Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 03:44 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,176 times

Advertisements

The President, along with Congress and the Senate will need to wake up to the fact that this is a HUGE and important issue for their voting public. Their wishy-washy responses of the past will not stand up to our scrutiny in November. Any of them with any political savvy will realize that their old positions are no longer valid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 03:57 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
Oh now, c'mon folks! You know that the laws are only in place for those of us who actually obey them!

Crime does indeed pay....at least in Obama's world.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:21 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Takes one to know one

Old 06-06-2010, 07:49 PM

18 posts, read 24,215 times
The typical American family has been reduced from the average 4 children in the 60's to the average 2 children now. In recent years American mothers are having children at an older age. There are many more American couples choseing to have no children now then ever. There are more single American adults then ever, and there seem to be more same sex couples then ever before.

As long as these trends continue my friends, expect more undocumented people to keep heading this way.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:51 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfish View Post
The typical American family has been reduced from the average 4 children in the 60's to the average 2 children now. In recent years American mothers are having children at an older age. There are many more American couples choseing to have no children now then ever. There are more single American adults then ever, and there seem to be more same sex couples then ever before.

As long as these trends continue my friends, expect more undocumented people to keep heading this way.
I don't know who an undocumented is but as for illegal aliens are you saying they come here because we need their babies? LOL!

Old 06-06-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't know who an undocumented is but as for illegal aliens are you saying they come here because we need their babies? LOL!
Well, if we can not produce our own babies to keep up with our economy, I guess somebody will have to, either here or elswhere.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Well, if we can not produce our own babies to keep up with our economy, I guess somebody will have to, either here or elswhere.
We don't need anymore people in this country. We need to stabilize our population growth. You are wrong. Americans are procreating at replacement levels. Our birthrates are still nearly double our deathrates. There are more important things than a large economy. A smaller economy to fit a smaller population will make for a lot healthier country in the long run.

I ask again, are you claiming that is the reason that illegals are coming here is to save us from extinction by producing numerious babies on our dime? Surely you jest.

If you really think we are facing extinction don't you think we would increase our quotas on LEGAL immigration? Is it alright if we choose immigrants who are educated and skilled? Or will just any poor peasant's here illegally babies do?

Old 06-06-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We don't need anymore people in this country. We need to stabilize our population growth. You are wrong. Americans are procreating at replacement levels. Our birthrates are still nearly double our deathrates. There are more important things than a large economy. A smaller economy to fit a smaller population will make for a lot healthier country in the long run.

I ask again, are you claiming that is the reason that illegals are coming here is to save us from extinction by producing numerious babies on our dime? Surely you jest.

If you really think we are facing extinction don't you think we would increase our quotas on LEGAL immigration? Is it alright if we choose immigrants who are educated and skilled? Or will just any poor peasant's here illegally babies do?
Well, do you know that most of those babies "our bithrates are nearly double" are born from immigrants, and yes many of them illegal??

Old 06-06-2010, 09:08 PM

364 posts, read 244,262 times
Quote:
once tha anchor baby loop hole
is closed
many o tha ilegal aliens will leave tha usa
ppl want em gone
obama is pissin off to many ppl

Old 06-06-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Well, do you know that most of those babies "our bithrates are nearly double" are born from immigrants, and yes many of them illegal??
I don't have a problem with babies born from parents who are here legally. They are a part of the quotas I was talking about. We don't need illegals here and we sure don't need their numerous babies to keep us from growing extinct. We have over 300 million people in this country already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration