U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:40 PM

9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Forget him, he is from Northern Virginia where everyone thinks illegals are the best thing since sliced bread. I'm celebrating my first month not living there.
I'm afraid that Northern Virginia is not alone in their attitude.

AZ is the only border state that has enough backbone to attempt to really do something about the problem.

New Mexico, with Bill Richardson as governor, would never be anything but pro-illegal alien at the state level. Richardson's mother is a native of Mexico, and he naturally spent time there (Mexico City) off and on over the years, so he is going to be sympathetic to them, and unwilling to do anything but tokenism stuff. He would be for driver's licenses, and anything else that directly benefits illegals. Thank God Richardson cannot run for a third consecutive term--and Denish is not much more than an extension of Richardson.

Texas, with Rick Perry running for a third term (no term limits there) against pro-illegal alien Bill White, is afraid of alienating the Hispanic vote, so he isn't going to do anything this election season, either, at least not until after the election, if he wins again.

California? God bless 'em, they (the people themselves, not their stupid state government) tried, (with various propositions whose numbers I can't recall at this time), but got struck down at every turn. Schwarzenegger may be a Republican (probably geniune RINO), but he's married to the ultra-liberal Kennedy clan, so he's not anywhere near conservative or standard Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 02:25 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
From that article:

Quote:
"When it comes to foreigners, we're a little more strict here," said Alejandro Ruz, director of education at the Mexican Automobile Association.
More proof that Mexico is pimping the U.S. and our dummy politicians are allowing it to happen.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:26 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
If this data is correct, something very very wrong with this picture, and something quickly needs to be done about this stupid situation, and what the hek is wrong with us, to allow this to happen. I doubt Americans can go to another Country, and get a drivers license, that easily, would not happen, other Countries are not as dumb as we are! YES I WILL SAY IT AGAIN DUMB.
Oh it's correct data.

Right from the horse's mouth - the state of NM itself:

If you are not eligible for a social security number, the following are accepted by MVD as proof of identity as long as the document was not also used as proof of identification number

- Matricula Consular card issued after February 1, 2005 by the Mexican Consulate in Albuquerque or El Paso

MVD New Mexico - Licensing - MVD Proof of Identity - No SSN (http://www.mvd.newmexico.gov/Drivers/Licensing/MVD-Proof-of-Identity-No-SSN.html#mid - broken link)

The only other thing needed is fraudulent proof of residency and a mere $18. And the clerks will help you with suggestions for that fake proof of residency in New Mexico. They'll instruct the illegal to just find someone with a similar name (the Mexican tradition of many names comes in handy) or who will put just one utility bill in your name. That is ALL that is needed to prove residency. Then make sure you come and vote in our elections!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:33 AM

232 posts, read 473,739 times
Good grief, I moved from Mass. to NH and had to provide FOUR forms of identification. And I had a valid Mass. license!

1. Valid out-of-state license.
2. Birth Certificate
3. Proof of residency
4. Divorce decree, because my current name doesn't match the name on my birth certificate. Took three friggin trips to the DMV to get all the paperwork right.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:52 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
States Rights.

If the people of New Mexico want to extend to all persons the privilage of a driver's lincence, then it is their business.
Or gun rights or laws that mimic Federal law.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:53 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikaranista View Post
Good grief, I moved from Mass. to NH and had to provide FOUR forms of identification. And I had a valid Mass. license!

1. Valid out-of-state license.
2. Birth Certificate
3. Proof of residency
4. Divorce decree, because my current name doesn't match the name on my birth certificate. Took three friggin trips to the DMV to get all the paperwork right.
Actually your birth cetificate and out of state lincence were all the ID needed. The decree was because your names didnt match, and the proof of residency is just that...not ID.

Remember driving is a privilage...there is always mass transit.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:54 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I'm afraid that Northern Virginia is not alone in their attitude.

AZ is the only border state that has enough backbone to attempt to really do something about the problem.

New Mexico, with Bill Richardson as governor, would never be anything but pro-illegal alien at the state level. Richardson's mother is a native of Mexico, and he naturally spent time there (Mexico City) off and on over the years, so he is going to be sympathetic to them, and unwilling to do anything but tokenism stuff. He would be for driver's licenses, and anything else that directly benefits illegals. Thank God Richardson cannot run for a third consecutive term--and Denish is not much more than an extension of Richardson.

Texas, with Rick Perry running for a third term (no term limits there) against pro-illegal alien Bill White, is afraid of alienating the Hispanic vote, so he isn't going to do anything this election season, either, at least not until after the election, if he wins again.

California? God bless 'em, they (the people themselves, not their stupid state government) tried, (with various propositions whose numbers I can't recall at this time), but got struck down at every turn. Schwarzenegger may be a Republican (probably geniune RINO), but he's married to the ultra-liberal Kennedy clan, so he's not anywhere near conservative or standard Republican.
287 has allowed the Police to get involved, finally.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
States Rights.

If the people of New Mexico want to extend to all persons the privilage of a driver's lincence, then it is their business.
Other states should not allow NM drivers on their roads because it's a sure bet that most people with NM drivers licenses are here illegally and seldom have liability insurance or any kind of driving skills.

And anyone with a NM drivers license cannot use their NM drivers license as proof of citizenship or legal status.

States rights.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:52 AM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,360 times
Is national ID still out of question?

As unconstitutional it may be, it will at least squander the problem.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:55 AM

27,236 posts, read 40,273,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
Seems that to get a license one must have some kind of id's?
How does this happen?
HW
You come in, legally, and just never leave. You have your visa or whatever, get your license, and let the visa expire. Now you have a license and you're illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or