Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 01:04 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times

Advertisements

Hamilton County Law Library: Kentucky Illegal Immigration Test - I was reading this about my state and was surprised to find (after clicking different links on that page and reading) that one of the bases for our being forced to educated undocumented children is the 14th Amendment.

Equal Protection Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yet, after reading the 14th Amendment, I don't see how it supports the education of undocumented immigrants in our states.

http://www.hamilton-co.org/cinlawlib..._complaint.pdf - this is a actual legal complaint that seeks to penalize a local government for providing tax-payer funded non-emergency assistance to illegal immigrants. Just in case anyone is interested in seeing the literature of how something like that goes down. It all made perfect sense too and how the U.S. government couldn't agree with that, I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 02:41 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Hamilton County Law Library: Kentucky Illegal Immigration Test - I was reading this about my state and was surprised to find (after clicking different links on that page and reading) that one of the bases for our being forced to educated undocumented children is the 14th Amendment.

Yet, after reading the 14th Amendment, I don't see how it supports the education of undocumented immigrants in our states.

http://www.hamilton-co.org/cinlawlib..._complaint.pdf - this is a actual legal complaint that seeks to penalize a local government for providing tax-payer funded non-emergency assistance to illegal immigrants. Just in case anyone is interested in seeing the literature of how something like that goes down. It all made perfect sense too and how the U.S. government couldn't agree with that, I don't know.
Who said the equal protection clause was the basis for the Supreme court Ruling on Education?

Old 06-08-2010, 02:50 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
The 1982 U.S. Supreme Court case Plyer v. Doe, which held that
undocumented students have a constitutional right to attend public elementary and secondary school for free, is the sole federal case contemplating the rights of undocumented students in school, save a 1995 federal district court case from California, Le
ague of Latin American Citizens v. Wilson.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:28 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,031 times
It doesn't!!

Old 06-09-2010, 12:16 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Hamilton County Law Library: Kentucky Illegal Immigration Test - I was reading this about my state and was surprised to find (after clicking different links on that page and reading) that one of the bases for our being forced to educated criminal children is the 14th Amendment.

Yet, after reading the 14th Amendment, I don't see how it supports the education of criminal immigrants in our states.

Fixed a couple typos for ya. And I agree with your sentiment. Aiding and abetting a crime used to be a crime itself, guess that's not the case anymore.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
We have to do it because the Supreme Court said so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration