Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,423 times

Advertisements

Hello Everybody! This looks like a great community, so I registered in hopes that you all may be able to help me.

I need to move to Springfield, IL for a job in a few weeks, and I am completely unfamiliar with the area. I am a 26 y/o male is looking for a 1br apartment in the area. My daily commute for work will bring me near the St. John's Hospital near the corner of I-55 and East Carpenter st.

I've done quite a bit of searching in this forum, and found a couple old posts regarding Springfield, IL apartments, but I guess I'm hoping to get some up-to-date info. Can anyone tell me what the areas to avoid are? Apartments to avoid? Good apartments? etc....

Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 06:11 AM

45 posts, read 129,903 times
Thought I'd give this a bump since I am looking for the same information

Old 04-03-2011, 07:42 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,397,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesDon View Post
Hello Everybody! This looks like a great community, so I registered in hopes that you all may be able to help me.

I need to move to Springfield, IL for a job in a few weeks, and I am completely unfamiliar with the area. I am a 26 y/o male is looking for a 1br apartment in the area. My daily commute for work will bring me near the St. John's Hospital near the corner of I-55 and East Carpenter st.

I've done quite a bit of searching in this forum, and found a couple old posts regarding Springfield, IL apartments, but I guess I'm hoping to get some up-to-date info. Can anyone tell me what the areas to avoid are? Apartments to avoid? Good apartments? etc....

Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks all
Most people tend to want to avoid the apartments off of South Chatham road (near the Pine Woods, Chatham Hills area). Those apartments are a mixed bag, and while some of them can visually look nice, the people in the area leave little to be desired.

There are some very nice apartments called the Lincoln Square apartments that are literally right downtown (Lincoln Square Apartments for Rent | Springfield IL Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com) but they can be a bit expensive for Springfield. On North 6th street (right near St. John's) there are a couple of old brownstones that had been renovated just recently, but I can't remember their names; if you are in town, you should be able to drive by and catch a phone number if they are still for rent. There are also some apartments near the Lincoln Park area which are pretty nice and easily within walking, biking or bus distance to St. John's, if you want public transportation. Most of the rest of the apartments available are on the West/Southwest sides of the city and take a bit longer to get downtown, although there are a few highrises downtown, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of: