U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:01 AM

10,542 posts, read 13,517,413 times
Default Illinois wants teachers

While digging around the State education site I found 184 pages of job opportunities in school districts including Peoria area, Normal, and nearly every area of the state. The greatest need is in the Chicago area. There is a wide range of need from from Admin and Special Ed to Part Time. Unfortunately it is not organized by title, school, or by city. Public, private and parochial jobs are available.

Illinois Teaching Jobs | K12 Jobspot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 01:28 PM

515 posts, read 351,112 times
My girlfriend is in music education I will definitely show her this. Thanks for the post. If she could find something in the Peoria area after her student teaching that would be awesome. We want to leave the state but she is going to be restricted for some time.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:49 PM

Peoria is not a bad place to hang out if you will be in the state for awhile - especially if you like outdoor activities. I looked at 10 pages - if that much. There are at least 6 notices for Peoria, Morton, Bloomington and Normal. If you want to stay in the Peoria area you want to look for Peoria, Woodford, Tazewell Counties. Farther out are Stark, Logan, McLean, Fulton and Mason Counties. If you get much broader than this area you will be in Galesburg (Knox) or Springfield (Sangamon)

** Every notice has a job title, school, and city listed.** Many new jobs listed every day.

Good Luck! .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoness View Post
My girlfriend is in music education I will definitely show her this. Thanks for the post. If she could find something in the Peoria area after her student teaching that would be awesome. We want to leave the state but she is going to be restricted for some time.

Last edited by linicx; 06-27-2012 at 04:36 PM..

Old 06-27-2012, 03:59 PM

20,746 posts, read 32,523,550 times
Perhaps the site needs some sort of tips on how to get it to return the results.

When I tried Search for jobs in Peoria IL it returned "No jobs match the current search"

Old 06-27-2012, 04:27 PM

The way the site is coded is sucky to say the least. Most state websites are coded to work 100% with PCs and IE. I do not have a PC. The only way this site works for me is to start on the first page. Then click on the second page, and so on until I reached page 184. The last few pages are Part Time jobs. There are jobs for a wide range of services other than class room.

There are several new listings today. Peoria and Normal are on the first page.

Last edited by linicx; 06-27-2012 at 04:35 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 01:19 PM

Ah evil, I use Chrome and its a bit nightmarish. Still, good resource if you can navigate it. My girlfriend and I both have a preference for Tazewell or Woodford county over Peoria or Knox (which is my home county) though I will suggest some of the other counties to her as well. I would not be opposed to seeking a job in the Springfield area, for example.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:03 PM

Try Firefox. I use Safari on Lion. There may be some minor problems with the IPv6 rollover, too. I am not sure. Opera has problem's with Google embedded in Windows Host files. I just went through this two days ago with a friend who uses Win7. It was messy but once he removed the un-needed Google files in Host, and rebooted, his pc stopped the weird behavior.

If the page opens, you should be able to see numbers above and slightly to the right of the first Job listed. Click on #2. This is not a well structured website and pages load slow because of the size of the file. It lumbers like a pregnant elephant. But there is a ton of information.

So far the most jobs I saw in central Illinois were in the Peoria and Bloomington areas. I did not look at every job listed. I grazed for music only. Lincoln in Logan County is pretty nice too. Petersburg in Manard County is in a nice area too. They are both within 30 miles of Spfld. Menard has the heavily wooded rolling hills while Logan is more in the plains.

FWIW, Germantown Hills and Metamora are closer to Peoria than Eureka and El Paso. However, the Chantilly restaurant is in Eureka; the food is yummy and reasonably priced. .

Old 07-03-2012, 06:00 PM

Firefox 13.0.1 seems to do the trick. I could make some cash offering to redo their scripting and database solutions for that site! Haha. Peoria and Bloomington are very good, ideal in fact. I will show my gf and see what she thinks. She will be relieved to find information like this. I think there is a lot of rumor and misinformation that spreads among young teachers about job opportunities. Some say its good, some say its bad. Some people who do poorly in the major get jobs, others who do good do not. etc. it's messy.

Meanwhile, I see there is a vocal/choir director position open in CUSD #205 this year. I wonder who is leaving?

Old 07-07-2012, 09:42 AM

399 posts, read 455,962 times
Illinois would have less of a problem finding teachers if they didn't just majorly wreck the retirement plan for teachers. That was one of several issues that made me say "heck no" to teaching in Illinois. My class of future teachers graduated right at the cutoff to get into the "old" TRS system. We had either 2 choices if we wanted decent retirement options in the future: Desperately try and get into the system before the cutoff, or teach in another state. Sadly most chose to get out of Dodge.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:44 AM

When my SIL taught she had a choice of Social Security or the teachers pension. She opted for the pension. Politics are a problem when it gets involved with students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois