Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:26 PM

18 posts, read 20,766 times

Advertisements

The reason we have a lower birth rate is the baby boom. Anyone old enough will remember "Over population" was in all the papers back in the late 50's and 60's. Science found new ways to prevent pregnancy and Roe Vs. Wade allowed the abortion of over 40 million babies since.
You think we need illegal aliens having babies? WRONG!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 09:35 PM

555 posts, read 877,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfish View Post
The typical American family has been reduced from the average 4 children in the 60's to the average 2 children now. In recent years American mothers are having children at an older age. There are many more American couples choseing to have no children now then ever. There are more single American adults then ever, and there seem to be more same sex couples then ever before.

As long as these trends continue my friends, expect more undocumented people to keep heading this way.
There is much truth in your words. I just read there have been 57 million abortions since 1973. I am not an economist but I don't see how you can have a continuously expanding economy without a continuously expanding population. If the population is static, what happens to the home building industry and business expansion in general. Wouldn't the stock market tank? How can a business be a growth industry without population growth?

Population is the invisible elephant in the room. Politicians will never say that the reason they want illegals here is to provide labor that cannot be supplied because citizens aren't having enough children.

In other words, we may have screwed ourselves, but immigration must be legally done.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:10 PM

18 posts, read 24,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
There is much truth in your words. I just read there have been 57 million abortions since 1973. I am not an economist but I don't see how you can have a continuously expanding economy without a continuously expanding population. If the population is static, what happens to the home building industry and business expansion in general. Wouldn't the stock market tank? How can a business be a growth industry without population growth?

Population is the invisible elephant in the room. Politicians will never say that the reason they want illegals here is to provide labor that cannot be supplied because citizens aren't having enough children.

In other words, we may have screwed ourselves, but immigration must be legally done.
You see the logic! And I agree that immigration should be legally done…

People in the highest level of every administration, regardless of party affiliation, know it’s a matter of national security to allow immigrants, illegal or non illegal, to enter the country one way or the other. There is too much at stake to be done laboriously that most Americans can't do

Old 06-06-2010, 10:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
But instead of guessing whether Congress "intended" such a result in 1986, there is a simple solution: Have Congress pass a law stating that immigration violations are the one crime that states must not consider for licensing. With massive overwhelming Democratic majorities in both the House and Senate, Democrats can do virtually anything that they want.
I think they realize this won't go over well with the public.

The democrat congress are cowards.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:18 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
The reason why birth rates are low is due to industralization. Once a country reaches a very high level on the Human Development Index, the population growth rate starts to stagnate. We don't need any kind of immigrants to keep our population afloat. There's enough unemployed American citizens to seek jobs, the we need more immigrants is faulty logic. Immigrants are being allowed to come here because they work cheaper than Americans.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:25 PM

18 posts, read 24,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There's enough unemployed American citizens to seek jobs, the we need more immigrants is faulty logic. Immigrants are being allowed to come here because they work cheaper than Americans.
Tell me which American is going to pick tobacco, fruits or vegetables, in 100 and above degrees weather for a $5.00 wage?

Old 06-06-2010, 11:39 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think they realize this won't go over well with the public.

The democrat congress are cowards.
That they are but so are the Republicans. I don't see all the Republican senators and congressman rushing to back Arizona. I wish they were and if there are those backing Arizona, please let me know. I am just not seeing it.

Bush already tried the amnesty thing too. A lot of phone calls hit Washington that day.

It's most pols of both parties that are looking to increase voter registration.

Another thought here. The Electoral College. We all know only the states with highest populations elect the president.
The rest of us don't count. How many millions of possible voters are there now with amnesty? And which states will they most likely settle in?

I haven't heard squat from my Republican senator on illegal immigration. I just got a letter from him the other day on the healthcare legislation. A little late I think.

We need to make sure all our representatives and those in Washington know how we feel.

I wish I could be as optimistic as many on here are that because the majority of the people don't want, it won't happen. I think it just might no matter how we feel.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfish View Post
Tell me which American is going to pick tobacco, fruits or vegetables, in 100 and above degrees weather for a $5.00 wage?
Lots of Americans would be willing to do it, for minimum wage. That's a mainstream media LIE that Americans are not willing to do the job. They are willing, but they are expensive compared to illegal aliens. As far as the free market goes, if they can't find people to pick their tobacco and whatnot, then the free market response is to raise the wages. It's supply and demand my friend.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:30 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
That they are but so are the Republicans. I don't see all the Republican senators and congressman rushing to back Arizona. I wish they were and if there are those backing Arizona, please let me know. I am just not seeing it.

Bush already tried the amnesty thing too. A lot of phone calls hit Washington that day.

It's most pols of both parties that are looking to increase voter registration.

Another thought here. The Electoral College. We all know only the states with highest populations elect the president.
The rest of us don't count. How many millions of possible voters are there now with amnesty? And which states will they most likely settle in?

I haven't heard squat from my Republican senator on illegal immigration. I just got a letter from him the other day on the healthcare legislation. A little late I think.

We need to make sure all our representatives and those in Washington know how we feel.

I wish I could be as optimistic as many on here are that because the majority of the people don't want, it won't happen. I think it just might no matter how we feel.

I agree, the right often make ignorant posts just wanting to blame the left for everything. Bush was heavily backing amnesty, and mccain was the pretty much the spokesperson, calling for amnesty all through his presidential run. If mccain was in office right now, the illegals would be jumping for joy from their new found legality and more benefit rewards for their illegal activity.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree, the right often make ignorant posts just wanting to blame the left for everything. Bush was heavily backing amnesty, and mccain was the pretty much the spokesperson, calling for amnesty all through his presidential run. If mccain was in office right now, the illegals would be jumping for joy from their new found legality and more benefit rewards for their illegal activity.
Which is why it annoys me so much when people on the GOP side vote for and support such people when they are bogus, liberals in disguise. Thats what a RINO is, a liberal with an R next to his name, and I don't support such people. I hated Bush, I hated McCain, especially that nutcase Palin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration