U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2010, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,395 posts, read 8,349,307 times
Reputation: 7679

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I think this is an awesome reminder for people. Talk about hypocrisy. They sell their rights, but want it back now. Well perhaps they should buy it back then by paying for their citizenship.
Uh Oh don't tell the Ruskies about this and Alaska....Seward's folly, you know.

 
Old 06-07-2010, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 7,828,956 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You would be wrong then. There will be no amnesty/legalization of millions of illegal aliens in our country. Do dream on though. You probably think that Arizona's law is stupid because you are an illegal alien sympathizer. Would I be right?
No, you are wrong, again. You confuse reality by suggesting that amnesty means a person wants more illegal immigrants. The 2 issues are entirely separate. If you possibly believe that amnesty won't be provided than you have closed your eyes to history. Right now the focus is on Arizona's mistake and people are getting all fired up over a bad piece of legislation that will likely be invalidated by the federal government. Don't forget that Bush and McCain were for amnesty. They haven't changed their minds just because it is a hot-button issue [though McCain is willing to lie as he panders for votes]. There is no political will for returning immigrants. Like Reagan and every president since him, the current president will provide amnesty.

Closing the border will finally happen and no one disagrees that it must be accomplished.
 
Old 06-07-2010, 12:40 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You would be wrong then. There will be no amnesty/legalization of millions of illegal aliens in our country. Do dream on though. You probably think that Arizona's law is stupid because you are an illegal alien sympathizer. Would I be right?
Amnesty? No

A path to Citizenship? Probably, but since it requires learning English, paying fines, proving you have a job, haven't committed ANY crime and going to the back of the line it won't be adding many more legally. Not many at all.
 
Old 06-07-2010, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,114,767 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Why because they already have?
Nope. I just looked.
 
Old 06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,114,767 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why, are you of Mexican/Hispanic ancestry yourself?
Nope. Not a drop.
 
Old 06-07-2010, 12:56 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,112,973 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Amnesty? No

A path to Citizenship? Probably, but since it requires learning English, paying fines, proving you have a job, haven't committed ANY crime and going to the back of the line it won't be adding many more legally. Not many at all.
How about no amnesty, and no path to citizenship at all, unless they go back to Mexico and follow the proper procedures, like all the other LEGAL immigrants have done. No cutting in line, no nothing
 
Old 06-07-2010, 01:07 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
No, you are wrong, again. You confuse reality by suggesting that amnesty means a person wants more illegal immigrants. The 2 issues are entirely separate. If you possibly believe that amnesty won't be provided than you have closed your eyes to history. Right now the focus is on Arizona's mistake and people are getting all fired up over a bad piece of legislation that will likely be invalidated by the federal government. Don't forget that Bush and McCain were for amnesty. They haven't changed their minds just because it is a hot-button issue [though McCain is willing to lie as he panders for votes]. There is no political will for returning immigrants. Like Reagan and every president since him, the current president will provide amnesty.

Closing the border will finally happen and no one disagrees that it must be accomplished.
Wherever did I say that amnesty means wanting more illegal aliens? I don't care that there has been an amnesty in the past. It isn't going to happen again. Arizona has made no mistake by wanting to protect its own borders and to rid itself of illegal aliens. How can anything that takes the word "illegal" out of the equasion be a mistake? As I said, do dream on that there will be another amnesty because there won't be. The American people will not allow it.

I am not for a closed border. I am for securing the border with the only entry allowed through legal ports.
 
Old 06-07-2010, 01:09 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,112,973 times
Reputation: 11576
Californio by the way, the last time we had an amnesty, what happened? That's right, more Mexicans started to come into the country. Is another amnesty the answer? Well while we're at it, instead of giving more Mexicans amnesty, why don't we just annex the entire country itself? It'd be nice to have more tropical territory
 
Old 06-07-2010, 01:10 PM
 
5,915 posts, read 4,012,369 times
Reputation: 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How about no amnesty, and no path to citizenship at all, unless they go back to Mexico and follow the proper procedures, like all the other LEGAL immigrants have done. No cutting in line, no nothing

I think you're exactly right.
Why should they get a path to citizenship?
What is the answer to that questions?
If there is at all it should be pretty simple, right?
 
Old 06-07-2010, 01:12 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,112,973 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I think you're exactly right.
Why should they get a path to citizenship?
What is the answer to that questions?
If there is at all it should be pretty simple, right?
What I want to ask people who are pro-amnesty, on the left AND right, what makes Mexicans so darn special that they should cut in front of the line? And I'll say it again, so what we give green cards to the millions upon millions Mexicans living here already and we have yet another hoard of a couple million cross over, gee with all this amnesty going on, might as well annex Mexico!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top