Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 04:05 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times

Advertisements

... has BLOWN, and its not even technically summer yet.

Its been hot, humid, and quite rainy. And it always seems to be crappy on the weekends to make things even worse!!! Maybe I've been spoiled with the last few summers and how cool and dry they've been, but still, this blows. Ive had the A/C on more this June than I did all last summer combined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 11:54 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times
Default I agree

Uh-Oh, I hope you're doing OK, because you usually don't complain about the weather.
Last 2 weekends have been mediocre. Hopefully this means we will hit our July/August drought when rain becomes scarce and the lawns brown up and it is HOT but consistently sunny.
As a former president would say "I feel your pain". I could sing something from "Annie" but I don't want to add to your pain.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:27 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
...Maybe I've been spoiled with the last few summers...
Yep. You and everyone else that can't remember or doesn't know what a normal Chicago summer is like.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:00 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,510,206 times
Quote:

Its been hot, humid, and quite rainy. And it always seems to be crappy on the weekends to make things even worse!!! Maybe I've been spoiled with the last few summers and how cool and dry they've been, but still, this blows. Ive had the A/C on more this June than I did all last summer combined.
How cool and dry the last few summers have been? Huh? Last summer was listed as one of the wettest on record. At least in the city it was, I don't know what it was like out where you are, but I will agree last summer was VERY cool and downright cold at some points the 4th of July being one of those nights as I had to have my coat on to BBQ in the rain for family and friends I had over at my house. This spring/summer has been slightly warmer at least and spring was pretty sunny, so while it's not perfect San Diego type weather, it isn't as bad as last year's.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:06 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,648,036 times
yeah, steve-o I don't know what dry weather you were talking about! the last two summers have been crappy.I was thinking that we were going to turn the corner and have a mild, dry summer! NOT.
it has been so wet, that the mosquitoes are ready to carry us off! they have hatched way too much.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:10 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
...I don't know what it was like out where you are, but I will agree last summer was VERY cool and downright cold at some points the 4th of July being one of those nights....
Give me a break. The high was 69 on the fourth last year. The low was 64. The humidity was 68% to 90% most of the day. That is not jacket weather unless you are an 80 year old man.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
yeah, steve-o I don't know what dry weather you were talking about! the last two summers have been crappy.I was thinking that we were going to turn the corner and have a mild, dry summer! NOT.
it has been so wet, that the mosquitoes are ready to carry us off! they have hatched way too much.
Now hopefully EVERYONE is watching since according to Anger Fire EVERYONE watches my posts as I am apparently trying to fool people, but I will give Steve credit where it is due. From what I know, Steve lives far inland, last summer featured nearly CONSTANT winds off Lake Michigan which the majority of the summer had water temperatures in the low to mid 60s (unusually low), thanks to the continual winds off the lake, the city was cursed with a constant chill being thrown into the air and almost continual dampness as water is... well... wet. duh For those in towns like Minooka, St. Charles, Elgin, Morengo, etc (areas west of that line) your summer was fairly warm ( I know, I was out there many times and got to experience the dualing climates from downtown to Aurora where I had to dress for winter and summer and be ready to change clothes twice a day thanks to work in both areas) anyhow, for Crook County residents our summer sucked money you know what's last year, but Du Page, Will, Kendall, and the inland counties had a decent summer last year and this year your summer has been even hotter as the lake chill is being minimized by water temps already approaching 65 degrees along the west shore.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Give me a break. The high was 69 on the fourth last year. The low was 64. The humidity was 68% to 90% most of the day. That is not jacket weather unless you are an 80 year old man.
I'm out in the suburbs genious! It gets much colder out here at night! When I was grilling it was 60 and raining. Isn't that lovely weather for the FORTH of JULY!??? Perhaps to some braindamaged folks mid 60s for July is pleasureable especially with rain, but the majority of us prefer sunny warm weather especially on a major holiday in the MIDDLE OF SUMMER

Old 06-16-2010, 12:27 PM

148 posts, read 624,300 times
Quote:

Looks like you've been spoiled by the cool weather last summer. This summer has been much more like a normal Illinois summer. Hot and humid.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scio42 View Post
Looks like you've been spoiled by the cool weather last summer. This summer has been much more like a normal Illinois summer. Hot and humid.
Agreed. And watch Steve... You won't believe it, but I'm going to state a positive here... I walked outside after yesterday's monsoon and was blown away with how clean the air was at least over in Orland. That's the one plus to all this rain... The air has basically no pollutants in it other than for natural ones like Ragweed and Mold and such and when it is actually sunny... Which isn't to often around here, the skies are crisp and blue for now, so the rain has done a good job at making the air very clean here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois