U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:20 PM
 
28 posts, read 26,866 times
Reputation: 17

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So now it's coming to light that this 15 year old was a known human smuggler and made it to the top wanted lists. His last charge was in 2009.

Not so innocent anymore as the truth starts to come out.

FOXNews.com - Mexican Teen Killed on Border Was 'Known Juvenile Smuggler,' Sources Say
What's interesting is not was he a good boy but a hardened criminal.
Then the guts to say :
Mexican President Felipe Calderon said Tuesday that his government "will use all resources available to protect the rights of Mexican migrants."

Migrants, as if they were merely passing from one place to other, little
thing they forgot is its called tresspassing. let us try that there and see what they do to us. guns too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:23 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times
Reputation: 22525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Sure..why not? Just as long as I can gun you and your buddies down while you're doing it.. I mean, that's how it works isn't it? Isn't that what you're trying to justify?

I wonder if you'll feel the same way when you're getting shot at? Somehow, I think all that big talk will turn into the usual wingnut whining..
If someone attacks you with deadly force, by law, you can return deadly self-defense. Have at it.

That's the difference between you and I - I don't have any firearms in my home because that is my choice. At the same time, I don't go around flinging deadly objects at anyone either, and I'd be embarassed beyond belief if I realized I was defending anyone who was criminal and stupid enough to be doing that very thing.

You seem to be under the impression that I am a "wingnut" - I guess you don't know me very well. That's ok - I can recognize pre-judgment and intolerance when I see it.

So - are you going to provide us with your address? According to you, no one should defend themselves if they are being attacked. Or are you going to shoot at me and "my buddies"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 03:00 PM
 
Location: THE USA
3,254 posts, read 5,259,841 times
Reputation: 1982
I think the lesson here is do not throw rocks at police, regardless of what country they are representing, what country you are in, or what country you belong to. Be advised, No countries Police LIKE it when you throw rocks at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 04:37 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,179,786 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I think the lesson here is do not throw rocks at police, regardless of what country they are representing, what country you are in, or what country you belong to. Be advised, No countries Police LIKE it when you throw rocks at them.
That's exactly right. Why no one can understand this? This is a severe situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 04:51 PM
 
1,377 posts, read 3,647,940 times
Reputation: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I think the lesson here is do not throw rocks at police, regardless of what country they are representing, what country you are in, or what country you belong to. Be advised, No countries Police LIKE it when you throw rocks at them.
The lesson here is that MEXICAN parents choose NOT to teach their children to do the LEGAL, moral, and RIGHT things to do.

It's almost like the parents were watching very close by to see if they would make it over or not. Instead of following the law, they CHOOSE to BREAK the LAW, and it's all the parents fault. Stupid does as stupid is taught.

I grew up on the border, and was surrounded by Mexicans and I have been hit on the side of my head with a rock. I had a black eye for weeks and a throbbing headache. It HURTS ALOT!

It's a sad situation for the kid, but when you follow the rules these things wouldn't happen. If they can't follow the rules by getting into the country what makes you think they will follow the rules once they get here. These are EXACTLY the types WE DO NOT WANT HERE!

I also find it amazing how they want to "live" the American dream. Yeah right, have you seen the unemployment rates, the welfare rates, how high insurance rates are. Building an economy takes ALOT of work, they can spend all their energy trying to make it across the Rio Grande, but they won't spend any of their energy building their country or region. And F the Mexican President criticizing our rules when he himself has a straight up clown show of a country with little laws. Oh well, they don't call it the Wild West for nuthin.

And last, I for one don't believe for a second that the kid had rocks, I believe he had a weapon, which the Mexican authorities probably stashed and will sell it back to the cartels, because they are crooked as hell over there.

Last edited by **NoodLes**; 06-10-2010 at 05:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 05:47 PM
 
563 posts, read 442,506 times
Reputation: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yeah, lets shoot all those "dangerous" rock throwers.

Tell me, if your 14 year old neighbor threw a rock at you...would you gun him down?
If he were trying to cause severe bodily harm to me.........Yes I would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 06:34 PM
 
5,907 posts, read 6,356,056 times
Reputation: 5447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yeah, lets shoot all those "dangerous" rock throwers.

Tell me, if your 14 year old neighbor threw a rock at you...would you gun him down?
So by your logic the officer should done nothing and allowed to be hit by the rocks. Prove rocks cannot cause life threatening injuries, then we can talk.
The tape showed quite a few persons throwing huge rocks, and the officer had every right to fire in self-defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 06:34 PM
 
364 posts, read 184,502 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
The lesson here is that MEXICAN parents choose NOT to teach their children to do the LEGAL, moral, and RIGHT things to do.

It's almost like the parents were watching very close by to see if they would make it over or not. Instead of following the law, they CHOOSE to BREAK the LAW, and it's all the parents fault. Stupid does as stupid is taught.

I grew up on the border, and was surrounded by Mexicans and I have been hit on the side of my head with a rock. I had a black eye for weeks and a throbbing headache. It HURTS ALOT!

It's a sad situation for the kid, but when you follow the rules these things wouldn't happen. If they can't follow the rules by getting into the country what makes you think they will follow the rules once they get here. These are EXACTLY the types WE DO NOT WANT HERE!

I also find it amazing how they want to "live" the American dream. Yeah right, have you seen the unemployment rates, the welfare rates, how high insurance rates are. Building an economy takes ALOT of work, they can spend all their energy trying to make it across the Rio Grande, but they won't spend any of their energy building their country or region. And F the Mexican President criticizing our rules when he himself has a straight up clown show of a country with little laws. Oh well, they don't call it the Wild West for nuthin.

And last, I for one don't believe for a second that the kid had rocks, I believe he had a weapon, which the Mexican authorities probably stashed and will sell it back to the cartels, because they are crooked as hell over there.
yup
mexico is a bad joke
an i am being kind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 07:41 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yeah, lets shoot all those "dangerous" rock throwers.

Tell me, if your 14 year old neighbor threw a rock at you...would you gun him down?
If a gang of 4 or 5 youths was surrounding you from all sides and pelting you with rocks the size of softballs, you really mean to tell us you would just sit there and think it was nothing?

Seriously - do you realize the level of violence in Juarez right now? And it is kids killing kids. Kids killing adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,306 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Reputation: 38666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Sure..why not? Just as long as I can gun you and your buddies down while you're doing it.. I mean, that's how it works isn't it? Isn't that what you're trying to justify?

I wonder if you'll feel the same way when you're getting shot at? Somehow, I think all that big talk will turn into the usual wingnut whining..
hey, which way is it? That was the point, you throw rocks, you might get shot, are you going to allow a bunch of hoods to throw rocks at you and not do anything?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top