U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:14 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,012,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Californio by the way, the last time we had an amnesty, what happened? That's right, more Mexicans started to come into the country. Is another amnesty the answer? Well while we're at it, instead of giving more Mexicans amnesty, why don't we just annex the entire country itself? It'd be nice to have more tropical territory

Do you think all the illegals want to be citizens of the United States?
You'd be surprised to learn how many of them would like to have the USA be annexed to Mexico.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:23 PM

32,800 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
How about no amnesty, and no path to citizenship at all, unless they go back to Mexico and follow the proper procedures, like all the other LEGAL immigrants have done. No cutting in line, no nothing
That's the way it should be but to preserve as much of this new voter block as possible they will make compromises. They'll get tossed a bone but it won't be enough and the anger over it will make them flip flop on parties (again).

Old 06-07-2010, 01:28 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,118,541 times
I think that, the Constitution (or the Immigration laws, whichever applies) should be amended that naturalized citizens do not have the right to vote, I think that should be very appropriate.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:32 PM

20,894 posts, read 13,116,646 times
Quote:
I think that, the Constitution (or the Immigration laws, whichever applies) should be amended that naturalized citizens do not have the right to vote, I think that should be very appropriate.
Or wear little yellow stars so we know who they are.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Or wear little yellow stars so we know who they are.
Right, when you get a US passport it tells you what your country of birth is, genius. It's gonna say your state or territory, followed by USA if you were born here, or it's gonna list the foreign country of your birth. They should make two separate passports, one for US citizens, and a different color scheme for naturalized ones. I don't see what the big deal is. Mexico forbids naturalized citizens from voting in their country, I don't see why we should let them vote here.

Yes Historian Dude, it's in the Mexican law books believe it or not. And also a constitutional mandate for police on ALL levels to verify your legal status for any reason while in Mexico.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:02 PM

7,413 posts, read 7,831,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Wherever did I say that amnesty means wanting more illegal aliens? I don't care that there has been an amnesty in the past. It isn't going to happen again. Arizona has made no mistake by wanting to protect its own borders and to rid itself of illegal aliens. How can anything that takes the word "illegal" out of the equasion be a mistake? As I said, do dream on that there will be another amnesty because there won't be. The American people will not allow it.

I am not for a closed border. I am for securing the border with the only entry allowed through legal ports.
Historically you are wrong. And the very fact that enough Republicans and Democrats favor amnesty should be a hint to you that what you predict is very unlikely. There is not going to be any mass round-up of illegal immigrants. The Catholic church has already made is perfectly clear that it will actively disobey and mobilize resistance to mass deportations. That's just one group who influence legislation.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:05 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,861,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Historically you are wrong. And the very fact that enough Republicans and Democrats favor amnesty should be a hint to you that what you predict is very unlikely. There is not going to be any mass round-up of illegal immigrants. The Catholic church has already made is perfectly clear that it will actively disobey and mobilize resistance to mass deportations. That's just one group who influence legislation.

The catholic church??!! ROFLMMFAO!!

Maybe they should focus on getting their priests to stop mollesting little boys before they get involved in anything else.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:52 PM

20,894 posts, read 13,116,646 times
Quote:
Mexico forbids naturalized citizens from voting in their country, I don't see why we should let them vote here.
Oh?

Show me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed
Yes Historian Dude, it's in the Mexican law books believe it or not. And also a constitutional mandate for police on ALL levels to verify your legal status for any reason while in Mexico.
Cool.

Show me that too.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:02 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Historically I am wrong? What about operaton w*tback? Only the Democrats favor amnesty, hardly any Republicans do. We don't need any mass round-up of illegal aliens. E-verify will make most of them leave along with denying benefits to illegal aliens and re-interpreting birthright citizenship.

Who cares what the Catholic Church will do? They have no political power to stop the above. There are just as many groups on the anti-illegal immigration side that can influence legislation. It was done a couple of years ago when amnesty was being pushed down our throats and it failed due to the public outcry. It will fail again only this time our voices will be even louder and our numbers greater.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Oh?

Show me.

Cool.

Show me that too.
I did my own research to come to my post, so you do your own research and try to refute me. I pointed this out last night too, typical lib comeback of "I don't believe you links please" when you have nothing to argue with. Look it up yourself. Just goes to show you how much libs are lied to watching MSNBC and CNN. just keep on chugging the kool-aid for Obaaaaaaamaaaaaaaa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration