U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-31-2008, 12:26 PM

36,415 posts, read 57,359,773 times

Advertisements

A condo for 100K in Lake Geneva? Hell... I didn't think you could buy a garage for that much up there.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:45 PM

567 posts, read 1,687,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
A condo for 100K in Lake Geneva? Hell... I didn't think you could buy a garage for that much up there.
Yep not much of a place but I do not need or want much since alot of my time is spent outdoors. Here is the link this one is $114,000
Keefe Real Estate

Old 06-06-2008, 11:06 AM

5 posts, read 18,694 times
The city of Chicago is too concerned with giving senior citizens free rides on the CTA buses and paying the drivers $18.00+/hour. [/quote]
I'm not sure how anyone can ever be TOO CONCERNED for senior citizens. They're paid their dues! Frankly, if you were really educated about the CTA, you would know that the City of Chicago's money IS NOT being poured into it. Quite the opposite. It's run down and service is being cut all the time. In actuality, with gas prices the way they are, there should be much more money going into it to save EVERYONE money.

Rockford is RURAL. If that's what you like, it will be good for you. You need a car. You will need to drive to other cities to find good entertainment. However, there is a strong sense of family. Yes, people in general are middle to lower income. Just depends what you're looking for.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:15 PM

62 posts, read 201,692 times
Chicago to receive $9.6 million for hybrid buses

Associated Press 7:43 PM CDT, May 30, 2008 Article tools

CHICAGO - U.S. Senator Dick Durbin says the city of Chicago will receive $9.6 million from the federal government to buy hybrid buses.

Durbin said Friday that the grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation will allow the Chicago Transportation Authority to buy about 13 more articulated diesel hybrid buses.

In March, the CTA announced plans to lease 150 hybrid buses at the cost of $13.4 million a year.

Hybrid buses burn less gas than conventional diesel buses.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:17 PM

62 posts, read 201,692 times

04/29/08
City’s plan includes Bus Rapid Transit Service and “Peak Period Pricing” for Downtown ParkingMayor Richard M. Daley and U.S. Transportation Secretary Mary E. Peters today announced the city will receive $153.1 million in federal grant funds to be used for the purpose of reducing traffic congestion.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:32 AM

4 posts, read 20,041 times
Well my experience with Rockford is limited, as I live in Aurora, which is like 62 miles from Rockford (And btw it's also the 2nd largest city in IL, Rockford being the 3rd). But I have been to their waterpark, I forget the name of it but it's an AWESOME tourist attraction and I'm not sure how bad their crime is but it was safe enough for my church when I was in elementary and middle school, which was just a few years ago, to take us there to go swimming and nobody bothered us. I imagine it's not nearly as bad as Chicago and I don't know if Aurora is worse or not, being bigger than Rockford, but I know that Aurora isn't so bad as long as you don't live in most inner west side neighborhoods, which is a rich ghetto, and as long as if you live on the east side you don't live on Kane Street, Claim Street, parts of Liberty Street, or Grove Street. Although keep in mind also about Rockford it's gonna be a LOT colder in winter...it's much closer to Wisconsin, and winter's cold enough where I live, let alone Rockford!! If you can I suggest moving further south in Illinois, not just if you doubt the safety of the town and neighborhood but also because it gets warmer in the winter down there. Sure it's hotter in the summer but not by much. And it's more rural in southern Illinois and the people seem more laid back and friendly there. Move somewhere like Elwood (Probably the fartherst north I'd reccomend, I've been there once and it seems like a nice little town), Ottawa, Macomb (Although that's more west than south), Peoria, (although Peoria's rather big), Pontiac, Xenia, Granite City, or Carlinville, where they have a nice little camp resort.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 9,393 times
Do you own a map? Rockford is not as far north of Aurora as you are exaggerating. It is further west. Just to get the facts straight, Rockford is almost 25 percent larger than Aurora by land size. Aurora is bigger in population, so the city is more condensed like Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup. Rockford lies at an elevation of 715 Ft. Aurora lies between 577 735 ft. Therefore, the temperature in different parts of the city will vary from altitude. Rockford has high crime rate. The name of the place you were referring to is Magic Waters. We are four hours away from the dells, fifteen minutes away from Wisconsin.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:16 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,096,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oea114 View Post
Do you own a map? Rockford is not as far north of Aurora as you are exaggerating. It is further west. Just to get the facts straight, Rockford is almost 25 percent larger than Aurora by land size. Aurora is bigger in population, so the city is more condensed like Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup. Rockford lies at an elevation of 715 Ft. Aurora lies between 577 –735 ft. Therefore, the temperature in different parts of the city will vary from altitude. Rockford has high crime rate. The name of the place you were referring to is Magic Waters. We are four hours away from the dells, fifteen minutes away from Wisconsin.
Ok something's not right, here. Rockford is NW of Aurora, not just W. Also, either you're confused or you go a weird route to the Dells....I agree the Rockford is really close to Wisconsin, but it's not four hours from the Dells. The distance is probably only about 120 miles, and even on a bad day with traffic around Madison, it should only take you about three hours at most...Unless you were referring to Aurora, which is definitely not fifteen minutes from Wisconsin.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:37 AM

2 posts, read 9,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
Ok something's not right, here. Rockford is NW of Aurora, not just W. Also, either you're confused or you go a weird route to the Dells....I agree the Rockford is really close to Wisconsin, but it's not four hours from the Dells. The distance is probably only about 120 miles, and even on a bad day with traffic around Madison, it should only take you about three hours at most...Unless you were referring to Aurora, which is definitely not fifteen minutes from Wisconsin.
In my statement I do not state that Rockford is just simply west. I state that it is not as far north as exagerrated in the previous statement. Rockford is further worth. Therefore NW as you posted. I did mistake Wisconsin dells. *Correction two hours. And the distance from Rockford to the dells is approximately 2 hours depending on traffic. And aurora is not fifteen minutes away from wisconsin, i was referring to rockford.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:30 PM

81 posts, read 186,642 times
Default Rockford

ROCKFORD IS SO AWESOME! BUY OUR HOUSE so we can leave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois