U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:59 AM

10,713 posts, read 11,412,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Which is why it annoys me so much when people on the GOP side vote for and support such people when they are bogus, liberals in disguise. Thats what a RINO is, a liberal with an R next to his name, and I don't support such people. I hated Bush, I hated McCain, especially that nutcase Palin
They aren't "liberals in disguise", they are republicans. The right have been the frontrunners leading the charge for amnesty for years. Cheap labor = good for big business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 06:46 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,859,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfish View Post
Tell me which American is going to pick tobacco, fruits or vegetables, in 100 and above degrees weather for a $5.00 wage?

Likely only the ones who don't have the skills or education to get a better job. If we run out of them there are plently of LEGAL immigrants who will do it.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:07 AM

14,810 posts, read 13,560,227 times
Quote:
The typical American family has been reduced from the average 4 children in the 60's to the average 2 children now. In recent years American mothers are having children at an older age. There are many more American couples choseing to have no children now then ever. There are more single American adults then ever, and there seem to be more same sex couples then ever before.

As long as these trends continue my friends, expect more undocumented people to keep heading this way.
And as long as Hispanic women keep having twice the number of children that white and other demographic groups do, expect that population to keep growing exponentially as well. Population in Russia, Japan, Germany and many other countries is actually decreasing.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Tell me which American is going to pick tobacco, fruits or vegetables, in 100 and above degrees weather for a $5.00 wage?
Legal immigrants, that's who! We have unlimited visas for crop pickers but the farmers refuse to use them because it is cheaper to hire illegal aliens. Illegal aliens aren't just picking crops either and in fact crop pickers only make up 2% of our workforce. The illegals are taking jobs that Americans use to do and are still willing to do for a fair wage such as construction and other blue collar jobs. There is no justification for hiring illegal aliens. It is against the law!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:13 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
It's really not because Obama cares any more about some foreign citizens than he cares about Americans. He doesn't care about either. It's the cheap labor and the NAFTA deals that he cares about. Certain deals were made with NAFTA that Mexico would allow in the corporations knowing millions of it's campesinos would be displaced.

Now if we cut off the flood of people coming over the border, then Mexico could cut off the banks and the Walmarts, and that isn't something Obama would ever allow.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:31 AM

2,731 posts, read 5,936,312 times
Wow,if i read correctly Obama wants the Federal Government only to deal with Immigration.
He is so set on amnesty and more illegal immigration,he feels he has to stop the states..
From making laws.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:38 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,670,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Why is this dumb ass president so hell bent on taking care of everyone except Americans?
PCincorrect !!! ... Your last six words appear to be most accurate !!!

It is most embarrassing and worrisome for the vast majority of America's citizens that HO would seemingly continue to persue such a disasterous and idiotic agenda regarding these "Criminals" otherwise known as "Illegal Aliens" !

It's absolutely mind boggling that America's so called TPOTUS would so arrogantly and ruthlessly seek to simply ignore the "Laws of the Land" regarding the deportation of these "Illegals" and allow the Southern Border to practically remain wide open in many areas !!!

The so called leadership coming from the WH is tragically inadequate for the American Nation at this or any other time period in our unique history !

12 Million and counting "Illegal Aliens" located in America ! + A TPOTUS who thinks it's just OKAY and doesn't appear to give a sheeet ... what the American People have to say about it ... = "Unprecedented Disgrace and Great Peril" for the American People !

An America without effective and actively enforced laws and where our "Political Leadership" and others in authority break the law ... is in final analysis a situation simply that becomes one of survival !
( I think the actor in the Movie "Billy Jack" stated it somewhat like the above) ... Damn good movie with a lot of similarities to todays "Nightmare" conditions regarding our laws and those whom refuse to abide by them !!!

Thanks / Old Lamar

Old 06-07-2010, 07:59 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:

You've pretty much answered your own question. For 5.00 dollars an hour no American. For 15.00 plenty. The reason why it's 5 is because of the illegal horde that has been sneaking in for 25 years. Remove the ability for the cheaters to work and it will once again pay well. Either that or the rotten illegal business owner will go out of business. So be it.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 AM

7,359 posts, read 6,215,390 times
Default Life without Borders

The first real step to world peace is life without borders, eliminating the "We-They." It is time to stop acting like territorial dogs, and practice the love of others that ALL of our world religions guide us to believe.

I praise President Obama for making leadership decisions from which others have shied.

The US has promoted oppression of peoples around the planet, in order to gain access to other nations' natural resources, including their labor. It is only fair that the oppressed peoples of the world find solace in coming here to reap the benefits that their native lands have provided.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:15 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
The first real step to world peace is life without borders, eliminating the "We-They." It is time to stop acting like territorial dogs, and practice the love of others that ALL of our world religions guide us to believe.

I praise President Obama for making leadership decisions from which others have shied.

The US has promoted oppression of peoples around the planet, in order to gain access to other nations' natural resources, including their labor. It is only fair that the oppressed peoples of the world find solace in coming here to reap the benefits that their native lands have provided.
Until other nations allow Americans to migrate to their countries at will and without papers anytime they want get back with us this, ok? I will only wait till hell freezes over though. Is this the only nation that oppressed people can migrate to? I guess some think so as the U.S. is the destinaton for the entire world's impoverished masses. How do you feel about a country with billions living in it rather than the 300 million we already have? You want to kill the goose that laid the golden egg? Your tunnel vision for this country and total lack of understanding about the carrying capacity of this nation is astounding to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or