Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:50 AM

296 posts, read 1,182,982 times

Advertisements

There was a funny exchange on "Morning Joe" this morning with Bill Murray. It went something like this:

Mike Barnacle: Have you ever been to Springfield, IL?

Bill Murray: No. I don't know much about downstate. I know it's there.
The only time you hear about those towns is at the state basketball tournament. Collinsville, Cahokia, wherever, those towns down there are all close together. People don't realize they're all within spitting distance.

Murray is a funny guy, but spoken like a true Chicagoan...

Old 10-17-2008, 09:51 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,944,069 times
You know, its not the fault of Chicagoans that high paying jobs tend to be in urban areas. For literally 200 years, people have been moving to big cities to improve their economic prospects. Rural economies all over the country have been losing population for decades. More recently, low-skilled factory jobs have been moving overseas resulting in job losses in big cities and small towns. The growth industries are in knowledge-intensive jobs which tend to be in bigger cities. This is not some evil scheme hatched by the Cook county Democratic bosses. Its the way the world economy works these days.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:46 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Unfreakingbelievable. Some troll walks in, drops a bomb, never comes back, and a year later this stupid thread is still going. Revived by a disgruntled downstater, not surprisingly.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:38 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Talking Disgruntled????Why...because I don't live in a crap hole?..LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Unfreakingbelievable. Some troll walks in, drops a bomb, never comes back, and a year later this stupid thread is still going. Revived by a disgruntled downstater, not surprisingly.
There would be no disgruntled downstaters without the bigheaded northerners who COME DOWNSTATE.Don't flatter yourself that southern Il thinks anything in the least about Chicago until one of you special ed rejects come down here and kill one of our cows and then tries to put a deer tag on it.

I D I O T S deluxe come out of Cook county and the surrounding area down here during hunting season.The one I remember best was a few years ago and was from Medinah area....He had 10 grand worth of hunting gear in a Hummer stuck in a beanfield on private property.He had made ruts all the way across this man's field and finally buried up to the axles.He came over to the road and acted as if we were so backward for not making an access road (just for him I assumed) to a creek.He said he was going to call his "office" and have them locate a tow truck and have it "dispatched".I told him not to worry about that,I'd make the call for him.It did my heart good to call the law,sit there and watch them arrest him and his 3 buddies for criminal damage to property and no telling what else by the time they were through with them and the tow truck driver charge him 10x what he would have charged a local guy.Sometimes your the ball,sometimes your the bat and they definately struck a home run with that retarded crew.Disgruntled? Not hardly,you can't buy that kind of entertainment.You should come on down Drover....we haven't seen a Chicagoan do anything stupid in the past week or so,you can amuse us with YOUR brilliance and teach us a thing or two.Give us backwards know nothing hillbillies something to talk about for awhile.Give us some tales from the bright lights.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:45 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Every time you post in this thread it gets that much sillier. Time for me to unsubscribe.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:21 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Now I know why the abbreviation OMG came into use.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:34 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,604,841 times
Muleskinner, Why would they be arrested for something so simple? Were they trying to a certain piece of property? Did you not have an easment road made available so they could gain entry to the other property?

Your story doesn't add up.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Muleskinner, Why would they be arrested for something so simple? Were they trying to a certain piece of property? Did you not have an easment road made available so they could gain entry to the other property?

Your story doesn't add up.
UHHHH what doesn't add up? You go on someone's property uninvited,that's trespassing in most instances with few exceptions and especially POSTED property....you go on there and damage something without being invited,that's criminal damage to property(you were committing a crime,trespassing,when you did the damage.Intent would be shown by the fact that he stated he knew the field was wet,but he had 4 wheel drive and figured he could make it.He INTENDED TO CROSS IT REGARDLESS OF DAMAGE TO THE FIELD because he had 4x4).Trespassing 50% of the time will get you arrested / fined around here depending on certain factors....CRIMINAL damage to property WHILE trespassing will get you some county jail time AND a hefty fine most of the time,but also depending on the circumstances.....Cutting a farmers field up with a vehicle can and most time WILL get you PRISON time.For the naysayers,google it if you don't want to take the word of a fellow who has in the past written SEVERAL of these tickets and arrested more than a few for it too.

The subject/owner/driver of the Hummer was crossing a farmers field....A farmer he didn't know,never met and never asked permission to access his field...THEN he goes ahead and goes on into a soaking WET field in a 4x4 vehicle,cuts ruts ALL the way across said field and buries up on the opposite side near a creek THAT WAS ALSO ON PRIVATE PROPERTY NOT BELONGING TO HIM and he had no permission to be on either (because he saw a deer stand according to his buddy who was in the vehicle with him and also arrested) which hunting on private property without permission(his intention to do so was evidenced by his buddy's volunteer statement to me that they were headed for the deer stand they saw in the woodline along the creek and which he repeated to the arresting officer after his miranda warnings .What a moron..That showed intent.I'm not sure if that charge stuck or was used as trading material for an out of court deal/plea) You will get pinched HARD around here by Conservation LEOs for that and they will make it stick too....then he intended to get pulled out and leave the area without telling either owner....this was evidenced by his statement to me that he was getting ahold of his office to dispatch a tow truck (a local tow operator would have reported him anyway or also been liable for damage that he/she created while removing numbnut's vehicle from the field if he was caught at it and also risked having not only trouble with the S.O.S.,but with his/her insurance company too) and also not trying to find out who owned both properties that he had trespassed on and DAMAGED it. That should take care of question one

There was NO ACCESS road and never had been,because NO ACCESS WAS INTENDED FOR ANYONE AND ESPECIALLY NOT TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC!!!The guy in the Hummer and his stooge buddies were members of the general public and not invited guests nor did they have permission to access OR Hunt the properties and they had no permission to rut the property owners field.That should answer question number two.

Add up now? It's pretty simple and I'm sure if he didn't get a bit of time out of it ,he at least paid a small fortune to get out of the jail time including what he had to pay a lawyer,fines,court costs,restitution to the property owner,travel expenses etc etc etc.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:57 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,604,841 times
Muleskinner, after I asked for the whole story you tell us. Before I wasn't sure if you meant he was trying to access some property that may have been his etc. You missed many points when you first started the story.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Muleskinner, after I asked for the whole story you tell us. Before I wasn't sure if you meant he was trying to access some property that may have been his etc. You missed many points when you first started the story.
You are right,I did.Sorry......I'm also sorry I got off on the wrong foot on this thread...I shouldn't have lumped all Chicagoland folks together because every since I did that it seems like another one comes into my business everyday and proves me WRONG.Bow hunting season started and the great horde from the north is starting to show up down here and although most are kind of goofy acting(in a funny way that is amusing,not offensive) I am noticing that there are some diamonds in the bunch.I have heard NO bragging bs from them as yet,no arguing or mouthing off about the lack of local services......NOTHING negative yet and trust me,since posting in this thread I've been listening for ammo....I have none.

It's early in the season yet and I'm sure things will happen,but I was to harsh in my earlier judgment(bad day perhaps? Bad week maybe?lol) and I appologize to all.Except the idiots in the Hummer. BTW....Most folks around here consider north of I-64 as Central IL.....I noticed a lot of posts talking of towns quite a bit north of us as "southern IL",that's not the way it's seen around here.If it's in the flat land,it's central in our estimates.Mt.Vernon on north equals central to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois