Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 09:12 AM

4,468 posts, read 8,000,731 times

Advertisements

Seems that to get a license one must have some kind of id's?
How does this happen?
HW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 12:01 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,870,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
Seems that to get a license one must have some kind of id's?
How does this happen?
HW
Only seven states – Hawaii, Maine, Michigan, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Washington – allow undocumented immigrants to get driver’s licenses.

Tighter license rules hit illegal immigrants

Yep. New Mexico is among the few. Just sheer idiocy.

You'll never see an illegal alien with any kind of insurance, either. They bring their third-world mentality with them.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:58 PM

801 posts, read 2,211,839 times
Actually...that list is about 3 years old. I think we may be down to only three states now that allow non-citizens to get a drivers license: Washington, New Mexico, and Illinois. Utah now has a special class of license that allows non-citizens to get a license...but it shows that they are not citizens.

Wisconsin Denies Driver's Licenses to Illegal Aliens | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

Old 06-05-2010, 01:30 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Yep. New Mexico is among the few. Just sheer idiocy.

You'll never see an illegal alien with any kind of insurance, either. They bring their third-world mentality with them.
I had an accident in TX several years ago, caused by a car with four illegals in it. Both cars were totaled. Of course they had no insurance. Both cars would still run, and they tried to escape, but I tracked them in my car and called the police. Last time I saw them, they were being carted off in a police car.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I had an accident in TX several years ago, caused by a car with four illegals in it. Both cars were totaled. Of course they had no insurance. Both cars would still run, and they tried to escape, but I tracked them in my car and called the police. Last time I saw them, they were being carted off in a police car.
That doesn't surprise me one bit, Catman.

I just don't see why we put up with this crap. That goes for ALL the southern border states--and the other 46!

Old 06-05-2010, 07:17 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,243,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
That doesn't surprise me one bit, Catman.

I just don't see why we put up with this crap. That goes for ALL the southern border states--and the other 46!
You're not offsetting these costs with the benefits you're getting from the cheaper labor costs they provide us. I'm sure you have non-insured insurance coverage so shouldn't be much of an impact spread out over all the insured. You really shouldn't worry about it unless you have some political agenda you're pushing.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:32 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,184,209 times
Illinois and New Mexico is no surprise. ( Obama and Richardson)

Old 06-05-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
You're not offsetting these costs with the benefits you're getting from the cheaper labor costs they provide us. I'm sure you have non-insured insurance coverage so shouldn't be much of an impact spread out over all the insured. You really shouldn't worry about it unless you have some political agenda you're pushing.
Political agenda? Because I'm not in favor of illegal immigration?

Just what benefits am *I* getting from whatever cheaper labor costs you mention? The only one that has the advantage is the person who directly hires them, not the average consumer.

The fact that I pay for insurance that includes some protection against the non-insured is entirely beside the point. I shouldn't NEED it.

Your comments are extremely naiive, to say the least. Their cheaper labor costs don't even come close to making up what they cost us otherwise in so many ways.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:19 PM

1,732 posts, read 4,449,221 times
There are plenty of uninsured motorists who are not in this country illegally.

Do you have any statistics that prove that most/more/any number of uninsured drivers are here illegally?

Arizona does not issue driver's licenses to those who cannot prove citizenship/legality and the number of uninsured motorists is also high.

it seems, based on this study, that socioeconomic level plays into the percentages significantly.....

http://www.ircweb.org/news/IRC_UM_012109.pdf

Last edited by karmathecat; 06-05-2010 at 08:33 PM..

Old 06-05-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmathecat View Post
There are plenty of uninsured motorists who are not in this country illegally.

Do you have any statistics that prove that most/more/any number of uninsured drivers are here illegally?
All I said was that illegal aliens don't buy insurance of any kind, and that includes car insurance.

I never said that most/more/any number of uninsured drivers are here illegally.

Last edited by Cathy4017; 06-05-2010 at 09:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration