Fair Housing Act
Voting Rights Act.

Yep...1960's ended the "states rights" nonsense for most.
I did say MOST,didn't I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or