U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 07:34 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,098,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
What makes you so sure? Unless they are friends or relatives of yours, you have NO idea about the character and knowledge and true feelings of other Texans on this forum.
When did I ever say this forum...I talk to Texans all week from all over the
State...

I travel the State...I dont need this forum to make my impressions of the State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I'm from Texas and I don't favor Texas joining Arizona in state-sponsored racism.
There is no reason Texas would have a Law like Arizona. Arizona has a long history of "Boom or Bust" economies. There are Ghost Towns that are monuments to that fact. Moderen Arizona has learned the Federal Goverment is their stop-gap. There is nothing wrong in that, but Arizona needs to honest and say they are flat broke. They also need to stop blamming undocumented aliens for all their ills.

If Texans feel they need an Arizona type law, I would like to know what is the reason? Do they feel that Day Loborers are over-taking a town? Is there rampant alien activity in there sector? To what gain?

Old 06-05-2010, 08:46 AM

61,173 posts, read 31,007,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

If Texans feel they need an Arizona type law, I would like to know what is the reason? Do they feel that Day Loborers are over-taking a town? Is there rampant alien activity in there sector? To what gain?

Day Laborers?

You have no clue. None what so ever.

Illegals pushed me out of home framing in 1988. That is not day laborers

Illegals pushed me out of Carpet installations in 1999. That is not day laborers.

Today they are pushing hard on my wood flooring installation business. That is not day laborers.

Helping a buddy who just had a stroke, while my floor installations are slow. The illegals are welding up water supply pipe in Cedar Park. That is not day laborers.

Those are all jobs Americans can no longer AFFORD to do.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:31 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,183,907 times
Quote:
There is no reason Texas would have a Law like Arizona. Arizona has a long history of "Boom or Bust" economies. There are Ghost Towns that are monuments to that fact. Moderen Arizona has learned the Federal Goverment is their stop-gap. There is nothing wrong in that, but Arizona needs to honest and say they are flat broke. They also need to stop blamming undocumented aliens for all their ills.

If you think that illegals are only day laborers then you aren't being honest here. Another reason illegals need to be sought out and deported in every state is because of the social services they use, welfare they are collecting through their anchors, emergency medical care, birthing of their numerous babies, education and whole slew of taxpayer benefits they are getting.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Yac

5,882 posts, read 6,314,758 times
The topic isn't who is from Texas, why and why not. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.
Just a reminder.
Yac.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If you think that illegals are only day laborers then you aren't being honest here. Another reason illegals need to be sought out and deported in every state is because of the social services they use, welfare they are collecting through their anchors, emergency medical care, birthing of their numerous babies, education and whole slew of taxpayer benefits they are getting.
sb1070-

section 5

A. IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR AN OCCUPANT OF A MOTOR VEHICLE THAT IS STOPPED[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]7 ON A STREET, ROADWAY OR HIGHWAY TO ATTEMPT TO HIRE OR HIRE AND PICK UP[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]8 PASSENGERS FOR WORK AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION IF THE MOTOR VEHICLE BLOCKS OR[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]9 IMPEDES THE NORMAL MOVEMENT OF TRAFFIC.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]10 B. IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR A PERSON TO ENTER A MOTOR VEHICLE THAT IS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]11 STOPPED ON A STREET, ROADWAY OR HIGHWAY IN ORDER TO BE HIRED BY AN OCCUPANT[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]12 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE AND TO BE TRANSPORTED TO WORK AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION IF[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]13 THE MOTOR VEHICLE BLOCKS OR IMPEDES THE NORMAL MOVEMENT OF TRAFFIC.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]14 C. IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR A PERSON WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]15 STATES AND WHO IS AN UNAUTHORIZED ALIEN TO KNOWINGLY APPLY FOR WORK, SOLICIT[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]16 WORK IN A PUBLIC PLACE OR PERFORM WORK AS AN EMPLOYEE OR INDEPENDENT[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]17 CONTRACTOR IN THIS STATE.[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/LEFT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

this is arizona's day laborer section that I was refering to...

this restricts American day laborers. Texas already has in place E-verfy for all state contracted emlpoyees.

Texas does not need this law.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,183,907 times
Quote:
sb1070-

section 5

A. IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR AN OCCUPANT OF A MOTOR VEHICLE THAT IS STOPPED[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]7 ON A STREET, ROADWAY OR HIGHWAY TO ATTEMPT TO HIRE OR HIRE AND PICK UP[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]8 PASSENGERS FOR WORK AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION IF THE MOTOR VEHICLE BLOCKS OR[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]9 IMPEDES THE NORMAL MOVEMENT OF TRAFFIC.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]10 B. IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR A PERSON TO ENTER A MOTOR VEHICLE THAT IS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]11 STOPPED ON A STREET, ROADWAY OR HIGHWAY IN ORDER TO BE HIRED BY AN OCCUPANT[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]12 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE AND TO BE TRANSPORTED TO WORK AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION IF[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]13 THE MOTOR VEHICLE BLOCKS OR IMPEDES THE NORMAL MOVEMENT OF TRAFFIC.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]14 C. IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR A PERSON WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]15 STATES AND WHO IS AN UNAUTHORIZED ALIEN TO KNOWINGLY APPLY FOR WORK, SOLICIT[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]16 WORK IN A PUBLIC PLACE OR PERFORM WORK AS AN EMPLOYEE OR INDEPENDENT[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]17 CONTRACTOR IN THIS STATE.[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/LEFT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

this is arizona's day laborer section that I was refering to...

this restricts American day laborers. Texas already has in place E-verfy for all state contracted emlpoyees.

Texas does not need this law.
Day labor jobs for American standing on corners begging for work is illegal also unless the hiree has filled out the necessary tax forms with the potential employer.

E-verify needs to be mandated across the board for all employers not just state ones.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:07 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,183,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Day Laborers?

You have no clue. None what so ever.

Illegals pushed me out of home framing in 1988. That is not day laborers

Illegals pushed me out of Carpet installations in 1999. That is not day laborers.

Today they are pushing hard on my wood flooring installation business. That is not day laborers.

Helping a buddy who just had a stroke, while my floor installations are slow. The illegals are welding up water supply pipe in Cedar Park. That is not day laborers.

Those are all jobs Americans can no longer AFFORD to do.
Amen to all the above. We have an industry that needs skilled workers. The building industry will come back in time and we always have a shortage of drywallers, roofers and especially skilled masons. Trade schools need to come back and train young people here who are not inclined towards higher education. We have watched in CA American business owners in the above mentioned fields, lose their business because they can't compete with the low wage paying businesses that hire illegals. This is slave labor and I don't know why the supporters of illegals ignore this fact. You can be sure when they are granted amnesty that they will join unions and strike to gain better wages and drive the cost up. If we are to pay higher wages they should go to Americans and legal guest workers. We would willingly pay more for housing if it were built by Americans and the economy would adjust to it. As it stands now the illegals suppress the other workers pay.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:19 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,366,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Whether you choose to believe it or not, illegals are no longer welcome by the majority of citizens of this country. Perry will either change his pandering stance, or suffer the consequences.

It’s bad enough illegals have taken advantage of a law intended to offer an education to the children of legal migrant workers. Under no circumstances should they be entitled to receive a tax-funded college education. It is precisely these nonsensical “perks” that entice illegals to enter this country and rape taxpayers.
And thank you for such a truthful statement. It is outrageous that illegals take Our Country so much for Granted, and expect so much in return........ for what being here illegally, i just don't understand their thinking. They should not be able to receive a tax-funded college education at all. They should not be offered any perks at all, is this just "A SET UP" PERHAPS SOME ARE THINKING AHEAD, AND SEE VOTES! AT THIS POINT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS DOING, HONESTLY. Someone with ----- has got to set this situation straight, and it needs to happen NOW, the more you put this off, the worse off our Country will be.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:49 AM

358 posts, read 333,650 times
Quote:

"Hispanics account for the fastest growing segment of Texas’ population and will likely make up the majority by the year 2020. Disparities in income and education between Hispanics and other ethnic groups may be a challenge to Texas and its resources. The state could reduce such socioeconomic differences through increased educational attainment and training so that in coming decades, the state’s workforce will continue to be one of the most competitive in the nation."
The Changing Face of Texas: Population Projections and Implications - The Face of Texas - Economic Research - FRB Dallas
I would strongly suggest you read the entire article, then maybe you will have a better understanding of Texas in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration