Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 05:44 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,532,288 times

Advertisements

Facts reported.

Quote:
Many Americans are not aware that Arizona is the ground zero of illegal immigration.
Quote:
Phoenix is now America’s capital for human smuggling and the kidnapping.
More than 240 incidents were reported in 2008.
It’s little wonder Arizona’s police associations favored the bill, but new polls and stats are showing the approach is favored among most Americans.

Quote:
The National Academy of Sciences estimated that each illegal immigrant costs about $100,000 net annual cost to taxpayers.
Quote:
The Heritage Foundation, a Washington, D.C. based think tank estimate future costs for illegal immigrants in the United States will reach a half a trillion dollars.
Quote:
The influx of illegal immigrants has successfully "imported about 10 million high school dropouts into the United States," said Robert Rector, a senior research fellow in welfare and family issues Heritage Foundation.
Yet I am sure those who advocate for the perpetuation of illegal aliens invading this Nation will argue some moot point as they usually do when presented with fact.

Texans join Arizona and other Americans in reviewing the facts about illegal immigration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 07:28 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,827,409 times
The Texas Republican candidate for Governor[and current Gov] Rick Pery signed into law a bill from the Texas legislature that allows undocumented kids to attend Texas State Colleges if the have been attending Texas Public school. The Kids will be eligible for State funds to attend College.

I dont think Texas thinks like Arizona.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:46 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,528,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The Texas Republican candidate for Governor[and current Gov] Rick Pery signed into law a bill from the Texas legislature that allows undocumented kids to attend Texas State Colleges if the have been attending Texas Public school. The Kids will be eligible for State funds to attend College.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, illegals are no longer welcome by the majority of citizens of this country. Perry will either change his pandering stance, or suffer the consequences.

It’s bad enough illegals have taken advantage of a law intended to offer an education to the children of legal migrant workers. Under no circumstances should they be entitled to receive a tax-funded college education. It is precisely these nonsensical “perks” that entice illegals to enter this country and rape taxpayers.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:03 AM

I love how people from other States are such experts on Texas....

Old 06-04-2010, 10:23 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,463,357 times
I am from Texas and if Perry does not change his stance he will lose my vote along with many other people I know.
He needs to get his head out of his rear and listen to what the majority are saying to him.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:35 AM

8,580 posts, read 10,109,635 times
Quote:
What???

Didn't you just type this:

Quote:

I love how you pick and choose...

Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 PM

378 posts, read 423,836 times
Quote:

YOU do not speak for the majority of true TEXANS.

Perry should have his butt kicked across the border.

Too bad we don't have a Jan Brewer in Texas willing to run for governor.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 PM

378 posts, read 423,836 times
Quote:

Well, uh, YOU certainly are no expert on Texas.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
Well, uh, YOU certainly are no expert on Texas.
I may not be a expert, but Id put my knowledge of Texas agaisnt yours or anyones on this forum anyday...anyday

Old 06-04-2010, 03:13 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,507,394 times
Quote:

Too bad, might help cure the HUGE Texas pending budget deficit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration